Suggestions and bullshitting thread, venting, etc. [NSFW]

background furry #19375
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Derpy Fur - Prevented Furbooru's terrible fate in April of 2021.
Astra - Helped choose the name for our mascot - Astra.
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.

Supposed to get power today. Yesterday I saw repair trucks go down the street but the stoobid “invest” storm’s rain and lightning made them have to hold off on fixing things, I think.

I swatigawd, if I don’t get power (with cable line internet access to muh compooter too) after all this time, imma be ver angery.

Might just suck it up and RP where & when I can on this clunky tablet I’m using, tho I’d reeeely prefer meh pc. (Touch-keypad be uncomfortably teenytiny, shitty battery, & wireless connection is poor atm)
background furry #19375
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.

No power today, gasoline for generator getting stretched thin.

Called power company on relavent matters, apparently no one else on my street did. Between this and having to find the fire department idly waiting in their homes to clear the roads, I’m getting reminded alot of how people in the region I live in are sheepishly polite to the point of their own detriment. (Or mabbeh they all think it’s “someone else’s” problem, even tho it affects every house on this street… .-.)

There’s a tree entangled in cables at one end of my street still obstructing tall vehicles, including garbage pickup; the streetsides are inundated with collected debris and about two weeks worth of bagged garbage.

Might make a call to the parish tomorrow as well to see about getting that wire-ridden tree removed (along with a few others further down the road). The dood who owns the property that mess is on just left his house a few days ago and hasn’t returned.

It’s like, everyone where I live expects someone else will make the phonecalls or handle the fucc-heuj trees topped over the roads and cable lines that everyone needs to use. >->
EclecticInspiration

Skaven
@Coriolanus  
You gotta be tha ooonnneee  
That shiz is wack. I’m sure things will be back soon, though. Maybe not today, maybe not even tomorrow, but soon, buddy.

A good amount of that sounds like stuff I could actually do. I wish I were over there >:/

Stay safe, buddy
background furry #19375

this no third-world hellhoel, I want me power bacc naooooooo D:<

No more effing non-perishables, or having to take cold showers with unclean water. Power shouldn’t be a luxury bought with expensive-as-fug gasoline. >:(

The neighboring streets are even getting tended to before mine, tho watching them they don’t seem to be doing anything. It’s like when you’re looking out the window while riding in a car, and you see ppl, but they’re all eerily frozen still in place like catatonic statues.
EclecticInspiration

Skaven
@Coriolanus  
ratt gonna make power you by running in one o’ them wheels for rodents

I get what you’re sayin’. Fuuuuuuuug  
Cut down on that power usage >.> use the candles n shiz  
How’re you on them books?
background furry #19375

I still have muh two books (for reading during daytime generator cool-off & gas conserving hours), tho since I was counting on having power back today (my local area is surrounded by lit streets and buildings now today, especially across the river on the “business” side, and my street is next to two of the region’s natural gas powerplants) I have to keep my fridge powered on to keep the perishable stuff I have fresh. (Most everything else powered by the generator is using the ample spare load; it burns the same amount of fuel regardless)

Muh sister was also supposed to arrive today with a bunch of pet food to feed the cat and lizard she left with me. She says now she’ll arrive Sunday.

Weather also says it’ll be extremely hot tomorrow, oboi… .___.

THEEEES BE A REEEEL HUM DINGER RITE HEEEER
background furry #19375

The tidbit about the “business” side of the river being repaired over the “residential” side I’m on do kinda remind me of this innaways.  
(Tho a nuke’s certainly a whole different thing than a hurricane)

Tho I do see the “business” side is more important in the long term. There not many jobs keeping people here in this region. :P
background furry #19375

Goddamn

The next, next street over has a small convenience store, where someone spray painted a penis along its sidewall. Likely the same person who played tictactoe on the facade of my neighbor’s house.

It like,

>Power’s gone  
>Muraled into walls, all the sudden:

XOO  
OXX  
OXO

8=D<—

It’s like the walls all became grade/high school textbooks over a few nights.

Ppl aren’t following traffic safety either lately. Not even stopping to active stoplights.

That must be why one outstate electrician/father of three kids was killed by a car.

Complete, effing, goddamn sociopaths. %<-<%
background furry #19375

Reminds me of what ppl said about games like fallout too, where one thing the player can’t experience is the horrid stenches.

I mention this, because besides the roadside garbage not getting picked up (which, miraculously so far hasn’t been torn into by strays, vermin, & coyotes), there’s also a septic odor pervading all throughout the other side of the river, where all the supermarkets and restaurants are located…

wew, lad that can’t be gud for public health. %B)%

~~muv over covid, mother nature sez it’s medieval plamgue tiem~~
EclecticInspiration

Skaven
@Coriolanus  
shorg noooooo ;-;  
Save your battery, buddy  
Hopefully things will be back to normal soon. I rlly wanna come fuggen help >:/ but hopefully they’ll get to your residential area soon, bud  
Keepin’ you in me prayers, bud  
luv yu ,_,
EclecticInspiration

Skaven
@Coriolanus  
It won’t be another week, bud. At least I hope not. If it is >:/ ratte en route  
Good. Rest well, buddy- get some good sleep. I hope it doesn’t get too toasty over there, especially while you’re trying to slep  
givs shorg le ratt snugs in spirit
background furry #19375

I’ll be uncomfortable but alrite for the most part, & the pets too, just gotta stretch out their food and see if the petstores over the river are open.

I swaer I gonna be back online as soon as I can. %; _____ ;%

I’ll be damned I can hear the two powerplants humming all the way over where I’m at. >____>
Interested in advertising on Furbooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Furbooru is not cheap to operate - help support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide