Ask the mods anything.

Inocroft
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.

Someone uploaded a picture of my OC, how do I get it removed?
OCs are not copyrightable, and therefore will not be removed by request of the OC’s owner. The artist who created the image is the only one who may request a takedown.

Would you say there is an issue with this rule?  
As OCs are intelectual copyrighted

Edit: and i don’t mean exclusive species stuff
Fletch
Even Worse Kobold -
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Derpy Fur - Prevented Furbooru's terrible fate in April of 2021.
Seedling - Gave the site life with many uploads during its first months
Tag Lover - Good and Proficient Tagger
Astra - Helped choose the name for our mascot - Astra.
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote a fanfiction consisting of at least around 2.2k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Silver Piece - Silver Supporter on Patreon
Since the Beginning - Registered before the site was public

Administrator
Public Relations
Luna's Pet Woof
@Inucroft  
Hey there!

As per our Takedown Requests Policy:

Character designs are not themselves subject to copyright, but instead could fall under trademark law as a protected mark if they are registered and used. This is not the case with any non-commercial characters, and so neither trademark nor copyright law lends protection to creators of “original characters” and their designs.

Furbooru will always respect artists and their copyrights to their artwork, but being an OC creator alone doesn’t necessarily gives you the same right to takedown an art piece as the actual artist who drew it has.

Nonetheless it is important to note Rule #0 and Rule #1 will protect OCs from proven bad faith usage while when a takedown request by OC creator is registered staff will still deliberate it fairly and attempt contact with artist to solve the matter the best way possible to all parts involved.

It is always good in case of commissions to have an agreement with the artist before hand to avoid stressful situations in the future.
Inocroft

@Fleetfoot  
It seems reasonable, though I do feel a owner of a OC ought to have the right for DNP for that charector.  
But it’s not a huge issue, so I’m not going to argue the toss.
Posted
Link
Anonymous #D880
Deletion reason: spam
Bexar Bandito

gahd dang it bobbeh
apologies if this comes across gauche, but when did joey and the smiling pony step down from their posts? was this a recent development or has this been in the works for a while? i haven’t seen anything like an official announcement here; i only found out about it on derpi.
Fletch
Even Worse Kobold -
Tag Lover - Good and Proficient Tagger
Magical Inkwell - Wrote a fanfiction consisting of at least around 2.2k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Silver Piece - Silver Supporter on Patreon

Administrator
Public Relations
Luna's Pet Woof
@Bexar Bandito

We have officially opened on this July 4th after 2 months of closed beta running to get everything where we wanted. Since the release a couple artists spoke of us on their pages and we have an ad running on E621.

Derpibooru did help with advertising as well. We have had valuable help setting everything up from them though as it stands right now neither Joey nor TSP are active Staff in the site. They do however use this site and are very much welcome to.
Bexar Bandito

gahd dang it bobbeh
@Fleetfoot  
ahh ok. luna kinda implied on the derpi forums that the latest mod kerfuffle over there had something to do with it but it looks like i misinterpreted what she said. hope they’re doing alright, can’t imagine how rough this past day or so has been on teaspoon.
SynthRavu

Yaks Best
So with the new staff change, the only thing I wanna ask is is hate speech and Nazi content still gonna be banned? I know there’s a lot of fear that Furbooru might now devolve into the same chaos as Derpi, but I think as long as it’s assured that that rule won’t be changing, a lot of users here would feel secure about staying on this site
Alicia
Even Worse Kobold -
Since the Beginning  - Registered before the site was public
Artist -

Site Developer
Enbyshörk
Yes. If the nazi content ends up not being banned, I’m out. I’ve also been writing a passive scraper that scans for nazi keywords so we can more easily find and remove it.
Luna
Even Worse Kobold -
Platinum Piece - Platinum Supporter on Patreon
Always Codes Drunk - Apparently cats have non-existent alcohol tolerance
Artist -

Administrator
Devops
@Alicia  
Furbooru will remain anti-nazi and the policy regarding that will not change. Derpibooru is likely to have something similar.
SynthRavu

Yaks Best
@Alicia  
That’s really the only thing I and I assume many others need. Personally I’ll still wait a while for the dust to settle on Derpibooru if it can finally definitively ban hate speech and Nazi content, but as long as there’s a safe haven here, I’m fine
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide