the veil to the past, or the mirror of the present? modern/fantasy nsfw

Cerebrate
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Astra - Helped choose the name for our mascot - Astra.
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.

Loves a Demon
@Coriolanus  
if he focused he could just make out visions of more modern buildings, still seeming essentially the same, a town was a town, no matter what age, and the ages were the same, one world grew up technological, the other substituted magic, or as they call it arcane science.
Cerebrate
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.

Loves a Demon
@Coriolanus  
as he thinks about the modern world harder he finds the fashion change, it was still bendors but they were now offering out of trucks instead of carts.

in fact the surroundings and his own clothes had reverted too, he was in the modern world again.
Cerebrate

Loves a Demon
@Coriolanus  
“on the contrary, the less you think on it the easier it is to stay, other folded ones like myself will also still be able to see you, which is why we can talk about it without flickering back and forth, you thought about the modern world and there you were, you thought back to the veil and here you are.”
background furry #19375
Derpy Fur - Prevented Furbooru's terrible fate in April of 2021.

@Cerebrate  
“Ah. That woulda been good-er, to know, soon-er… though I suppose this means I should be careful what I think, if I try scaling up along those chains keeping the arcanum moored to the earth, then. I even had a hunch, you know… anything else I should be aware of, ‘cause right now, I’m half-motivated now to just set fire to that big floating house on the barest suspicion of something off in there.”
background furry #19375

@Cerebrate  
“Then I’ll take a bunch of bookscraps and make it rain somewhere to mess up the fine-print. Why would I do such a thing to innocent literature?…” Heads back for the door, stopping a the threshhold for few last words. ‘’Spite. Reckless, aimless spite.”

Done with shows of bravado more to motivate himself than anything, the shark then heads straight for one of the arcanum chains, then begins climbing up it, reaching to the point of pure terror once at a harrowing height of 15 feet off the ground.

Slowly, slowly crawling up the rest of the way, the acrophobic fish never once looks back toward the constant tug of gravity.
Cerebrate

Loves a Demon
@Coriolanus  
he would notice the chain slackening as the building lowered to the ground, settling neatly before a small entrance bridge.

if he were to walk up to that bridge he may see a sign that the building is set to lower for any visitors connected to an astral presence. like for instance a dofferent plane of existance.
Cerebrate

Loves a Demon
@Coriolanus  
it was soon red hot, forcing you to drop it.

perhaps though, now that you were through the door the modern world may be a bit more civilized about hospitality?
background furry #19375

@Cerebrate  
Spending a few moments paused in thought before the firewall, he wonders whether to circle around and try scaling the chains again up to a window, but then remembers about the Veil. As the fire is all very likely magic, and nobody is present, he ponders deeply about the mundane world to pass back over, hoping not to set off any motion-sensors on the other side.  
*In which case, might be best to double back to the bar, then maybe come back carrying a bedsheet on his mundane-world person…*
Cerebrate

Loves a Demon
@Coriolanus  
he sees the metal detector and scanner of your standard security checkpoint, notably these had to be manned in order to be a hindrance. and manned it was not, in fact the entire building only offered the hum of electricity, looking behind you see a large metal door that definitely needed industrial motors to be opened, and out the window a perimeter wall that looked to be reinforced enough to stop a raging wrecking ball.
Interested in advertising on Furbooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Furbooru is not cheap to operate - help support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide