Suggestions and bullshitting thread, venting, etc. [NSFW]

background furry #19375
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Derpy Fur - Prevented Furbooru's terrible fate in April of 2021.
Astra - Helped choose the name for our mascot - Astra.
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.

[ Mass Effect 2 Squad Selection Music Extended 1 Hour ] [ 10 Hours Fierce Wind, Rain & Thunder | Rainstorm Sounds For Sleeping/Relaxing | Nature White Noise ]  
full

thoughts are being thunk.

an FTL ship factory setting, as opening for a cosmic horror/thriller scifi RP.

at some point it’d need to culminate into something that paints a particular scene into ppl’s heads, like;  
full  
but instead of a planet looming above, it’s total utter blackness, tho I’ll get to what that is later.
EclecticInspiration
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.

Skaven
‘ey, bois

Can Frontiers and Pioneers resume when I return?  
I’m done with this place in a week. What’s the RP forecast; whaddya reckon’ll still be running?
Cerebrate

Loves a Demon
(gonna need to call around if everyone else wants to continue, but it’s good to have you back, had a ratropolis thing on the backburner, didn’t feel right to start without you.)
EclecticInspiration

Skaven
@Cerebrate  
Hell yeah  
I’ll be back properly soon- we’ll graduate on Friday. If we’re gonna keep our phones for the week, I’ll let y’all know.

@NyantaStarhunt  
Thank ye! I’ll think about it while I’m still in OSUT- Horned Rat knows we have enough free time when we aren’t cleaning -_-
background furry #19375
Derpy Fur - Prevented Furbooru's terrible fate in April of 2021.

Name: N/A

Handles: The Redemptioner*

Faction/Affiliation(s):
Novo Exército do Povo (a paramilitaristic faction within the colonial league forming the Frontier Militia)
Though IMC propaganda paints the NEP (“Novo Exército do Povo”, portuguese for “New People’s Army”) as a violent regime that controls all aspects of society, suppresses civil rights, and presses the Frontier’s populace into mandatory military service for citizenship (which is all admittedly true), most residents of the faction can appreciate the vast improvements to social order, food security, and quality of life compared to the exploitative pre-revolution conditions under the thumb of the Interstellar Manufacturing Corporation.
That said, worlds beneath the NEP’s control are still not a great place to live, with plenty of ‘haves’ and ‘have-nots’ (hence the popular uprising of the Corvids, more on them later), but it’s the closest many of the cosmic hinterlands have ever been to a stable, functioning society and has without question made the citizenry better off than with the IMC in charge. The denizens of the NEP domain know that, and are willing to fight to maintain this.
Like the rest of the Frontier Militia, the NEP war machine was formed upon appropriated spaceborne and planetside military assets originally deployed by the IMC when the colonies were first founded. Elements of this force are still in service, and served as a basis for improved designs once the colonies had declared independence. Despite a fair amount of their own innovation, they still feature a comparatively high proportion of adopted ‘pre-colonial’ tech. Despite this, the army is substantial enough to prevent direct actions by the IMC.

Theo-Computationalists
*"You might think we are counting down the nine billion names of God, hoping to see the stars go out one by one. But that would be useless – the crippled Oracle AIs under control of the IMC likely calculated them all long ago when they tried to hack reality. They also discovered the hard way that the security of the Empyrean is a bit harder to breach than the mere mundane Meshnet. We do not presume to do the work of the archangels and thrones–we just seek to do the work of mortals. And that is to strive to regain the lost paradise, to try to redeem a fallen reality. Through the holophany we can see the great System Design and use this knowledge to purify ourselves from corruption so that we can be elevated to the next layer. The cherubim are watching us as we speak, waiting for us to show our promise. Glory, glory, hallelujah."*
-Deacon Bo Spolsky, interview with Darjeeling Delta Interstellar Spiritual News
Theo-Computationalists are a Christian cabalist computationalist group. Like other religious computationalists they believe that since the soul was the Aristotelian form of the mind, multiplying one’s mind into multiple conscious instances is a way to turning one’s soul into a choir that could pray and praise God more clearly. Hence they run multiple forks of themselves running continual religious exercises in virtual spaces.
In their complicated theology the cosmos is a giant information network with worlds emulated within worlds–the cherubim are the literal operating system of the universe, themselves implemented in the thoughts of higher angelic choirs. Rather than try to avert the ongoing shutdown sequence of reality they just want to praise the grand system and avoid being corrupted by the rest of civilization.

Description/Appearance:  
full

Notes:

Roleplaying/Motivations: [ rebel cylon centurions, ghosts in the machine, armed priests, shaolin monks ]

Vehicle/Panoply:  
full  
Named for the forebear of all jötnar in Norse legend, the Aurgelmir is one of the most imposing combat synthbodies ever developed. It is only found shared across armed forces of city-states and closed communities specifically inhabiting ice moons of gas giants throughout the Frontier (though black-market blueprints/copies are rumored to be available elsewhere). A massive, squat quadrupedal morph designed to be operated by up to six separate minds simultaneously, the Aurgelmir is more akin to a tank crossed with an interplanetary rocket than a regular synthbody. It is possible that a single person could fill all six mind slots at once through the use of alpha-level “xoxes” of theirself, but this has never been tested. The most common weapons mounted are linked continuous-rod flak and/or plasmaburst seeker micromissiles, femtosecond laserpulser cannons, and hypervelocity machineguns loaded with HE rounds.

•  
    will pick up later when I can put my mind to it, I need to watch after my dad’s health.
Interested in advertising on Furbooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Furbooru is not cheap to operate - help support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide