Frontiers and Pioneers (sci-fi, NSFW(violence,possible teases), robots)

EclecticInspiration
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Astra - Helped choose the name for our mascot - Astra.
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.

Skaven
@Cerebrate  
Kinda awkward she showed up with a murder lizard, but she’s in shorts and a shirt. “Digital medical records shall be well on their way, but I don’t have any implants- I’m completely stock.” That’s hard to believe considering her occupational background, unless you know how she feels about them.  
She whips-out her data pad and, with a few taps of the thumb, has well-organized medical records arriving to Sanguine- evidently, she keeps them readily available.
Cerebrate
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.

Loves a Demon
@EclecticInspiration  
Sanguine: “my my, a laundry list of injuries in the line of duty, and adamant refusal to have a completely mangled arm replaced, instead going for the expensive, long and painful route of restoration… good to have them on file. i’ll also be marking down that no further suggestions for cybernetics will be made.”
EclecticInspiration

Skaven
@NyantaStarhunt  
“I don’t have access to yours, but I’m sure it can be taken care of. I just have mine ready to go because I need it pretty often. We’ll get you taken care of, sweetie.” Doge smirk.

@Cerebrate  
“Yikes. Good choice. I thought my last health provider did that…oh well.”
background furry #19375
Derpy Fur - Prevented Furbooru's terrible fate in April of 2021.

The shuttle nears the same location the Eriksson is awaiting at, slowly descending to land nearby to it.

@Cerebrate  
“This shuttle’s an old ‘Rajput’ design, in short whatever would happen in here’d be kept in the dark, with no risk of anything getting out unto the greater mesh, and even if it somehow did Imos, cognoviruses, even cognoweapons, both digital and organic, are one of many things I used to squash long ago.”

“I doubt they’re from the federation, considering the fed’s distancing from the exclusion darkzone and overreliance on bombardment. They even look too worn and torn to’ve been there for only the short time the feds have.”

“There’s no telling where they’ve come from…”

The shark then retracts all of the unnecessarily frightening tools selected on the smart tool, stowing the widget from view.

“…You don’t have a synthbrain anymore, Imos. Besides these robolds here,”  
{“explaining their odd movement, muteness and behavior, in retrospect. They must be the exemplified effects of prolonged exposure of synthbrains to this planet…”}

“no synth nor simulacrum like myself upon this world does anymore, so unless those ‘built-in instincts and subroutines’ are a holdover inside your new squishy brain, inherited from your old one, I’d say the truth is more overall that you care deeply about their well-being… which is good. If you object to me having them all taken apart for study, then do as you will, take them in, switch them to fleshen brains and new IDs–if they even possess the latter to begin with, and watch over them diligently.”

“They’re in your hands now.”
background furry #19375

@Cerebrate  
“I already did, just as they were all in a neat column when we were leaving.”

“What I’ve seen in the scans is eerily similar to something I encountered centuries ago back around Sol, on 78 Diana: Twenty robolds, almost like all of these now. After the preliminary scan, when I tried to examine one more closely, his body had just disintegrated into a… small pile of dust…” Readjusts his composure. “-of, well, carbon, iron, gadolinium, and outgassed hydrogen and neon. There was even a burst of gamma radiation, implying exotic elements not on the typical periodic table. They could still be transferred through a wirelinked bridge into new bodies just fine, but when I tried to examine one of the robolds’ brain-connectomics back then, it crashed the system running it, killed me, and deleted itself.”

“I’m certainly not saying this could be the work of someone from centuries ago of course, but the masking strategy matches.”
EclecticInspiration

Skaven
@Coriolanus  
@Cerebrate  
oh shizzle  
a big shuttle

“…Huh. So have any of my staff been fired? Has Ginger gotten any punishments while I was gone? Suppose I can go find out…Ehm, Chiropta- I need to discuss medical training with you later, if you’ve got the time.”
background furry #19375

@Cerebrate  
“I can recall it from memory like it were yesterday. Granted I don’t like to recollect on it, particularly since it was two people that’d died in front of me, but it’s the first thing that comes to mind with this.”

With the shuttle landed, the bay door lowers, revealing the Eriksson outside in the distance.

“Do with these robolds as you please; enlist them on, turn them in to the federation, but heed my advice.”
background furry #19375

@Cerebrate  
“As far as I know, just don’t disassemble their bodies. Transferring them into a normal one’s fine if they need a new body, ask me and I’ll handle the process for you just to be safe, but if someone were to pick through their mind-maps then let’s just say they’d be unleashing Pandora’s box; that means no psychosurgery to ameliorate traumatic experiences, no ‘skillsoft’ downloads to augment them with any talents, and no peeking whatsoever into their connectomes.”

“Basically, don’t look at or mess with their ‘factory settings’ so to speak, and they’ll be just like any other robold.”
Interested in advertising on Furbooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Furbooru is not cheap to operate - help support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide