Frontiers and Pioneers (sci-fi, NSFW(violence,possible teases), robots)

EclecticInspiration
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Astra - Helped choose the name for our mascot - Astra.
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.

Skaven
@Coriolanus  
She glances up in time to notice, making eye contact.  
“Well…thank you for the advice, Ramesh. You’ve given me a lot to think about. And thank you for being nice about me being outdated,” she smiles a little.  
“But, um…sorry if it’s weird but are you feeling alright?”
background furry #19375
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Derpy Fur - Prevented Furbooru's terrible fate in April of 2021.
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.

@EclecticInspiration  
“Would you like to go someplace?”

“I heard someone in my department went and made a whole bunch of VR peripherals, then donated them to a café near the colony’s entertainment district. Lenses, treadmills, subdermal speakers, bodysuits, gloves, nose plugs, even tongue dams for gustatory simulation, w-which is gross, hope they’re disinfecting or replacing those… do you have somewhere else in mind?”
EclecticInspiration

Skaven
@NyantaStarhunt  
He comes back over to help pick him up, including pushing from behind, because oof, lizard short.

@Coriolanus  
She shakes her doggo head, “I haven’t gotten out much- don’t know what’d be interesting to do. Wouldn’t mind trying something like that anyhow, at least after what you said.”
background furry #19375

@EclecticInspiration  
“I think the gunfight simulators are always popular, even if they get a bit wacky sometimes…’’

“I hear though that they keep mock-weapons built with pneumatic weights, to imitate kicking whenever shooting.”

“Other than that, as another option to do, a few decades ago I used to practice martial arts. Never actually sparred though with a partner though, it was always synchronized, so I guess ‘acrobatic dancing’ is the right way to put it… Isn’t there an arena nearby that I heard the boss once used to tame some sorta lion-thing in into submission?”
background furry #19375

@EclecticInspiration  
“What I mean by ‘acrobatic dancing’ though, and since it was an applicable martial art…” %’.__.% Transduces to Riggs’s computer a link to 3rd-person eXperience Playback of someone taking on multiple armed opponents in a deep-dive simulation.

full

Whoever had posted this onto New Scandia’s local net had also decided to overlay an overdramatic orchestral theme over the original recording audio. “…It gets even nastier in zero-G arenas. Maybe I shouldn’t try this sorta stuff against you, if we decide on competitive physical sparring together. What martial arts do you practice?”
EclecticInspiration

Skaven
@Coriolanus  
“Oh, uh…I don’t, really. I was police and military, not a pugilist. Wasted opportunity on my part, considering I like to use my sidearm in close quarters. If I saw stuff like this,” she gestures to the computer screen, “I’d just keep my distance and use ranged weaponry. I won’t shoot you, though,” she smiles a little.

If the shark has access to her file, he could corroborate what she said about being police and military, although she neglected mentioning she’d been special forces* and in a police tactical unit*  
Yes I chose these because of her breed >.> even tho it feels corny as fug-fug to have her have been in both but shh
background furry #19375

@EclecticInspiration  
“Not even jiu-jitsu*, though? I’ve heard law enforcement working in lagrangian habitats back near Earth depend on it whenever grappling thugs in zero-G areas, what with conservation of momentum not blending well with throwing punches or kicks.”

“…Sounds like we both know something we can teach the other, considering I’ve never actually held and used a gun: even the stuff I build has always been bolted onto a machine-rest whenever tested. If you’re alright with it, let’s spar in the arena first.”

“I think there’s something you must have to’ve been in military and police, and I want to see.” <-<
EclecticInspiration

Skaven
@Coriolanus  
“I can teach you how to use firearms. I don’t know martial arts, though, at least not enough for a fight. I hope there’s cameras- this might be fun to watch in hindsight.” She stands and pushes her chair in, smiling, “might even find some goofy music to overlay the footage with…”
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide