Suggestions and bullshitting thread, venting, etc. [NSFW]

EclecticInspiration
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Astra - Helped choose the name for our mascot - Astra.
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.

Skaven
@Coriolanus  
sooon, br0ther.  
yeh, doin’ that shiz on tablet would suuuuucc. the pain of writing a whole-ass post, and then the page reloading… ;-;

shorg has been in survival mode so long that he has enhanced senses .__. my boi’s already leveled up
background furry #19375
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Derpy Fur - Prevented Furbooru's terrible fate in April of 2021.
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.

my sister’s cat’s never left the house after the hurricane happened, I swear it’s the next door neighbor’s mangey-ass mutts that brought these fucking fleas after they ventured into my backyard through the broken fence a few days ago
background furry #19375

I’m shaving my fuggin’ head, I can’t deal with bugs in my hair at night

They die really good to isopropyl alcohol, tomorrow I’m taking all my rugs out to wash’em down with dawn dish soap, then I’mma take an atomizer and spray down my furniture with the alcohol

Catte, lathered down with dawn soap (the bottle with the duckling on the front),

clothes, thoroughly washed (if they’d FUCKING TURN THE POWER ON ALREADY, FOR MY FUCKING LAUNDRY MACHINES)

The goddamn fleas, ppl, they want my precious bodily fluids… %@ _____ @’%
background furry #19375

^%@ ____ @%^  
^||; ___________ ;||^

Fug it, when my sister gets back home tomorrow, we’re bug-bombing the entire place, along with steaming the carpets, and bleaching the ceramic floor spaces. I refuse to have to be hot AND itchy

I know for sure I’m not goin’ nuts with formication, cuz the fleas I’ve collected off the cat via flea comb are dumped inside two cutout lower-halfs of plastic bottles I used as petri-dishes; one’s got a bit of a slow-acting diatomaceous powder I got for the fleas in carpet with a few of the nasty things dancing within like snow, the other’s got a teeny bit of isopropyl alcohol with a bunch of dead ones sunk at the bottom that perished preddy quickly
background furry #19375

Meh gawd I can hear fleas kicking off a sheet of paper I left on the floor of a quieter room

how defug did one impromptu visit of those dogs release a whole plague into my house

it just must’ve taken a few clung to my pants as I moved inside and outside throughout my day

occasionally I see’em hop into the tablet screen… %._____.’%

nowhere near as many as before tho. I’m just worried I won’t be able to exterminate them all (& soon)
EclecticInspiration

Skaven
@Coriolanus  
It will take a long time to get rid of them all. But it can be done. It just takes work and vigilance. See one? Double the spray, double the cleaning, double everything  
and then vibe until another one comes up :3  
nah but damn, you’re gonna want your power back first. gotta cleanse ur clothes of ‘em  
also vacuuming helps pick em up but u can’t do that right now
background furry #19375

as is, I can only complete two batches of clothes, having to run my drier & washing machine separate

Web sez diatomaceous earth kills them in 48 hours, tho that’s a bit ridiculously slow for a pesticide

I need, moar isopropyl alcohol, n’ a good spray bottle, & a rug steamer, & heccin’, electricity for the steamer, faster clothes batches, vacuuming, and fuggin’, l i g h t
background furry #19375

checked catte’s fur for fleas with a comb this morning, as soon as the sun came up

there hardly any at all on her now. mabbeh those three baths yesterday did sumthin’ >.>

it was one with dish soap (instantly kills fleas),  
followed by a second bath with soap again after her fur dried,  
before getting flea shampoo from the nearest PetSmart open today and using that for a third bath. (it didn’t work as quick or apparently as the soap did, which pised meh off a bunch, but I think the 12-week long repellent advertised is sorta working.)

besides the baths I also sat down for a load of hours yesterday picking less than a hundred fleas from her coat like a scrutinous monke. combed, tweezed from comb, dropped bugs into dish of alcohol, repeat… %@ _____ @%

I hopes the power gets on today tho, so I can start sterilizing me house
background furry #19375

also I notice fleas congregate to spots on furniture, floor, or carpet that I’ve sat upon. I know I’m not carrying them there since I check before sitting and changed to fresh-bought clothes several times yesterday, so I think the fleas are waiting for me to sit in those spots again. gonna make it routine to spray a bit of alcohol or bleach into those places
background furry #19375

it def the scent that’s attracting fleas, cuz bleach and off spray (DEET) in those spots gets rid of them.

muh sister’s cat tho, she always sits atop the crate of cat litter (not the box, but the sealed crate of fresh litter), or at the sill of the window in the sun room, and sometimes even on the den’s coffee table. only one time she transferred fleas unto me was a few days ago, when I noticed what was going on as I picked her up and sat on a recliner.

They’re definitely dog fleas too, the ugly little rice-looking ones >.>

haven’t seen any lately now tho. will make a round about the house tomorrow to see if I find any.

power (& interweb) is also back. :P
Anonymous #BEFB
Muh internet to the computer went out, it was running smoothly, then nothing

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Interested in advertising on Furbooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Furbooru is not cheap to operate - help support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide