General Tag Discussion

CruFox
The 1% - Hit 1% of Uploads Milestone for a year
Even Worse Kobold -
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Tag Master - Exceptionally Good and Proficient Tagger
Derpy Fur - Prevented Furbooru's terrible fate in April of 2021.
Dedicated Lifter  - Uploaded over 5k art pieces
Seedling - Gave the site life with many uploads during its first months
Heavy Lifter -
Astra - Helped choose the name for our mascot - Astra.
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.

I like tags
Should foreskin and circumsized imply human penis here? They do on derpi, but I’m not sure.

Foreskin no, because of art like this: https://e621.net/posts/1801832 or this https://e621.net/posts/1545775

circumcised I think yes, because nobody would know if some strange animal penis that had a foreskin was circumcised (maybe if it happened in a story, but how likely is that?), it’s only known on human ones that they were circumcised.

BTW. you wrote circumsized, but there is no tag like this, the proper tag and proper spelling is circumcised
LightningBolt
Even Worse Kobold -
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Heavy Lifter -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote a fanfiction consisting of at least around 2.2k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.
Tag Lover - Good and Proficient Tagger

Senior Moderator
Emo siren
@CruFox  
Man foreskin on non-human dicks looks so…awful. Even worse when there’s foreskin on dicks that also go in sheaths. I’ve seen that too.

Also, oops.
CruFox
Even Worse Kobold -
Heavy Lifter -

I like tags
Why tags like white tiger or black cat are marked as a species tag and why they even exist? Should things like “green wolf” or “pink fox” be a tag too then? ;) We could just use tags for fur color for all species, because why exactly use tag an eye color but not for color (or other things)? What is the reasoning behind such a choice other than “it was like that on Derpi”? Is there some widespread fetish of being turned on only be a specific eye color? ;)

full
CruFox
Even Worse Kobold -
Heavy Lifter -

I like tags
@LightningBolt  
Black cat is just the coat color, the cat breed that is excuslively black is named Bombay cat, but there are 22 other breeds that can be black and cats of no particular breed can be black too:  
A black cat is a domestic cat with black fur that may be a mixed or specific breed, or a common domestic cat of no particular breed. The Cat Fanciers’ Association (CFA) recognizes 22 cat breeds that can come with solid black coats. The Bombay breed is exclusively black

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_cat

Should tabby cat, tortoiseshell cat and calico cat be species tags too?

And what about things like

Silver fox  
Black fox  
Cross fox  
Piebald fox  
Cinnamon fox  
Amber fox  
Lavender fox  
​Colicott fox  
Copper fox  
Pastel fox  
Marble fox  
Georgian white fox  
Moon glow fox  
Platinum fox  
etc.

Those are all variants of red fox (Vulpes vulpes). Here is a full list, there is over 50 fox coat types listed on this site: https://livingwithfoxes.weebly.com/red-fox-color-mutations.html ;)
CruFox
Even Worse Kobold -
Heavy Lifter -

I like tags
But they are not species, just color variants inside the same species, I don’t think this should warrant the brown tag color.
Anonymous #C287
Is there any reason why “futa” is now “penis on female”, but the orientation tags are futa x <Gender>? This threw me off when tagging. Should it be more consistent?
CruFox
Even Worse Kobold -
Heavy Lifter -

I like tags
Below I proposed descriptions for some tags that need them. They are are mostly (but not exclusively) taken just from the first page of tag list, so at the moment those above count of 22. There are more tags on that first page that need descriptions, but this post would get too long, so for now I chose only the most important ones.

sex - this description is based on the Derpibooru one:  
short: Sexual contact with genitals or anuses (even if not directly visible).  
detailed: This tag and any of the tags aftersex, imminent sex or implied sex cannot be on the same image, except in cases of an image containing more than one depiction of the same characters. Sex is being performed if and only if a genital or anus is being stimulated in some way by another.

aftersex - used for depictions of the follow-up of sexual acts when the genitals or anus is no longer stimulated by another character, but it’s obvious that the sex had just happened (e.g. because of the presence of cum).  
imminent sex - when the depicted situation heavily suggest that sex is about to happen.  
implied sex - when the depicted situation implies that sex had happened in the past or is happening offscreen.

ambiguous gender - when the character’s gender can’t be determined from the picture.  
detailed: examples include feral forms of animals that have no visual distinction between males and females or images where only part of a character is visible.

penetration - Used when any character in the image is penetrated by a penis, tail, finger or a tentacle (something other than a toy).  
knot - spherical area of erectile tissue at the base of a penis that swells up during erection, found most commonly on canines.  
human penis - penis of the Homo sapiens species, commonly found also on anthro character or humanoids.  
detailed: Can have foreskin or be circumcised. Can be flaccid, semi-erect or erect.

flaccid - for depictions of penises that are not in the state of arousal  
detailed: see also: erection and semi-erect  
erection - when penis becomes becomes firm, engorged, and enlarged.  
detailed: see also: flaccid and semi-erect  
semi-erect - when a penis is in between being flaccid and erect, e.g. after ejaculation or when the erection is not fully formed yet.  
detailed: see also: flaccid and erect

sheath - animal equivalent of foreskin that covers the penis when it’s not erect  
detailed: see also: genital slit, cloaca

genital slit - based on ^Derpibooru description^ but with some changes:  
detailed: like sheath but completely inside of the body. It might be present on creatures that usually have testicles inside of their bodies, such as reptiles, dragons, birds or marine mammals. May look like vulva when penis is not poking out of it, so don’t get confused. When the character have no separate orifice for anus, use cloaca instead.

cloaca - Common opening for digestive, urinary and genital tracts, present both in males and females. Use this tag only when the character does not have separate anus. Might be present on reptiles, dragons, birds, marine creatures etc.

sheathed - when penis is entirely covered by penile sheath.  
detailed: Equivalent of flaccid, see also: penis tip for when only the tip of the penis is poking out of the sheath.

penis tip - when only the tip of the penis is poking out of the sheath.

presenting - when a character is showing their butt and/or genitals to the viewer.  
blowjob - oral sex performed on a penis, fellatio.  
detailed: see autofellatio for the solo equivalent during masturbation and

cunnilingus when oral sex is performed on vulva instead of a penis.  
masturbation - when a character is either touching or penetrating themselves or is inserting something into their own body in order to pleasure themselves.  
precum - a clear, colorless, viscous fluid that is emitted from the urethra of the penis during sexual arousal. Also called pre-ejaculate or pre-ejaculatory fluid.  
foreskin - loose part of skin that covers the end of a penis.  
detailed: See also circumcised for human penises with foreskin removed.

circumcised - used for depictions of penises that had their foreskin removed. This tag should not be applied to animal genitalia, as they naturally don’t have foreskins (with the exception of some primates).  
clitoris - part of a vulva, its external pea shaped part called glans is the most sensitive female erogenous zone. Anatomical equivalent of a penis.  
detailed: Clitoral glans can be partially or entirely covered by clitoral hood.  
clitoral hood - female anatomical equivalent of a foreskin, covers the clitoral glans.  
taint - space between anus and balls, perineum.  
humanoid - character that greatly resembles a human but has some anatomical differences like wings, animal legs, animal ears or other body parts.  
detailed: Examples include catgirls, some alien species (asari,

togruta), mythological creatures (elf, mermaid) or bipedal robots that look like humans.  
vaginal secretions - naturally produced fluid that lubricates vagina, equivalent of male precum.

anthro on anthro - depictions of sexual or romantic situations between two anthro characters  
anthro on feral - depictions of sexual or romantic situations between antro and feral characters  
feral on feral - depictions of sexual or romantic situations between two feral characters  
human on anthro - depictions of sexual or romantic situations between human and antro characters  
human on feral - depictions of sexual or romantic situations between human and feral characters  
size difference - when one character is visibly larger than another depicted character.  
penis size difference - when a penis of one character is visibly larger than a penis of another depicted character.  
detailed: Often this can be connected with size difference in body size.  
micro - when a character is very tiny, considerably smaller than what can be naturally expected.  
macro - when a character is gigantic, considerably larger than what can be naturally expected.  
hyper - when a character has body part that are larger than physically possible and are totally out of proportions in the relation to the rest of the body.

from behind - position where on character is located behind another during sexual intercourse.

rear view - For images where the character is being viewed from the rear. With their back presented towards the viewer. ^(this is just the description from Derpi)^

spread butt - when character’s buttocks are spread apart either by fingers or an object.

spread vulva - when character’s vulva is spread apart either by fingers or an object without inserting anything inside.  
detailed: if the vulva is spread apart revealing vaginal tract without any external influence use gaping vagina instead.

gaping vagina - when the vulva is spread revealing vaginal tract without any external influence.  
detailed: if the vagina is spread apart by fingers or an object, but without inserting anything inside use spread vulva instead.

spread anus - when character’s anus is spread open either by fingers or an object without inserting anything inside.  
detailed: if the anus is spread apart without any external influence use gaping anus instead.

gaping anus - when the anus is spread open without any external influence.  
detailed: if the anus is spread apart by fingers or an object, but without inserting anything inside use spread vulva instead.
CruFox
Even Worse Kobold -
Heavy Lifter -

I like tags
@LightningBolt  
Yay :) I will try to write descriptions for more tags tomorrow.

Also it seems that the text in short description can’t be in italics so it’s just “_Homo sapiens_” in description of human penis instead of Homo sapiens :(

And I put two times the same word (“becomes”) in the description for erection, oops. This needs fixing too.

In the detailed description of clitoris that second sentence part about clitoral hood was supposed to go to the clitoral hood tag ;)

In humanoid there is “)” bracket missing after “togruta” but that’s my fault as I missed it in my post. And also formatting with the @ @ symbols for elf is needed to be consistent (I also missed this).

Also when I now look at descriptions of anthro on anthro and feral on feral then I think that it should be “between two or more” instead of “between two” in both of this tags, as those would apply just as much to a multiple anthro characters as to only two anthro characters, but the current description indicates only two. Or maybe just as simple as “between feral/anthro characters” without any “two or more” if this is still clear in meaning?

I also missed a letter “h” in “anthro” in the description of human on anthro :<

Also in hyper it should be “body parts” not “body part”, again I missed a letter in my post.

and in the gaping anus it should be “use spread anus instead.” instead of “use spread vulva instead.”, a mistake during copy-pasting.

Sorry for those mistakes, but it was so long that I missed some things, I will try to do better next time ;)
CruFox
Even Worse Kobold -
Heavy Lifter -

I like tags
More tag descriptions:

paws - soft feet of quadruped mammals that have claws, also present on anthros as their feet or sometimes as hands.  
paw pads - soft cushions on the bottom side of paws, toe beans. Sometimes present on anthro hands too.  
detailed: see also: underpaw - the bottom side of a paw

underpaw - Use this tag when the bottom side of a paw is visible.  
detailed: In some species this is where paw pads are.

canine penis - penis of canines (dogs, wolves, foxes, etc.)  
detailed: has a knot near the base and a pointy tip.

equine penis - penis of equines (horses, ponies, donkeys, zebras, etc.)  
detailed: has a medial ring and its tip can become flared when fully erect.

tailjob - when a penis is stimulated using a tail.  
digitigrade anthro - short already present, just add detailed  
detailed: see also: plantigrade anthro and unguligrade anthro

plantigrade anthro - short already present, just add detailed  
detailed: see also: digitigrade anthro and unguligrade anthro

unguligrade anthro - short already present, just add detailed  
detailed: see also: digitigrade anthro and plantigrade anthro

areola - the pigmented area on the breast around the nipple.  
featureless crotch - crotch that features no genitals at all.

duo - when exactly two characters are depicted.

trio - when exactly three characters are depicted.  
detailed: Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then you will use this tag.

faceless male - when there is a male whose face is offscreen or absent.  
faceless female - when there is a female whose face is offscreen or absent.

ambiguous form - when the character’s form (feral, anthro etc.) can’t be determined from the picture.  
detailed: This is often the case on images where only part of a character is visible.

just the tip - shallow penetration where only the tip of a penis is inside.  
butt to butt - when characters are touching their butts together.  
dildo sitting - when a character is using a dildo that is placed on some surface instead of being held.  
feathered wings - wings that have feathers.  
webbed wings - wings that have most of their surface area made out of membrane, skin, or other connective tissue. Found in species like bats or dragons.  
reference sheet - Image that defines the design of a character, often with anatomical details, color palette and descriptions.  
mare - female horse or other equine.  
stallion - male horse or other equine.  
close-up - images that show something from up close.

cloven hooves - a hoof split into two toes.  
detailed: Examples of animals that have cloven hooves include cattle, deer, pigs, antelopes, gazelles, goats, and sheep.

gradient background - when the background consists of colors that gradually change from one into another.  
on bed - when the character or characters are on a bed.  
floppy ears - when ear tips are positioned downwards or horizontal instead of upwards.  
colored pupils - for images where the eye pupils are in a color different than black.  
colored sclera - for images where the eye sclera is in a color different than white.  
feathers - for images depicting characters that are covered in feathers.  
detailed: When there is just a single feather or just a couple of them use feather.

feather - for images depicting a single feather or only a couple of them, for example flying in the air on placed on a hat.  
detailed: When there is a character that is covered in feathers use feathers.

hand hold - when something is held using hands.  
holding hands - when characters are holding their hands together.  
saliva - fluid that is secreted by salivary glands into mouth, consists mainly of water.  
underhoof - the bottom side of a hoof or a cloven hoof.  
––  
antlers - bone structures that are extensions of a skull of males in the deer (Cervidae) family. In most species they are shed annually.  
detailed: Reindeer is the only species where females also have antlers.  
see also: horns - similar structures, but they are never shed and are found in animals different than deer.  
––  
horns - permanent pointed projections on the head of various animals. Use this when character has two or more horns.  
detailed: When character has only one of those use the tag horn instead.  
See also: antlers - similar structures, but they are shed annually, Found on male deer.  
––  
horn - a permanent pointed projection on the head of various animals. Use this when character has just one horn.  
detailed: When character has two or more of those use the tag horns instead.  
See also: antlers - similar structures, but they are shed annually, Found on male deer.  
––  
interspecies - depictions of sexual or romantic situations between members of different species.

indoors - when the depicted scene is located inside of a building.  
outdoors - when the depicted scene is located outside of a building.

rear view - short already present, add the detailed one  
detailed: see also:  
front, rear and side views  
low angle and high angle  
top view and bottom view

front view - when a character is seen from the front.  
low angle and high angle  
top view and bottom view

side view - when a character is seen from the side.  
low angle and high angle  
top view and bottom view

top view - when a character is seen from a viewpoint located directly above them.  
low angle and high angle  
top view and bottom view

bottom view - when a character is seen from a viewpoint located directly below them.  
low angle and high angle  
top view and bottom view

low angle - when a character is seen from a viewpoint located at a low position (viewer is looking up at them).  
low angle and ~~worm's eye view~~  
high angle and top view

high angle - when a character is seen from a viewpoint located at a high position (viewer is looking down at them).  
low angle and high angle  
high angle and top view

––  
There should be no mistakes this time.
CruFox
Even Worse Kobold -
Heavy Lifter -

I like tags
@LightningBolt  
And yet I made mistakes in two tags, this is the correct form for the last two:

low angle - when a character is seen from the side.  
low angle and high angle  
top view and bottom view

high angle - when a character is seen from a viewpoint located directly above them.  
low angle and high angle  
top view and bottom view
CruFox
Even Worse Kobold -
Heavy Lifter -

I like tags
Some new tag descriptions:

disembodied penis - description ^from Derpibooru^ but I made that part about not tagging as solo more clear  
short: A floating penis that is clearly not attached to anything. If there is a fully visible character and a disembodied penis then do not tag it as solo.  
detailed: A penis that is clearly not attached to anything. This tag is not for images where the rest of the owner of the penis is just out of frame. Penis is male unless proven otherwise.

disembodied hand - based on the one above  
short: A floating hand that is clearly not attached to anything. If there is a fully visible character and a disembodied hand then do not tag it as solo.

disembodied foot - based on the one above  
short: A floating foot that is clearly not attached to anything. If there is a fully visible character and a disembodied foot then do not tag it as solo.

bow - description from Derpibooru  
short: A type of knot  
detailed: For the string instrument accessory, use bow (instrument)  
For the weapon, use bow (weapon)

bow (instrument) - string instrument accessory used to cause vibration and thus produce sound

bow (weapon) - a weapon used to launch projectiles called arrows.

face down butt up - a pose where character has their butt higher than their face

example image because why not, they can be placed in descriptions:  

(and also ^face down ass up^ needs to be aliased into it)

mouth hold - When something is held using mouth.

abs - when abdominal muscle is cleary visible on a character

dock - description based on Derpi but changed “pony” into “horse or pony”  
short: The underside of a horse or pony tail where hair does not grow.  
detailed: Located at the base of a tail, usually visible in rear views or with raised tails.

kemonomimi - a humanoid character that possesses animal ears and/or tails. Do not tag those as human.

forked tongue - a tongue that splits into two or more parts at the tip.

flared - when the tip of equine penis is swollen up due to sexual arousal and has noticeably larger diameter than the rest of the shaft.  
detailed: Note that equine penis can be depicted as erect but not flared, see this tutorial for details >>829

coiling - when a snake or snake-like character wraps their body around other character.

hemipenis - when a character has two penises coming out of a single base (like genital slit or cloaca).  
detailed: when a character has two penises but that have separate bases use diphallism

diphallism - when a character has two penises that have separate bases.  
detailed: when a character has two penises coming out of a single base (like genital slit or cloaca) use hemipenis instead

the last two should both imply: multi penis

multi penis - when a character has two or more penises
Interested in advertising on Furbooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Furbooru is not cheap to operate - help support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: Retired