Frontiers and Pioneers (sci-fi, NSFW(violence,possible teases), robots)

EclecticInspiration
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Astra - Helped choose the name for our mascot - Astra.
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.

Skaven
@Cerebrate  
(Didn’t see this)  
“It isn’t quite private per se but that doesn’t mean I knew or appreciate that you lot were eaves dropping…”

@Coriolanus  
“…Huh…I’d be tempted to put this in my designs if it weren’t for how satisfying that recoil is. I’ll consider some of this, but we won’t cut out recoil altogether. It’s ingrained in our training- to shoot is to readjust from recoil for the next shot. I’ll get one of the smart ones back here so we can get quicker results, unless you feel like wasting some time with our lousy printer’s CAD software. Hmmm…thank you very much for this, Ramesh.”
background furry #19375
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Derpy Fur - Prevented Furbooru's terrible fate in April of 2021.
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.

“Hmmm…thank you very much for this, Ramesh.”

Hidden the inside. full

Expressed on the outside:  
“Now I can’t help but imagine militia firing literal handcannons sideways, just like old-earth street gangs used to with small-caliber handguns… but yep, the ‘mesh-net’, and ‘spimes’; ubiquitous surveillance and usable data storage within every electronic device, while broadcasting the state of said device. It’s how synths keep themselves aware of so much going on around them. Personally though, beyond the few permitted ones it’s mostly just a din of blurry white-noises, unless I focus well enough.”
EclecticInspiration

Skaven
@Cerebrate  
@Coriolanus  
“Working IT rarely showed it in a great light. Something breaks, the whole network can act weird.” She frowns, noting no present parties would view her stories favorable. “…Anyways. Are you satisfied with what you’ve seen thus far? Ceramic projectiles, handheld canons that don’t break your arms, and tunnel rats?” Tiredly, she begins writing these down with pen on paper. Any sensors mimicking an organic nose can easily pick up the ‘scent’ of the pen’s ink, supposedly a somewhat intoxicating smell to meatbags.

(it is to me, anyways ;-; markers smell gud-gud)
Cerebrate

Loves a Demon
@EclecticInspiration  
“the concept of hardshell projectiles is noted as interest, but these are essentially frag rounds, which would function nicely on large wildlife but likely leave the stone constructs unimpressed, all other ideas are approved for production as soon as you wish. as for ammunition, we may in fact have something, old resonator experiments produced sonic grenades, that, in conjunction with a protective oversuit were used to shatter walls quickly, on a similar note miniaturization to limit area of damage should be possible, no one ever needed an anti building machinegun, but now it would offer a suitable answer to the stonekin.”
EclecticInspiration

Skaven
@Cerebrate  
“Ceramic is hard- like how I can use a mere shard to shatter a window, fragments of such a projectile would be unsavory for any hard targets. I don’t know the hardness of the stone we’re against.” She reaches for a cup of coffee, her hand grasping empty air. She frowns and furrows her brow, glaring at the spot it should be in before sighing and continuing. “Hardened steel core would do the same, maybe with more penetration first. I’d have to test the rounds. I’m against stuff that requires additional protection over what we already default to, but since I don’t foresee a lump of stone shooting a gun back, I guess we can ditch the ballistic armor…and maybe the stab armor…blunt is mandatory, though.” Another clear reach for a cup, to which she plays off calmly as her putting her hand on the desk.
EclecticInspiration

Skaven
@Coriolanus  
(sorreh for doin’ a post ninja ;-;)  
(but yeh)

“…I don’t want to know what that means, but I’ll keep an eye out for talking food…as for the pen…yeah. I’m surprised you can smell it.” She caps it and puts it away.
background furry #19375

@EclecticInspiration @Cerebrate  
“I’ve heard this body can even pick up bomb residue too, especially the kinds dispersed as invisible minefields, like astrolite.”

“Anyways… I heavily implore you both heed extreme caution with which tech to implement. Whatever the enemy is might imitate it upon encountering it, then turn it against us, possibly to even greater effect than we realize… And, please, do not implement sonic weapons %[ NSFW: Grotesque ]%, or else the organic population-count on this planet will soon be nosediving.”  
( + )
EclecticInspiration

Skaven
@Coriolanus  
“Right on. I’d like one method- one design I can copy-paste into whatever needs my crew have. Not everyone’s a Swiss army knife when it comes to weapon handling. And yes…sonic weapons of high calibre, so to speak, have been discarded since the beginning. I am not, however, discarding them for nonlethal use, provided they have a hard capacity in the form of equipment strength. To be fair, however, it’d potentially increase productivity in some small ways. Just in a really morbid method. Or maybe I’m tired…” She’ll use that pen to draw a very basic motorized creeper, a stupidly basic ‘gun’ tagged ‘no kick canon’ firing a projectile tagged ‘very hard’, and a large tank-shaped object shaded-in and tagged ‘SCIENCE?!’.  
She looks up to him expectantly, as if asking if there is anything else. Her facial expression hints she intended to ask this query, but failed to.
background furry #19375

@EclecticInspiration  
Pondering the last doodle, he turns to a blank portion of wall in the room, visibly applying focus to that spot for no obvious reason… Very unexpectedly out of the blue, that section of wall then morphs and molds into a seamless monitor screen. As enough pixel-motes in the display light up, a trackless armored vehicle comes into view;

”Ah, so the walls here do do that.“

full
EclecticInspiration

Skaven
@Coriolanus  
She stares dumbstruck at it, her tail freezing and her ears shooting upright. “Wh…wha…”  
It’d take her a couple minutes of open-mouth staring before she slowly but finally comments, “it…it looks good,” she nods a little and closes her mouth when not speaking, “a good-looking vehicle for heavy-lifting. I…have no such thing, but…that’s a cool thought for sure.”  
He’s simultaneously impressed her, startled her and her paranoia, and totally dumbfounded her, and it’s all evident on her face and in her tone.  
She may be tired but it’s a feat nonetheless. Moments like these are solid reminders she is still a dog. A ball could fit in that mouth agape, a chewtoy in her hands…
background furry #19375

@EclecticInspiration  
“It’s the same concept as reactionless drives on most modern spacecraft, but applied unto a terrestrial vehicle.”

“…As for why the wall did that, my apologies, I just wanted to know why all the flat surfaces were bugging me. Turns out we’re surrounded by shapeshifting smart-materials. Might want to lock that feature though, it should be connectable to your lap…top… eh, ms. Riggs, are you alright?” <-<
EclecticInspiration

Skaven
@Coriolanus  
“…”  
“…”  
“…”  
She blinks and elicits a small slurp sound- doggo drool. Subtly, she gives her tail a small tug to ensure she’s awake, the answer to such a curiosity making her ears fold back, and any sort of heat sensors could note a raise in temperature on her face, now avoiding eye-contact. “Y-yeh- ahem- yeah…I, ah…didn’t expect that,” she excuses slowly, trying and failing to decide how to compose herself and recover from this. She’s been…less than professional, perhaps causing her a fair bit of shame and embarrassment, even if it stems from her being tired, perhaps from more than she’d described earlier.  
While trying to decide how to recover, she scribbles over the question mark in the ‘SCIENCE?!’ tag on her clipboard. Professional doodles, you see.

(doesn’t help that acting like a doggo is probably a pretty embarrassing thing for a tough security lead tbh)
background furry #19375

@EclecticInspiration  
‘Derealized’ and observing the scene from a slowed %( + )% 3rd-person perspective view of a security camera, his cybernetics running in an overclocked mode, kinesthesic software unravels unspoken context within the scene, frightening Rameshvara of what sort’ve situation he may’ve suddenly found himself in.

%.___.’%

“…It’s, been a pleasure speaking with you, Ms. Riggs.”
EclecticInspiration

Skaven
@Coriolanus  
She coughs a little bit. “And, um, you as well, Ramesh- thank you…” She sighs, “my sincerest apologies for being…well, a moron. My contact info is on file somewhere in our intranet if you’d rather contact me that way. Might not be as…something…” She shakes her head. “Thanks for the company, at least..” It sounds like she thinks he is leaving.
EclecticInspiration

Skaven
@Coriolanus  
(wheeze Best. Scene end for now; we can pick this back up eventually. Let the two sleep, let us sleep…Tho alas, I will be busy tomorrow afternoon after 2. I have MEPS -_- again)  
(Kinda curious what’s gone through his noggin; this was an entertaining little bit, at least to me. thankie)
background furry #19375

@Cerebrate  
“Gonna find the mainframe, then doctor any archived recording of that meeting with Riggs, though thanks for the heads-up.”  
At that moment, the terribly-smitten and confused shark disappears suddenly into thin-air from camera view.

Any pressure, laser, or motion sensors that should be ahead remain silent, but also more disturbingly, rewound data of where he’s fumbled through the ducts so far shows no record of him ever having passed through, as if he was never inside of there to begin with. Pulling up a live view of his personal quarters, he appears to still be there, drifting around weightlessly on aircurrents, in a pose commonly seen with inanimate bodies left in zero-G.
Cerebrate

Loves a Demon
@Coriolanus  
Jade: “in the off chance that you can hear me, the mainframe is cloned at all times, and the one you can’t mess with is under secure guard in a location i have not been told, and AMy will be awaiting you at the data core.”
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide