Suggestions and bullshitting thread, venting, etc. [NSFW]

background furry #19375
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Derpy Fur - Prevented Furbooru's terrible fate in April of 2021.
Astra - Helped choose the name for our mascot - Astra.
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.

😤😤😤

Thought #1;

I’ve found that drawing makes me think alot about the details of what I’m putting my stylus to. For instance, while trying to sketch this based on this video, at first I thought it was quirky for a space superweapon, what with the “artillery platform”-like design of it.  
(In general with space operas, I’m a bit fonder for space-warcraft that don’t relegate themselves to WWI-II era ‘‘Jutland Jargon’’ classes. “frigate”, “destroyer”, “cruiser”, “battleship”, booooooooooooooooooring. P:<)

The aperture-door thing’s black parts also remind me of the visor-grill of a knight’s helmet, innaways.

I especially like the hangars used to store and unholster massive guns usable by all the metal tentacle-things, of which remind me of the electroactive polymer muscles alluded to for the joint-actuators of the Martian war machines in War of the Worlds.

That being said, I dislike how the missile-launching ports are only partially covered by, what looks leik, I dunno… storm-shutters? %>->%

The “storm-shutters” also clip thru the open apertures during the latter half of the boss battle, which also peeves me.

All in all, I think in-context it must’ve been, leik, sum proof-of-concept ancestor before this was made. Out-of-context, no idear wut was goin’ thru their heads, but it looks cewl, unique, n’ creepy. I likes the existential threat vibe the whole game has, whereas preddy much every other game in the series for me is a bit too saccharine for a setting about interplanetary wars.

Thought #2;

@NyantaStarhunt  
your hud flares up. Kitty missiles incoming
BAMF! kitty meowz after ramming into you

full  
full  
full

The notion of a manned “torch missile” bearing down on larger target vessels, while armed with smoller missiles (mabbeh as scout-drones, as well as for intercepting incoming projectiles & weapon busses, as well as disabling the target vessel’s point defenses) makes muh head spin with ideas. It’d certainly be the bane of single vessels, like cruisers on “gunboat diplomacy” patrols n’shiz.

Thought #3;

After casually browsing across the web on descriptions of religious deities, I’m starting to get where Evangelion and H.P. Lovecraft are coming from. Especially considering shyt, leik;

full

hmmmmmmmmmbug-demons  
full  
full

or;  
Ezekiel 1:15-21
As I looked at the living creatures, I saw a wheel on the ground beside each creature with its four faces. This was the appearance and structure of the wheels: They sparkled like topaz, and all four looked alike. Each appeared to be made like a wheel intersecting a wheel. As they moved, they would go in any one of the four directions the creatures faced; the wheels did not change direction as the creatures went. Their rims were high and awesome, and all four rims were full of eyes all around.
When the living creatures moved, the wheels beside them moved; and when the living creatures rose from the ground, the wheels also rose. Wherever the spirit would go, they would go, and the wheels would rise along with them, because the spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels. When the creatures moved, they also moved; when the creatures stood still, they also stood still; and when the creatures rose from the ground, the wheels rose along with them, because the spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels.

full  
(Ophanim delivering the Nailed God)

also, just to throw in some shtuff I found in TVtropes;  
Lots of people view Aztec Mythology as being the worship of a bunch of Eldritch Abominations due to copious (though likely exaggerated) Human Sacrifice. But the purpose of all that sacrifice was to keep the Aztec gods (especially the sun/war deity Huitzilopochtli) strong enough to defend our world against the depredations of the horrific Tzitzimime—skeletal, spider-like star demonesses with flint blades for tongues and rattlesnakes for penises.
full

Where’s muh nailgun %>->%

Gonna need somethin’ like that, but bigger, and mabbeh a lance too, since apparently that works with these sorta things.

there’s other shtuff tho, leik,

Seraphim are also described as dragon/serpent like (which led some experts to believe that they are loosely based on the goddess Wadjet from Egyptian Mythology, which is also a fiery snake).

Though demons rarely get physical description in the Bible (being mostly evil spirits capable of disturbing and possessing humans), the Kabbalah offers a lot more variety of physical forms, ranging from angry, ravenous crows that spread like fire, to enormous, black giants covered with serpents, to disembodied, veiled heads with glimpses of horrifying eyes.

The first children of Gaea and Ouranous were the Hecatoncheires (meaning The Hundred Handed Ones), who had one hundred arms, one hundred hands, and fifty heads with no further details of their appearance given. Compare that to Ravana◊, who had only ten heads and twenty arms, though even that is enough to put him on the border of this trope. Now try and imagine what the Hecatoncheires looked like. You can’t quite do it, can you? Nope, the only name the Greeks could even come up with for these things was basically to call them “those things with one hundred hands”.
full
It is well worth noting that the Hecatoncheires were on the Greek gods’ side against the Titans, throwing a hundred mountains in a single salvo apiece - much like having a living artillery piece as an ally.

There’s a buncha other shtuff too in that TVtropes page, interesting read. Speakin’ tho of weapons n’ deities,

Thought #4;

I thinks I imagined together a “god” missile. >->
background furry #19375
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.

@Cerebrate  
It’s an eldritch ‘stork’, ovipositor prepared to implant our lord and savior. :P

notably, on intro the first thing it says is “Don’t be afraid”, which between the Bible and Quran seems to happen alot with angels introducing themselves to panicking humans.

also,  
The cherubim (Yes, those cuties we all know today) have four faces - a lion on the right, an ox on the left, a human forward, and an eagle backward. They have four wings, with HANDS under the wings, their legs described as simply “straight”, and they have hooves.

reminds me of, leik,  
full

@Praedyth  
hmmmm… <-<

pp-wave of death bomb.
Cerebrate

Loves a Demon
(my mistake it’s ophanim, and all angels were eldritch abominations, except maybe the seraphim. those had three pairs of wings, two of which constantly covering their faces and feet, possibly because eldritch.)
background furry #19375

hmmmmmmmmrrrrrrrrrrrrggghhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrgh-  
full

[ link ]  
Resurgence: thousands of years after the fall, spacefaring civilization is a thing now.

alrite, I’ll bite. After a bit of introspection, I think if there’s one thing I’d get into personally, it’s that I wanna roleplay a starfleet captain, whose big aspiration is seeking (never easily, tho eventually & almost assuredly attaining) gigatons of firepower and soldiers always ready at his beck and call.

mabbeh some kinda freelancing armed merchant fleet at first, moving toward privateering after enough run-ins with pirates, then mabbeh get commissioned into the navy of a space-empire after gaining their trust thru hunting down their traitors & enemies, in exchange for better shit to use, mabbeh even up to “ultratech”, or daresay sufficiently-advanced “clarketech”, who knows.

I’d wanna corrupt cultures of backasswards polities and tinpot kingdoms burgeoning out in galactic hinterworlds that I find loathsome, smuggling forbidden luxuries banned by their societies in exchange for slaves and money, getting rich in both wealth and, more importantly, manpower to indoctrinate into tireless crew, diehard pilots, and unyielding space marines ‘‘purifiers’’.  
(& then when the sown seeds of chaos from discontent have fully matured for the harvest after so much smuggling, I take those destabilized kingdoms into my rule, forming a fledgling empire of my own from these “Periphery” stars.)

I like to go wherever the galaxy harbors and provides autonomy to pirates and warlords (fuck pristine noblebright settings, by the way), find a band of disgruntled ‘‘criminals among criminals’’, then provide their “double-black market” with war materiel, and train them for an eventual hostile takeover and purging of the Mr/Ms Bigs in charge of that/those haven(s).

I’d want to build up armies and fleets till they rival the biggest polity in civilized space, disarm that polity, then leave them to the neighboring wolves as just desert for past transgressions… Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus. %ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)%

full

I’d even excavate and hook sapient eldritch weapons (among other ship devices) unto my flagship, interface with it through cybernetic gunnery implants, then listen as the voice within it calls my foes ‘‘ephemeral dust cast unto the interstellar wind’’, or muses all the grisly little details of death from exposure to vacuum. ◣__◢

[ 🎶 ]  
’‘The crew shot out like their mamas were ringin’ the dinnerbell… You ever see a man die in space? You can tell the ones that held their breath. Their lungs rupture from all that gas expanding, blood from their mouth like a torn pillow stuffed with red BBs.’’

’‘Stab-Girl, she was a little thing, carried switchblades. She knew to exhale. Watched her for a full minute. Puffed up like she had a peanut allergy, floatin’ by me with her mouth open screaming, makin’ no sound, spit on her tongue boiling…’’

I’d also be fine if instead of a starfleet, it’d be, leik, how in Afterworld there was mention of land-battleships. %>->%  
instead of spacecraft, mabbeh some kinda small “landcrawler” flotilla, sorta like in Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak.
Jinx
Even Worse Kobold -

Loves a German
Ok pizzaboy, all three threads are up. My husband will be our main GM, ill serve as a secondary, and if youd like, or cor, you two can assist after a while.
background furry #19375

“You are a little bit scared of your own power. You are a little bit scared of the things you’ve already done with it.”  
- Peter Watts, Blindsight

Name: Indra  
Appearance: A 5’7’’, blue and white, lightly-furred, athletic, if somewhat limber shark. Something that once was great for sustaining high G’s within the fluid-immersed cockpit of a space fighter. Typically wears a liquid armor IVA (intravehicular activity) suit on most of the time, with the vacuum tension device loosened but still hugging against the sides of his chest.

Notes: Indra likes power: to roar through an atmosphere at Mach 10, to helm a war vessel equipped with gigatons of destructive capacity, to be able to order a fleet around–those are his secret delights. He is not interested in acquiring power per se, but he loves understanding, organizing, and having it at his beck and call.

He made a name for himself in his earliest years from an orbital skirmish, when he used a radical aerobraking manoeuvre to change orbit unexpectedly and save an outbound passenger vessel from terrorist attackers. Years later he showed similar daring when he led the attack on an orbital factory churning out hordes of infested synths ‘‘organically’’ sprouting diamond tentacles, using a fortuitous magnetospheric storm to hide the approach of a number of warheads.

Deep down though, he is a conflicted man: he loathes Shinra Corporation for what it is, yet he can’t stand the chaos of the rest of the galaxy. He doesn’t want to serve the corporation, yet this is the only job he thinks he can do. He is afraid of getting close to people since they are so easily lost, yet he desperately wants to find someone. His usual response is even stricter orders, working out to near collapse in the Cyhyraeth’s exercise ring on high gravity settings, and volunteering for long-range missions that save him from making personal life choices.

His deepest, never admitted wish is to see his family members become proper people who could console, judge, or appreciate him for his achievements. However, they’ve all long since scattered far and wide across the spacelanes so it will not happen.

Body Mods:  
Holistic:
Basic Biomods
Consists of a universalized list of genetic tweaks, tailored viruses, and beneficial microbiota. Near-ubiquitous in modern society, and mandatory for legal interstellar travel, those deliberately opting out of this augmentation risk being classified as biohazards to themselves, others, and even entire ecosystems (A space habitat’s closed ecological loop could get thrown into imbalanced ‘sepsis’, for example), whereupon they’ll be blacklisted from interplanetary travel and immigration to preserve public health.
 A person with basic biomods **can recover twice as fast from injury** (compared to an otherwise similar 21st century being), [**gradually regrows lost body parts**](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regeneration_(biology)), suffers no genetic, metabolic, or neurologic disorders, and is largely resistant to aging (cartilage still stretches with time, but this can be rectified with surgery). In addition, those with this modification **require no more than 3-4 hours of sleep per night**, are immune to ill-effects of long-term exposure to low or zero gravity, and don't naturally suffer issues such as obesity, [chronic muscle compartment syndrome](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compartment_syndrome), mal-effluvia (halitosis, flatulence, & body-odor, though [major histocompatibility complex composition](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_histocompatibility_complex_and_sexual_selection) remains undisturbed), high-altitude pulmonary or cerebral edema, bodily shock reactions after grievous injury, or anaphylaxis. 
Medichines
These bionanobots monitor and moderate the user’s body at a cellular level and help fix any problems that arise, oftentimes assisting in curbing all known diseases, but can also eliminate drugs, and toxins (but not nanodrugs, nanotoxins, or weaponized bionanobots) before they can do more than minor harm to the host. If desired, this latter protection can be temporarily overridden to permit inebriation or other effects, but unless a second specially labeled override is activated, medichines prevent the toxins from accumulating to lethal or permanently harmful levels. In this case, they can also be activated at a later point to reduce a drug or toxin’s remaining duration.
 They also assist normal healing, but if the body is pressed past a certain threshold of lucidity, the medichines place the user into a medical stasis, where their mind and body are perfectly preserved, but unable to act in any way mentally or physically. Under these circumstances the medichines will by default send priority calls for emergency services via mesh inserts. Lastly, medichines monitor internal system functions of implants, and with intake of mineral supplements, can repair them. 
Nanophages
Essentially military-grade immunization, these bionanobots patrol Indra’s body, alert for signs of intrusive nanodrugs or -toxins, and destroy them before they have more than a minor effect. Nanophages provide automatic immunity unless they are specifically commanded to stand down by the user via mesh implants.
Respirocytes
With his blood’s oxygen-carrying capacity also boosted by respirocytes, Indra can live comfortably in both high and low pressure environments, from 0.2 atmospheres to 5, with no dizziness or need for acclimation. In addition, he can hold his breath for up 30 minutes when performing minimal activity, or up to 10 minutes while performing highly strenuous activity.
Cranium:
Mesh Implants & Access Jack
Equipped with mesh inserts—implanted personal computers. These are grown in the brain via non-intrusive nanosurgery. The processor, transceiver, storage devices, and other components are wired to the the cerebral neuronal cells and cortical centers responsible for language, speech, and visual perception, among others. Thought-to-communication emulations (so-called “transducing”) enable Indra to control the implants just by thinking and to communicate without vocalizing. Input from the mesh inserts is transmitted directly into the brain and can be perceived as augmented reality, overlaid on the his physical senses.
 Located at the base of his skull is also an **external socket for direct neural interface,** allowing him to establish a direct wired connection using a fiberoptic cable to external devices or other people, which can be useful in places where wireless links are unreliable, or when complete privacy is required. Linked in this manner, he can “speak” mind-to-mind and transfer information. 

Hacking his brain is extremely difficult, to near-impossible without a physical connection. At the first sign of intrusion through his security network, should defensive e-shield techniques fail his mesh inserts will typically shift to insular mode and isolate himself off from the surrounding [mesh network.](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wireless_mesh_network) 
Ghostrider Module
This implant allows Indra to carry a second person inside his head. This tagalong could be a copy of himself, or a whole other person. The module is linked to his mesh inserts, so the ghost-rider can access the mesh. As master of his own body, he may limit the ghostrider’s access, or may allow them direct access to their sensory information, communications, thoughts, and other implants.
Cortical Backup
A tiny cyberware data storage unit protected within a synthdiamond case the size of an almond, implanted at the base of the skull where the brain stem and spinal cord connect. It contains a digital backup of Indra’s personality and memories. Part nanoware, the implant maintains a network of sensors that monitor synaptic connections and brain architecture, noting any changes and updating the digital backup in real time, right up to the moment of death. If he were to die, the cortical stack can be recovered and he may be restored from it. It’s extremely durable, requiring special effort to damage or destroy, and is intentionally isolated from mesh inserts and other implants, as a security measure to prevent hacking or external tampering. Access requires surgically removing it.
Skillware
Indra’s brain is laced with a network of artificial neurons that may be formatted with downloaded information. This allows skillsofts (a.k.a. “lenses”, as in “seeing the world through another lens”) into his brain, gaining the use of those programmed skills until the skillsoft is erased or replaced.
Torso & Arms:
Gills (natural trait)
As a shark, his lung tissue is naturally adapted to function as gills, allowing him to breath both air and oxygenated fluid, as long as the fluid is non-toxic or not too stagnant. To do so, he inhales through intakes on his neck, then expels spent water through slits just underneath the lowest pair of ribs that otherwise remain sealed. As space fighter cockpits tend to be immersed in dispersion fluid to help the occupants sustain high-acceleration stresses, this is a popular bodymod for career pilots.
Wrist-Mounted Tools
Along the side of each arm, discolored bands of skin facing toward himself from elbow to wrist, are “dry”-cybernetic micro-utilitool implants. Extended up to a meter, they take the form of narrow, highly flexible arms that each end in a specialized tool. In particular on each arm is a device capable of fractalizing into micrometer-sized digits capable of ultrafine manipulation, as well as additively assembling devices. Great for repairing or modifying mechanical or electronic equipment, opening locks or disarming alarm systems, or performing first aid.
Lower Body:
Prehensile Feet & Tail
A common trait among spacers, Indra’s footpaws and digitigrade leg joints are altered so that the toes are longer and as dexterous as his hands, with the big toes transformed into opposable thumbs. Physically, his feet resemble longer, narrower hands with finger(& thumb)-like toes. Walking is unimpaired, but to run in zero-G would require specially-designed shoes.
 In addition, his hips are also slightly modified to allow greater range of mobility, and his long (1.5 meter) tail is prehensile and capable enough of pushing, wrapping around, holding, and even manipulating objects. Precise movement can be controlled with idle concentration (like consciously breathing), but it otherwise tends to move (& keep him balanced) on its own.

Vessel:  
Name: SCS Cyhyraeth, Space Control Vehicle w/ ‘‘Entropy Trap’’ stealth heatsink
Primary powerplant: Muon-catalyzed helium 3 fusion
Secondary powerplant: Lutetium laser-triggered radioisotope batteries
Tertiary powerplant: Solar panels & superconductive energy storage loop batteries
Primary propulsion: VASIMR (Variable Specific Impulse Magnetoplasma Rocket)
Secondary propulsion: Diatomic metastable Nitrogen Helide (Can be directly used for rapid boosts, dodging, & making missile warheads out of, but otherwise serves as a condensed form of the fuel for the primary powerplant.)
Tertiary propulsion: metal-oxygen boosters (typically harvested off barren moons then slung disposably over the hull)
Drive: Brane Pocket (“pinches” off into higher bulk “above” our universe, then coasts along Lyapanov Valleys in hyperspace between neighboring stars, entering back into realspace in orbit around celestial bodies. As the vessel falls close enough into gravity wells, the brane pocket remerges with realspace.)
Modules:
Lower Portside; Strategic Long Range Missile Launching Platform, Missile Production Facility, & General Stores
Upper Portside; Closed Ecological Life Support System Module, Hydroponics & Carniculture Farm
Lower Starboardside; Cannon-Caliber Lorentz-Force Gun Launcher w/ CNT Fiber-Stiffened Barrel, Ammo Storage, & Coolant/Extendable Radiator Unit
Upper Starboardside; Cold Launch Catapult, Kirklin Mine Storage Bay, & Fighter Construction Hangar
Central; Medium Lander & Orbit Transfer Vehicle (M-LOTV) Docking Bay
Point Defense: Six ultraviolet chirped-pulse amplified laser turrets, anti-ballistic flak missiles launchable from the bow-facing torpedo tubes, and two biphase charged particle beam turrets.
Armor: Bow-mounted electromagnets for parrying particle beams, composite metal foam whipple layers for hypervelocity impacts, & actively cooled ablative plating for laser defense. As a last resort, vital sections of the Cyhyraeth are covered by supercapacitors embedded within the hull that release a massive charge at the area pinpointed by an attack, creating a temporary, huge, electromagnetic force field that repels or destroys incoming physical projectiles. These deflectors have 20 uses before they must be recharged, which takes 2 hours.
Miscellanea: Ship repair and maintenance are carried out by a colony of semi-intelligent utility drones that travel via zero-atmosphere arterial conduits worming throughout the vessel’s hull. The center of the vessel also contains a fusion torch crucible for refining captured asteroids and recycling scrap. Lastly, the stealth heatsink system is built near the engines in the event thermal buildup needs to be vented out with the plasma thruster’s exhaust, though propulsion power is notably reduced while this is being carried out.
(General design of a Space Control Vessel)
full
(Space Control Vessel w/ Eight Lorentz-Force Gun Launchers)
full
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide