Species Listing

CruFox
The 1% - Hit 1% of Uploads Milestone for a year
Even Worse Kobold -
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Tag Master - Exceptionally Good and Proficient Tagger
Derpy Fur - Prevented Furbooru's terrible fate in April of 2021.
Dedicated Lifter  - Uploaded over 5k art pieces
Seedling - Gave the site life with many uploads during its first months
Heavy Lifter -
Astra - Helped choose the name for our mascot - Astra.
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.

I like tags
Harpy, also should probably imply avian.
Done  
Also, tangentially related, I am not sure if Sirin and Alkonost should be species tags or character tags (here’s relevant links), but I guess both should imply harpy and maybe slavic mythology?
Wikipedia says:  
Alkonost is more likely an individual character, as was noted in some legends about this bird.

So a character, and character should not imply species. I’m nut sure if we should have tags for different mythologies, e.g. “slavic mythology” because should pegasus imply “greek mythology”? ;)  
——  
@furred_equine_or_bandicoot  
Done, I also added “alien” to implications  
——  
@Radomila Radon  
Aliases:
Sea dragon this tag is not yet exist
Please provide it in the form:  
tagname A -> tagname B

so that the direction is clear. I’m guessing you meant:  
Seadragon -> Sea dragon
So I added implications to the latter.  
——  
@Gyro  
koromon,Tanemon,Koromon -> digimon
Onychodontia -> alien, fictional species,
Done  
Biblaridion (fan series)
Is there any other Biblaridion? :P Also it looks like this is some YT channel?
Gyro
Even Worse Kobold -
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Founder Artist - Had at least 75 images under their tag before the site has hit its 50,000 uploads milestone.
Heavy Lifter -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote a fanfiction consisting of at least around 2.2k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

Piaow Birb!
@CruFox  
I dunno? But it’s a speculative biology YouTube channel. I imagine there are other creatires. I was merely sussing out the species of that image :P
Gyro
Even Worse Kobold -
Founder Artist - Had at least 75 images under their tag before the site has hit its 50,000 uploads milestone.
Heavy Lifter -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote a fanfiction consisting of at least around 2.2k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

Piaow Birb!
ivysaur -> pokemon, dinosaur, reptile, fictional species  
dragonite -> dragon, pokemon, reptile, fictional species  
gabumon -> digmon, mammal, fictional species  
gazelle -> bovid, mammal
dream
Heavy Lifter -
Tag Lover - Good and Proficient Tagger
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.
Artist -

TAKING A BREAK
closed species -> fictional species  
desc: An original species that is controlled by the creator in regards to their creation and sale as adoptables.

plush dragon -> closed species, fictional species, dragon  
impim -> closed species, fictional species  
wallflora -> closed species, fictional species, humanoid, agender (creator of species has stated all wallflora are genderless)  
sproutling -> closed species, fictional species
dream
Heavy Lifter -
Artist -

TAKING A BREAK
Oh, I was suggesting an implication, not an alias (for closed species), maybe I should have specified  
It’s like, a subcategory y’know
Wingbeat
Even Worse Kobold -
Artist -
Since the Beginning - Registered before the site was public

Fun is mandatory
@dream  
For the sake of keeping drama to a minimum, I (and a couple other mods I spoke with just now) agree that closed species is better off being aliased into fictional species rather than implied.

What we can do is credit the artist who conceptualized certain species in the tag description, but recall from our takedown policy:  
Characters and character designs are not themselves subject to copyright, but instead could fall under trademark law as a protected mark if they are registered and used.

In the instance that someone is acting in bad faith regarding one of these species, we will work it out with the artists and other parties involved, but we cannot generally make statements about ownership of the art posted under a certain tag.
dream
Heavy Lifter -
Artist -

TAKING A BREAK
@Wingbeat  
Ah, I see. That makes sense! I wasn’t thinking about it from that standpoint, just about categorization but now that you mention it that makes sense :)
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide