avoiding going the way of the derpi

aponty
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.
Artist -

Give me soy
I’m extremely hopeful about this site (and I want to do my part in promoting it): I want an escape from the tyranny of e621, both their mods and the codified transphobia in the tagging system.  
Plus, I love the way the site functions.

One unfortunate side effect of what is currently happening on derpibooru is that I’ve seen furries acting like the same thing that happened there is going to happen here, despite absolutely no signs of that occurring (and many signs to the contrary)

How do y’all think we should address this?
Luna
Even Worse Kobold -
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Derpy Fur - Prevented Furbooru's terrible fate in April of 2021.
Astra - Helped choose the name for our mascot - Astra.
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.
Platinum Piece - Platinum Supporter on Patreon
Since the Beginning - Registered before the site was public
Always Codes Drunk - Apparently cats have non-existent alcohol tolerance
Artist -

Administrator
Devops
Furbooru is ran by a different set of staff members, despite sharing a few names on the moderation side. Our policies are different, and the head administration consists of completely different people.

What happened on Derpibooru was an unfortunate accident and was caused by a string of bad decisions on the head staff part, as well as lack of communication. There is no chance this will repeat itself here.
aponty
Artist -

Give me soy
That is how I saw the situation, though I am happy to hear it confirmed. My only remaining concern is having good optics with the people on the outside hearing about the situation with derpibooru – it would be unfortunate for them to judge this site harshly after hearing about the mishaps of that one.

I suppose that this might already be good enough.

I shall continue to advocate for furbooru! Thank you for all your hard work.
Luna
Even Worse Kobold -
Platinum Piece - Platinum Supporter on Patreon
Since the Beginning - Registered before the site was public
Always Codes Drunk - Apparently cats have non-existent alcohol tolerance
Artist -

Administrator
Devops
@aponty  
@aponty  
Hey thanks for the optimism, it honestly is refreshing to see someone being positive in the last week, with everything going on with Derpibooru, people immediately grew skeptical about this website.

I have high hopes for this project of ours and I’ll do anything required from my part to ensure that this website remains the welcoming place for anyone, where people can feel welcome and safe from discrimination, racism, and other abusive behaviors. The rule set is derived from Derpibooru, but it’s changed in our own way, and we hope it would work well.

Thank you~
Bexar Bandito

gahd dang it bobbeh
so far i’m totally on board with all of this and i have high hopes for this project. one thing i will say, though, (even tho i’m sure y’all have had this conversation internally many times lol) is that one of the main issues that led to the current derpibooru tire fire is not recognizing the signs of a toxic user culture early on and nipping it in the bud. /mlp/ people thought derpibooru was supposed to cater specifically to them, tumblr people thought the same, then twitter people, and now derpibooru’s own administration has drawn battle lines amongst themselves. please, if you see people using furbooru as their personal soapbox for bigotry, address it ASAP and don’t let them think they can get away with turning furbooru into a giant advertisement for /mlpol/.

other than that thank y’all for everything, here’s a celebratory ponk!  
Teaspoon
Ani Artist Test - TEST
The 1% - Hit 1% of Uploads Milestone for a year
lunar test A 1 -
sun test A 1 -
lunar test -
Even Worse Kobold -
Seedling - Gave the site life with many uploads during its first months
Heavy Lifter -

still using a ps/2 kb
@Bexar Bandito  
This site is starting without suddenly inheriting a large community along with its norms and culture, and without the artificial pressure of being the only viable site of its kind and thus everyone’s playground for better or worse (most often, worse).

There’ve been a lot of lessons learned from a great many mistakes.
Anonymous #B802
Furbooru is ran by a different set of staff members, despite sharing a few names on the moderation side. Our policies are different, and the head administration consists of completely different people.

Looking at the staff page, everyone listed under Administrators and Moderators are also people with official status on Derpibooru, so, can you clarify your statement here?
Teaspoon
Ani Artist Test - TEST
lunar test A 1 -
sun test A 1 -
lunar test -
Even Worse Kobold -
Heavy Lifter -

still using a ps/2 kb
@Anonymous #B802  
The Luna listed here and the one there are extremely different individuals who happen to like the same character. For the others that are on both sites, it’s simply a case of technical knowledge and experience with the Philomena project and/or tagging systems on derpi/e621 in order to help set basic logistics up.

The heads of this and that site are different as are their plans for how to operate it. Once the site starts growing staff will be coming from the community and it’s not unlikely some existing staff that only joined to help set things up will leave after things are stable.
LightningBolt
Even Worse Kobold -
Heavy Lifter -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote a fanfiction consisting of at least around 2.2k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Tag Lover - Good and Proficient Tagger

Senior Moderator
Emo siren
and it’s not unlikely some existing staff that only joined to help set things up will leave after things are stable.

Well I’m not going anywhere.
Greg Universe

Grandest of Dads
I think that - since this site started out with clearly-defined rules against the offending content that caused the Derpi conflict to begin with - there shouldn’t be an issue here.

Now it’s just a matter of encouraging growth and activity. I liked Derpibooru for the ponies and friendly people, and I think that if we can embody those elements here, we could have a lively and fun community on our hands.
SupaSqueegee

This whole thing makes me so happy. And I’m glad that someone linked me to this site. Thank you, to the creators, administration, and all staff in general, for bringing this site together. I can’t wait to see it grow and improve.
Anonymous #ABE3
I want an escape from the tyranny of e621, both their mods and the codified transphobia in the tagging system.

Didn’t E621 get into a load of drama a few months back specifically because they removed the transphobic notions from the tags? It was like their own mini-derpi moment. They took a stand against popular opinion to try and do good.

I wouldn’t have said anything, but the date on your post leaves me super confused. You should have seen the changes by now. But the drama there is relevent here, in that it is another example of how important it is to set the tone of a site as early as possible, to avoid the backlash that comes from going neutral to good. To avoid a Derpi moment.
Daf

@Anonymous #ABE3  
I never kept up with the drama there. But I did notice the use of more neutral language in tagging character genders. I’m so glad to see them defined and aliased here though with neutral language. Tag definition fights were kinda what drove me off db in the first place.
aponty
Artist -

Give me soy
@Anonymous #ABE3  
my only involvement with e621 is looking to see what art of mine people have chosen to upload there, and getting high off how many upvotes it gets, lmao

I remember them removing some offensive terminology a few years ago? And that was big: it was influencing the vernacular of furries in a major way! but the way in which they implemented tag-what-you-see was still suuuuuper transphobic even with neutral terminology, in a way that massively hurt the owners of even cis characters like Reggie.

Though if they are making progress, I am glad.
ChildoftheNight

DeadlyVodka
Hello to everyone! I just joined this place, want a fresh start after derpibooru; I left on there

Anyway best luck to staff and other members.Hope this site will be rise more
Firelight

(。◕‿‿◕。)
I genuinely hope this site succeeds and that people won’t come on here and try to cause a ruckus because of rule #5, which is a good rule.
Interested in advertising on Furbooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Furbooru is not cheap to operate - help support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: End of Thread.