General Tag Discussion

CruFox
The 1% - Hit 1% of Uploads Milestone for a year
Even Worse Kobold -
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Tag Master - Exceptionally Good and Proficient Tagger
Derpy Fur - Prevented Furbooru's terrible fate in April of 2021.
Dedicated Lifter  - Uploaded over 5k art pieces
Seedling - Gave the site life with many uploads during its first months
Heavy Lifter -
Astra - Helped choose the name for our mascot - Astra.
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.

I like tags
@Anonymous #C287  
Plantigrade anthro describes situations where the weight is placed on the entire foot and not only the part near the digits regardless of foot shape, so plantigrade anthro for that part where soles are visible.  
full

On the other hand the character on that part where she is holding the shield looks like she is resting her weight only on the part of her foot near the digits…

When feet are presented only in such ambiguous way tagging it as just anthro without neither plantigrade anthro nor digitigrade anthro would be the best option.
Anonymous #C287
Do the rules for “Solo X” tags on Derpibooru apply here? In other words, only use those tags on Suggestive or higher? Or do we tag it on any picture with a single character in it regardless of ratings?
Extraterrestrial Fluff
Even Worse Kobold -
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Heavy Lifter - Uploaded over 1k art pieces
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.
Since the Beginning - Registered before the site was public

Senior Assistant
Genetic experiment
Tag description suggestions for photographed artwork:

Short description: Photographs of drawings, paintings, or artisan creations (sculptures, figures, plushies, et cetera). i.e. The artwork is not scanned or digitally produced.

Long description: Images that are photographs of traditionally created artwork, including traditional drawings, traditional paintings, sculptures, figures and figurines, statues, plushies, et cetera. Note that proper scans are always preferred over photographs of traditional media whenever possible. Likewise, 3D models made in digital sculpting and modeling programs such as Blender, Maya or ZBrush should use screenshots of the rendered models. If the artwork (2D or 3D) was digitally produced, then the image files should always be properly saved via the editing program used. They should neither be photographed off the monitor nor printed and then scanned or photographed.

EDIT: Er… I see there’s also photo and irl, but I’m also seeing photo being used for drawings of photos. e.g. >>6113
CruFox
Even Worse Kobold -
Heavy Lifter -

I like tags
@Extraterrestrial Fluff  
I added the short description, the long one seems too specific and sounds like it is stating some policies that do not actually exist. I made it imply both “irl” and “photo”. The “photo” tag can be used for both irl and drawn photographs (the latter can then be searched by “photo, -irl”).
Gyro
Even Worse Kobold -
Founder Artist - Had at least 75 images under their tag before the site has hit its 50,000 uploads milestone.
Heavy Lifter -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote a fanfiction consisting of at least around 2.2k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

Piaow Birb!
open beak -Alias> Open Mouth  
licking beak -Alias> licking lips  
bound beak -Alias> bound muzzle
Gyro
Even Worse Kobold -
Founder Artist - Had at least 75 images under their tag before the site has hit its 50,000 uploads milestone.
Heavy Lifter -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote a fanfiction consisting of at least around 2.2k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

Piaow Birb!
nano - One character being exceptionally smaller then normal, often outside the range of normal interaction with a ‘regular’ sized creature.
TexasUberAlles
Artist -

I very much disagree with the tag description for questionable allowing inarguably sexual images which don’t involve two characters. One character in an overtly sexual situation with exposed naughty parts should definitely be tagged as explicit.
Luna
Even Worse Kobold -
Platinum Piece - Platinum Supporter on Patreon
Always Codes Drunk - Apparently cats have non-existent alcohol tolerance
Artist -

Administrator
Devops
@TexasUberAlles  
Exposed private bits aren’t always explicit. Current tag definitions make the distribution of rating tags a lot more even. There was a lot of blood, sweat, effort, arguments and strong words put into actually deciding the best policy regarding that.
Gyro
Even Worse Kobold -
Heavy Lifter -

Piaow Birb!
@Luna  
Does even distribution actually matter though? If anything this would seem to make it harder to find what you’re looking for, since you might have to include questionabke in your search too…
Luna
Even Worse Kobold -
Platinum Piece - Platinum Supporter on Patreon
Always Codes Drunk - Apparently cats have non-existent alcohol tolerance
Artist -

Administrator
Devops
@Gyro  
To find all NSFW: !safe  
To find all SFW: safe  
To find all NSFW, excluding dark and grotesque: !safe, !grimdark  
etc

On Derpi on the other hand:  
To find all NSFW: questionable || explicit  
To find all SFW: safe || suggestive  
etc
corposim
Even Worse Kobold -

There is a lot of ambiguity under the parasol and umbrella tags.  
I’m thinking umbrella for a rain umbrella, parasol for a decorative umbrella, beach umbrella or sun umbrella, cocktail umbrella, and chinese parasol  
OR  
Alias parasol to umbrella and use that as an umbrella tag, parented to the various types of umbrellas.
corposim
Even Worse Kobold -

@corposim
“parasol” literally means “protect/shield from sun” (from Italian ) :P

it do! And umbrella derives from umbra, or shadow.  
Nowadays they are used mostly interchangeably, although I think “parasol” still holds an air of posh, compared to “umbrella” which is why I suggest it be used for decorative umbrellas. A tag description would be used to explain and differentiate.  
Otherwise yeah the two could be aliased.
TexasUberAlles
Artist -

@corposim  
I think the posh term is “brolly”. full

“Umbrella” is definitely in common usage as a catchall for a device to block [whatever] from pounding on your head, but I’ve always seen “parasol” being used specifically to refer to something intended as a sunshade.
Wingbeat
Even Worse Kobold -
Artist -

Fun is mandatory
I think I would prefer to see parasol used primarily for handheld shade-giving accessories, and beach umbrella and the like for sun shades designed to be stationary.
taaffeite
Artist -

i don’t know if this would count as a small thing like the original post mentions, but can we please merge both of the main MLP:FiM tags into one “my little pony” tag? not everyone tags with one or the other and i feel it would be easier on both custom filters and people trying to search for pony things if MLP content just had one main tag to go under. (sorry if this isn’t the right place for this kind of post lol)
dream
Heavy Lifter -
Tag Lover - Good and Proficient Tagger
Artist -

TAKING A BREAK
i don’t know if this would count as a small thing like the original post mentions, but can we please merge both of the main MLP:FiM tags into one “my little pony” tag? not everyone tags with one or the other and i feel it would be easier on both custom filters and people trying to search for pony things if MLP content just had one main tag to go under. (sorry if this isn’t the right place for this kind of post lol)

There are MLP characters that are not from FiM. Really, FiM characters should just imply FiM as well as MLP, imo. :P
Interested in advertising on Furbooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Furbooru is not cheap to operate - help support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: Retired