Ask the mods anything.

Ciaran
Even Worse Kobold -
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Derpy Fur - Prevented Furbooru's terrible fate in April of 2021.
Astra - Helped choose the name for our mascot - Astra.
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.
Gold Piece - Gold Supporter on Patreon
Artist -
Since the Beginning - Registered before the site was public

Draw or die
@Seraphiel  
E-Hentai and NHentai seem to have the Manga side covered pretty well, as well as Doujinshis. And E-Hentai is particularly nice when following a specific artist or circle.

But I haven’t found an animebooru that I enjoy or whose content is in line with my personal tastes, but I’m sure there must be one out there. Safebooru comes close …

full

But it doesn’t have much from the 90’s which is where a lot of my anime buttons are hidden. Because best waifu in a relationship with a hawt lesbian vampire robot from outer space and first brain orgasm watching a cartoon. In fact, that single series hits almost all of my buttons:

full

But there’s more art of it on JList, so … pfft. It’s ok, but it’s no AllYourAnimeBooru.
Nightweaver20xx
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.
Artist -

Ah sh*t here we go again
Hey, I have my filter set up to filter out a bunch of stuff like hyper and scat and diaper and all that other shit I don’t want to see (literally), but it doesn’t seem to be working. I have hyper spoilered but I keep seeing it on the main page. As usual I’m certain this is user error, but I’d like to know what I’m doing wrong.
Wingbeat
Even Worse Kobold -
Artist -

Fun is mandatory
@Nightweaver20xx  
Assuming the filter itself is set up correctly, one quick thing to check is that the spoiler behavior isn’t set to “off.” “Static” is the default behavior in that nothing you do on the main page, ie. clicking or hovering, will make the spoiler go away.

If that’s not what’s up, feel free to ask for further help in the support channel on discord.
Proceleon
Even Worse Kobold -
Artist -

Artist and Game Dev
It was a surprise to see this place advertised on Derpi, tbh.  
Since furries are clearly the target audience here, would it not make more sense to advertise Furbooru on, ya know, actual furry sites? FurAffinity, e621, Inkbunny, etc.? I know there are furries in the brony fandom and vice versa, but it’s like advertising Doctor Who to Trekkies - some of them might be interested, but you’ve ultimately misfired when it comes to getting the audience the site was intended for.  
And now the amount of brony content may actually put off a number of furries, further damaging the site since it wouldn’t be attracting the market it’s advertised to be for.  
I’m just saying if your site is advertised as being FOR furries, wouldn’t you get more traction advertising TO furries?
Wingbeat
Even Worse Kobold -
Artist -

Fun is mandatory
@Proceleon  
We are actually running an ad on e621 right now!

Of course, we have to balance running a massive advertising campaign against making the site stable enough to handle the influx of new users that campaign would bring. The main reason why I think there’s so much pony stuff at the moment is simply because up to this point, word of mouth has been our main approach… and, well, one or two people dumping their art can significantly skew what content appears on the home page right now.
LightningBolt
The 1% - Hit 1% of Uploads Milestone for a year
Even Worse Kobold -
Seedling - Gave the site life with many uploads during its first months
Heavy Lifter -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote a fanfiction consisting of at least around 2.2k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Tag Lover - Good and Proficient Tagger

Senior Moderator
Emo siren
@Proceleon  
I mean we have filters and searches. If people are turned off by just seeing what is uploaded fresh and not bothering to make an attempt, that’s on them. If I judged this whole place based on what seemingly gets uploaded in bulk that annoys me (solo female stuff) then I’d have left before I even began.
Proceleon
Even Worse Kobold -
Artist -

Artist and Game Dev
@LightningBolt  
I’m aware of filters, but people seeing the site for the first time won’t know that. It’s just important to be aware of what impression you’re making when you advertise to furries, they arrive and the only thing they see is brony content.
LightningBolt
Even Worse Kobold -
Heavy Lifter -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote a fanfiction consisting of at least around 2.2k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

Senior Moderator
Emo siren
@Proceleon  
And if they can’t handle that, then that isn’t our problem. What if someone uploads a whole comic at once and it’s 40 pages all in a row on the front page? Should we filter out comics by default? What if someone uploads a whole set of Lion King shipping images in a row? What about if someone uploads a bunch of landscapes with minimal furry content yet is still related?

People can like or dislike seeing anything and that isn’t fair to punish innocent people who upload/share by making their stuff less visible or to treat ponies as less related just because some people may not enjoy seeing them. With no filter I see a ton of stuff I dislike, that’s not the uploader’s faults, I just made a custom filter to cater to myself.
Nightweaver20xx
Artist -

Ah sh*t here we go again
@Proceleon  
I mean I see it, too, and I’ve actually filtered out all FiM content from this site. I figure I go to Derpi for that, I go here for my furry fix. BUT, this dynamic will likely change once this site gets promoted further. We’ll stop getting almost all our traffic from Derpibooru and start getting more from FA and e621, Inkbunny, etc.
Fletch
Even Worse Kobold -
Silver Piece - Silver Supporter on Patreon

Administrator
Public Relations
Luna's Pet Woof
@Nightweaver20xx  
Hey!

That is indeed a great line of thought. Pony in itself is suitable and filters exists while plenty of people even enjoys both! Still, once our furrie side grows wider the images should be very balanced and mlp not as apparent as it is right now.

This discussion has certainly stormed some great ideas among staff on how to improve our newcomers reception. It is understandable that those unfamiliar with Philomena may not realize how much they can customize their experience.

@Proceleon  
We have an ad at Derpibooru as a gratitude token for the years of work that some of us on staff put into it. We also have a running ad on e621 and have plenty of artists spreading the word out about us.

Growing consistently may happen slow but it is certainly steadily, if anything everyone who joined on first month may here in couple of years be looking back at this in a much much busier site and be alongside the big players like FA. We can only hope!

This discussion really helped since there was a missing part in the equation indeed, people coming from Derpibooru are used to the site and just “go on with their lives” while others may be discouraged by not figuring out stuff soon enough. We will work on improving that aspect!  
full
Proceleon
Even Worse Kobold -
Artist -

Artist and Game Dev
@LightningBolt  
Maybe I’m not phrasing this right. I’m not suggesting anything to do with posts on the site, I’m saying advertising to bronies, especially this early on, maybe wasn’t the best move for the site’s future. It’s big picture business stuff, so eehh…
Teaspoon
Ani Artist Test - TEST
lunar test A 1 -
sun test A 1 -
lunar test -
Even Worse Kobold -
Heavy Lifter -

still using a ps/2 kb
@LightningBolt  
It’s a valid enough concern, if someone sees the front page is just pony, they’re likely to think the site is just pony. Losing users so early in the funnel isn’t good.

@Proceleon  
I think it’ll even out soon enough; some people are just transferring over some of their faves from other sites, not everything.
Proceleon
Even Worse Kobold -
Artist -

Artist and Game Dev
@LightningBolt  
Teaspoon voices my concerns exactly.  
If you’re losing the audience your site is explicitly marketed to because you’ve attracted material that doesn’t appeal to that audience then you’ve made a poor business decision and you can’t blame that on the user if you’ve gone out of your way to attract that material to your site in the first place. You see how this all connects?
Philosofur
Even Worse Kobold -

It is understandable that those unfamiliar with Philomena may not realize how much they can customize their experience.
That would honestly be a good thing to advertise too, if you aren’t already. In a market where there are already several more established options to choose from, distinguishing the unique differences this site has that the others cannot offer (or cannot offer as effectively) might help you stand out a bit more.
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide