The Niraya Complex [NSFW, GORE]

background furry #19375
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Derpy Fur - Prevented Furbooru's terrible fate in April of 2021.
Astra - Helped choose the name for our mascot - Astra.
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.

@EclecticInspiration  
The cone is immediately swiss-cheesed, but the perforations seemingly ‘melt’ away, with the cone soon spotless again.

Ventilating the bush and tubes, the ordnance visibly explodes, and would’ve likely obliterated Benko, Val, & the loper they’re on, yet the blast is somehow dampened, having taken place within the bush’s grasp after receding back in the moment the gun was pointed at it.

As he retreats, what looks like a squarish-shaped machinegun barrel extends out of the bush’s top, before the air blowing out beneath the cone grows in intensity, becoming a rocket that sends the bush off into the air… it then careens northwest, likely headed to the Souterain complex…
EclecticInspiration
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.

Skaven
@Coriolanus  
(Dunno what/where that is)

“Wh-what the hell…” The ratt shakes his head as if it’d rid him of his confusion, although he unfortunately finds his brain is not like an etch-a-sketch: shaking it does not reset it. He’ll ride on back to the others, confused and feeling upset for his felled comrades.
background furry #19375

@EclecticInspiration  
(ees where they all ultimately headed||, after they drop most of the caravan off back home||)  
Arcing across the sky, the tumbleweed rocket soon disappears over the horizon… back nearby, the caravan seems mostly unscathed, the fragments that hit Imos likely being something else…

@Cerebrate @NyantaStarhunt  
Without a word, Anna checks Imos’s injuries, discovering two bullets lodged into the flesh of his left arm and leg, but nothing too serious, nor any wounds on Grimm despite Imos mounted atop her. Perhaps his armor decelerated the bullets enough to lessen the damage caused.

In a few moments, with a set of tools, she peels away the sections of suit over the wounds, injecting local anesthetics, before easily slipping the bullets out magnetically with her glove. With two larger syringes, she then ‘injects’ what look like dried marshmellows soaking up blood, rapidly expanding to seal the wounds closed.

“Didn’t want to lose any of you all, either, not that those wounds were serious…”

Val: “We’re all fine now, Anna… just relax in the baserunner, and I’ll take the wheel. We’re almost home now.”
background furry #19375

@Cerebrate @EclecticInspiration  
Quartermaster: “Wastewalkers. If they capture you alive, they’ll tack those masks unto your face to make you one of’em, so don’t even touch the masks, or their bodysuits, for that matter.”

@NyantaStarhunt  
Val: “Alright, let’s get moving agai-wait, what?%<-<%

Anna: “Since it’s a biosynthetic prosthetic, I wanted to replace it with a natura… It’s complicated. Okay Nyanta, let’s go.”

Resettled back in line altogether and on the move again, as the day becomes dimmer, they see lights turn on beneath a broken overpass headed into the ruined town of Pahrump. Just as they roll past wrecked suburban houses, another storm begins to roll in, but by the time it’s grown to similar intensity to last night, they’ve already reached the nearby safety of their own settlement.

[ 🎶 ]  
full

Anna: “…I’ll be able to replace your arm better here, once we’re in my lab-clinic.”

Shuffling/rolling right into the town’s front door, large, heavy gates part to the sides, letting the caravan in. Sentries even more heavily armed and armored than the group’s guards stand watch upon the walls, observing Imos, Grimm, and Eviscerator as they follow in with the baserunner. Entering into a massive, well-lit garage-like hangar, the door behind them closes, and those upon lopers dismount.

Val: “Here we are, home at last. Now that my people are safe, we can set out again soonest, or in a few hours, or even tomorrow, if you all would like.”
Cerebrate

Loves a Demon
@Coriolanus  
Imos: “you intend to come with us?”

he had made sure Grimm was well cared for with all she’d need for now. and was currently examining the equipment Anna had available.

“I am quite glad the advanced medical systems seem to have survived the apocalypse well enough. I could certainly earn the keep for myself and Grimm with my own expertise.”
background furry #19375

@Cerebrate @Jinx @NyantaStarhunt

[ 🔊 ]  
Within Anna’s lab, the hazmat-clad feline-lady casts off her protective gear for a labcoat instead, then leads Nyanta to be seated near to a larger version of that box she’d tried to fit over his arm. An adjacent parrock for test-livestock is also cleared and left ajar for Grimm to rest in.

Transforming that desired limb into its true appearance, she fits it into the large windowed box, then seen through the glass a cluster of tendrils extruded from familiar-looking small ports reach across his forearm, slowly, painlessly taking the replacement off and placing it into a biohazard-labeled container, while slowly, Nyanta’s own natural arm begins to slowly knit and materialize right before his eyes through the glass…

Anna: “…most of this stuff’s been pressed out with the few replicators found around the safer ‘green’ zone of Souterain, along with bookfulls of blueprints we’ve recovered. Just shovel requisite materials in, and whatever one wants is pressed out the other end.”

“With medicine and food though, we’ve looked around Niraya for the few startup ‘auto-pharmacies’ and upgraded emergency departments built in this region long ago. The bio-synthesis vats we’ve found in there have been invaluable.”

“There’s also what Val calls ‘engenerator pods’ installed into those emergency departments, but we could never disassemble and move them properly, so we just turned on and left them as they were, sometimes using them too as outposts, other times as deserted but sealed and stocked-up caches… if any of you three were to meet an untimely end, you’d likely resurrect within the nearest one of those pods for miles around. Shame we can’t relocate them, though…”

As the process takes quite a while, looking next to Nyanta, something is seen writhing within another separate glass box.

…pressing against the glass;  
full

Anna: “Ehhhh… don’t worry about that. Old project on the backburner… here, lemme,”

Anna pulls some drapes over the nearby box to conceal its morbid contents, reclines the chair Nyanta is in to let him lay back, then hits a button on a remote, activating what seems like a large, old television at the corner of the room. Onscreen, two scantily-clad dogs locked within a ‘thunderdome’ fight eachother, armed with what could possibly be “modernized” musket-pistols, as well as sharper-than-razor knives, judging by the slashes they inflict upon one-another causing no obvious pain. In moments, as one of them finally passes out, paramedics rush unto the fighting ring to tend to the dog’s wounds, as well as the other still standing…

@Cerebrate @Jinx @EclecticInspiration  
As Nyanta’s arm is tended to, as well as Imos adjacently and a few minorly-injured caravaneers, Val responds to Imos’s other question, with Eviscerator and Benko nearby; “…You, Grimm, Nyanta, Benko, Eviscerator, Anna, and I will all go the rest of the way, aboard the baserunner, Grimm, and Benko’s loper, leaving everyone else who was with us here at home.”

“Three people lost was unacceptable, let alone just one, so I’m not taking risks with them anymore. It’ll just be all of us, now. And as I’ve said, we can leave as soon as both your wounds are knit and healed, or you can get acquainted with our town, then depart for Souterain whenever you all would like.”
Cerebrate

Loves a Demon
@Coriolanus  
Imos had quickly zeroed in on said old project, it slightly reminded him of the Amoeba he had artificially enabled to actually become giant… far as he recalled it was now the disposal for organic waste back at niraya.

“hmm, a gelid lifeform, consistency of ballistic gel if i had to wager, doesn’t appear to be in pain but probably overly curious and touchy, while not posessing the concept of letting go… troublesome but certainly a step up from my doctorate piece. nothing compared to my magister piece of course but everyone learns as they go.”
EclecticInspiration

Skaven
@Coriolanus  
Rhett’s ears perk-up at the sound of his name. “Another road trip? Can’t wait- as long as, you know…we all make it there this time…but, uh, I’m glad I get to come with. I should get myself and home in order first but I’ll be right there- just let me know where to meet you guys. I still have the earpiece,” he admits to Val with a wink, then heads for the door- he say he got shiz to dooooooooo
Jinx
Even Worse Kobold -

Loves a German
@Coriolanus  
eviscerator crouched down, having obvious signs of being hit in the last battle, but no real damage

The scars are relentless and numerous. If we plan to move ahead i will need to know our destination so that i may scout ahead.

despite eviscerators terrifying looks and obvious killing potential, it seemed to be fairly normal like everyone else
NyantaStarhunt

I post Changeling stuff
@Coriolanus  
this is a strange feeling all reight. he watches his arm rebuild itself and meows out softly. he soon leans back and starts to hum/sing softly to himself

Im assuming you were a scientist befroe this shit went down. h…how long has shit been going down anyway?
background furry #19375

@NyantaStarhunt @Cerebrate  
Anna: “Well, I’m twenty years old, and according to Val, things’ve been this way for a looong time… At least over a century and a half, if I recall. When it started, in Val’s words, ‘meteors rained down from the sky for almost a month’, peppering everywhere across the globe. The meteors themselves acted as carriers for a wide assortment of extraterrestial creatures, while anything that closely encountered the craters would mutate into similar kind.”

“I’m not sure though if events leading to Niraya’s lockdown were related, or just merely coincided, but some time after that and as the meteor showers had subsided, the Souterain complex had been feeding meteorite fragments into their disassembler plants for study, just before things went sideways there too… That gelatin-eyeball thing over there’s partly made because I tossed just a few pebbles of meteorite into a mix of XNA, prions, and excavated viroids… Now that I think of it, I should probably dispose of that thing, instead of just leaving it there. Textbook biohazard, if not worse.” %>->%

As the box-tendrils reach Nyanta’s pawtips, they even finish down to his claws; feeling rather exceptionally sharp as well… along with a tad case of pins and needles.

After the box drains, and the tendrils recede, Anna leads Nyanta’s new arm to a faucet to wash loose protein-strands and suspension nanofluids out of his fur, before finally ruffling up and drying it with a towel. “…There we go, Nyanta. Good as new.”

@Jinx  
Val: Tossing up a handful of small beads, the vibrantly-colored bits of plastic levitate audibly into a 2D map, with a route drawn from (New) Pahrump; the town they’re within, to the ‘‘Arc Dome’’ mountain surrounded by what’d once been the Humboldt-Toiyabe national forests.  
full

“…We’ve divided the radius of nasties crawling out of the Arc Dome–that’s where Souterain’s been built into, by the way–into four concentric radii for mapping out the dangers by intensity.”

“The Red Zone’s the outskirts, which as you can see, our town of New Pahrump is in. We were attacked on that road southeast of here, probably by a scouting party of those wastewalkers looking for a chink in our town’s wall defenses… It just so happened that party must’ve also been on lookout for anyone thinking they’d be relatively safe going in.”

“Further in’s where one’ll likely encounter more stuff like those armed zombies actively patrolling around, alongside whatever hideously-mutated minions they can tame. They’re nested right within Amargosa Valley, so most of our town’s defenses are of course along the west, northwest, and north. If they were to try sending an all-out attack again like they did during the Cataclysm, by now, we’d happily incinerate’em in one go, along with the entire mile-radius around them, and let’s just say we certainly have the firepower to do so.”

“The Orange Zone; far more dangerous… as if whatever experiments were being run inside Souterain decided to up sticks and dig, crawl, or fly out into the area this zone marks. That old town there too, ‘Beatty’; after the Cateclysm, it was built like a fortress, just like ours I guess, but over there, by some weird cult of Techno-Cabbalists of some sort—never really understood the theology myself. The place was a city-state in its own right, with a lot of dependent settlements scattered around what’s now inside the orange circle.”

“Now, Beatty is a ruin. You’ll see scatterings of burnt-out, dust-choked dome reservations on the way in, then the citadel itself, glassed at the center by someone who suicided by tac-nuke. What’s left died quickly in the aftermath… There’s a tunnel-bunker system beneath the citadel a bit like Niraya’s there but for community habitation, and on the surface numerous buildings that partially survived the nuke, leaving a lot of ground to explore for scavengers. Most of the place is irradiated, though.”

Green zone’s everything the other two zones were, but even worse; ‘Moguran bunkers’ dotted here and there like an extended perimeter around Souterain, cranking out craploads of mutants, zombies, and even warbot fliers and ground drones. This is where I source all of my equipment from. Sometimes I’ve seen fiery clouds billowing out of the bunkers as if under their volition, though I’ve never investigated closely enough to find out what they really are.”

“The bunkers themselves; about half feature entrances big enough to let a normal-sized person in. Those are the ones I work the most. The others either have no apparent entrance, or the entrypoints are too small. Quite a few connect to some very-well-advanced pilot plants, a few of which we’ve even relocated to here in Pahrump. There’s also a few breeding and genetics labs down there, though nothing like Niraya’s, and, well… I just don’t think it’s a good idea to meddle with the equipment in there. It’s grody and putrid in there, and I swear the mutants they pump out are infectious.”

“The purpose of those bunkers with small or no entrances isn’t clear to me. None of them are the type used to shelter the drones or mutants in that zone, but the track-like ridges running down some of their narrow entrances suggest that they were either manufactories, charging stations, or both for some type of bot. Others have even smaller openings that are probably missile launch tubes, but no one’s plumbed to the bottom of one yet.”

“Those few I’ve heard who’ve been persistent enough to squeeze into the claustrophobic depths of these bunkers said they haven’t much to show for it. Some have never come out, possibly torn apart when they ran afoul of still-working machinery in the bunkers’ guts. Others had to stop at hatches that couldn’t be cut open in such cramped confines. They say that none of the spaces in these bunkers are any bigger than they absolutely need to be to admit whatever type of bot they were designed for, but that they’re riddled with tiny access ways apparently designed to allow movement by something small.”

“Lastly… the White Zone. In wake of the Cateclysm, what was left of the US military flew out of Homey Airport at one point, dropping bunker busting weapons right unto the Arc Dome, as if by drilling into it they’d kill some beating heart of evil… I mean, shit, are things ever that simple? I’ve got no clue what’s in that place myself, as nobody’s ever ventured that far.”

“Guess we’ll be the first.”

@EclecticInspiration  
Venturing off into town on his own, he soon reaches his residence, greeted by two ‘Olde Ratt Skittertail’ elderly citizens. Mr. Skittertail senior’s on the front-porch, perusing an old reprinted sudoku puzzle, nooking a pair of reading-glasses down unto the tip of his snoot as Benko steps unto the porch. %- 3-%

“Back already from the annual trip to that office-town, Benko?”
NyantaStarhunt

I post Changeling stuff
@Coriolanus  
he meows out and speaks catfolk to her Got damn, this is amazing. he chuckles and stretches his paw and arm Thank you Anna he smiles

But a…a..a.century…. he meows out softly and almost sadly as it hits him…All my friends… family. I wonder if i had a family. When we got our gear there was a notebook in the pocket i havn’t read yet. Maybe i will later.
EclecticInspiration

Skaven
@Coriolanus  
“Yessir! Finished my story for the two of you. Didn’t draw as much this time, but I made some pictures of some people we found.” Smile already on his face, he presents a notebook filled with this ‘story’ and torn-out pages with pictures of the cat, the dragon, grimm, and a less-detailed picture of the eviscerator. There’s a picture of Val drawn, of course, this time handing ‘the viewer’ Benko’s shotgun. There are three ‘blurry’ pictures of people- the people that had died- drawn in muted colors with a slight glitch effect. “I hope it’s not too much in one bite- I gotta go again, soon, so I wanted this one to last a bit, y’know?”
background furry #19375

@NyantaStarhunt  
Feeling awkward to just stand by as he reflects on an era long past, Anna brings Nyanta back into the present, by suddenly hugging him like the weirdo she is. “…It’s okay, Mr. Starhunt. You’ve got Val’s mooks, your friends, and me at your side now.”

@EclecticInspiration  
Hearing him outside, Mrs. Skittertail exits the front door, immediately giving Benko a hyooj ratt-hug, bringing Skittertail senior into it as well as he sets aside that drawbook he’d been perusing through.

Skittertail Snr.: “…The nerds over in Pahrump Chronicle are gonna love what you’ve brought back for the records.”

Lady Skittertail: “Just promise us you’ll keep coming back with them, alright?”
EclecticInspiration

Skaven
@Coriolanus  
“I promise as best as I can,” he affirms with cheer, giving the two a good, firm hug. These two showed him love or at least kindness- something he was always ready to return in full. “I’ll make sure to draw nicer pictures next time I come back.”
Jinx
Even Worse Kobold -

Loves a German
@Coriolanus  
I will return soon.

with that the machine turned around, jumping up and with a loud set of mechanical noises (insert transformers tcog noise here) transformed into a very large 4 winged predator drone, complete with jet engine and multiple mounted cannons and one large gimballed weapon looking like the energy cannon it carried by hand. In seconds it had flown out and into the sky, its blackened hull visible until it reached up into the clouds
background furry #19375

@Jinx  
As a near-invisible film suspended over New Pahrump reknits from the exit, high above the skies of Nevada, Eviscerator immediately spots a group of unknown craft leaving long parallel contrails of vectored plasma exhaust in their wake, directly above Souterain.

Acknowledging the bogey in their midst invading their territorialized airspace, the four craft-  
full  
-turn on a dime with total precision and in perfect formation. Unfolding panels pull back to reveal bared advanced weaponry and flexible vector-thrust engines, the latter likely capable of sending the hunter-killers strafing rapidly in any direction.

Faaaaar behind them, something else and large begins to shimmer into view as well… Steadily, Eviscerator’s body begins to heat up. Looking back, a green dot strobes across its fuselage, leaving a glowing streak of superheated metal where it shines across.

@EclecticInspiration  
Mrs. Skittertail, still hugging Benko as long she can: “We’ve got plenty of vittles stocked away, take as much you like… You certain you can’t stay a bit longer, though?”

Val, mysteriously* down on the sidewalk, even though he’d just been speaking to Eviscerator only seconds prior:

“Ya’know, besides Ev already scouting ahead, you and the rest of the team could take a moment to restock and rest, rather than going back out there soonest. Also, good afternoon, Mr. and Mrs. Skittertail.”

As he says, with the passing duststorm held back by an invisible barrier of clear self-repairing plastics above the town.

Mr. Skittertail: “…Ehhh, good afternoon to you too, Mr. Val. I know my sight’s bad, but how’d you get right there so quietly?” <.<

Val: “Ehm…” %._.%

“Secret of the trade?”

Mr. Skittertail: “Fair enough, I suppose.”
Cerebrate

Loves a Demon
@Coriolanus  
IMos: “i feel physical pain akin to a hammer to the head, when you tell me of their CRIMINAL carelessness, i mean in Niraya some safeguards have clearly been overwritten by that braindead outside contractor back then, but why ever would you put samples of unknown material into the dis-and reassembly cycle without a well isolated sample testing range first?”

he then calms himself, it was not easy to get him to flip his shit but when someone insulted professionalism and common sense at the same time, that set him off.

“hmm, looking over the map i can only assume that tech cult’s experiments went wrong or horribly right and whatever came out of it was not entirely their dream. if indeed a tactical warhead went off in there any machine threat has hopefully been neutralized accordingly.”
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide