Suggestions and bullshitting thread, venting, etc. [NSFW]

EclecticInspiration
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Astra - Helped choose the name for our mascot - Astra.
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.

Skaven
@MagpulDynamicPie  
I’m aware- I know what that rifle is and what it’s munitions do :P  
It’s very impersonal. It is efficient, which again is nice when the time calls for it, but is very impersonal.

I think I’m saying that it’s one thing to mow down an army, but it’s quite another to not only last in a fight against a powerful foe, where physical fitness, finesse, and sharp senses matter, but to also slay said powerful foe, proving you are superior as a person.

I prefer one or the other based on what I’m dealing with :P
background furry #19375
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Derpy Fur - Prevented Furbooru's terrible fate in April of 2021.
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.

@EclecticInspiration  
I’m reminded of how weird combat would become when exploring bunkers in the first Mass Effect.

If the game was put on harsher difficulties, the ability to knock opponents off their feet became a reliable tactic, since you might have to attack, riddle heavily-armored enemies with any effective specialized bullets or debuff-causing abilities, then retreat a few times to recover for another assault. Since the armor was that effective against guns, I wonder how different it’d be if martial arts could be used to incapacitate foes… full

kinda reminds me of how fights between two ppl in fully-enclosed medieval armor would devolve into what’s essentially a bum-fight with specialized shivs. I like the idea of it, since it extinguishes the “regal” aesthetics shining suits of armor has. :P
EclecticInspiration

Skaven
@Coriolanus  
Look up war wrestling(or ringen if that produces better results)  
It’s the best. Can’t batter someone with your fists, so you bonk them out with the ground and the weight of their armor.

It’s pretty much the same, yeh- in a fight, once someone’s on the ground, they’re most likely dead, and even if they aren’t, they’ll have a lot of trouble getting up off the ground in that armor. Problem is finding a way to put them on the ground without opening yourself up to trouble.  
Unless you’re a dwarf. Just charge at their legs- they can’t stop you.  
In games like Skyrim, yeh, paralysis is OP, because then you can bonk them with no struggle.

@MagpulDynamicPie  
That’s more of a problem tbh- it’s uninteresting and boring. Takes the role out of role-playing.
background furry #19375

negative-refractive invisibility cloaks tho. >:P

As for smart munitions of the long-range variety, I thinks it’d do well incorporated into the right place, as in, not directly in the hands of any character. If it can fulfill all the skill requirements of a character roleplayed as a sniper, then give the tech to a semi-remote controlled turret a few miles away instead as backup while the characters themselves close in.

This would end up doing two things; it gives good backup if characters can’t handle a scene, and two, it can evoke the sense of distance and precision the tech/weapon has. Imagine the bullet hitting a target from a down-range character’s point of view, then hearing the sonic crack a few seconds later, along with other bits of writing added to make it interesting.
background furry #19375

@MagpulDynamicPie  
Yep. From down-range OC perspectives, imagine something, like, that brief moment where Vin Diesel suddenly stumbles over unto a piano in Saving Private Ryan, but emulated into any other setting. mabbeh, like, the setting being Mars with its low-gravity and thin-atmosphere, and the shot arcing from one skycraper, aaall the way over to a pinpoint target within another neighboring metropolis.

full

reminds me of a brief comedy skit I saw in those old battlefield cartoons. :P

As for “weaknesses” I can think of, it could be any suitable stuff that comes to mind, like, the spotter-controllers downrange losing communication with the turret due to some sorta jamming, or the turret losing view due to thermal smoke, obfuscating upturned dustclouds, the unmarked turret itself getting discovered by local authorities and then deactivated, etc.
EclecticInspiration

Skaven
@MagpulDynamicPie  
Depending on what it’s operating against, yeh. OP against anti-personnel, but against Godzilla, I’d simply be concerned you might scale this up to explosives, but would otherwise not care. It’s a boollette against Godzilla :I who cares

Power scaling is hard. Especially when you’re not sure what the general power level is.  
Joined Cryptids and Creepies without knowing the power level, so I made two lads I’d be scared to fight IRL, even if they’re just kobolds- but, they’re not incredible. Exceptional, yes, but incredible, no. They’re just an elementalist and an undead swordsman(with heavy emphasis on damage and heavy emphasis on defense, respectively)  
Later found out mech suits, flamethrowers, and grenades are 110% chill, so the power level exceeds my characters.  
This would be a problem were it not for the plot armor we all have so I dun’ rlly care but it fills the example properly

Figuring out power scale is easy to pick up, tho
EclecticInspiration

Skaven
@MagpulDynamicPie  
Yeh mang.  
I’d feel bad for using my glass-cannon elementalist against peasants but you’d but yer flank I’d want more than him against a tarrasque(and not just because of it’s magical resilience ._.)  
Is why I’m really careful using some characters like Ginger, often found with heavy weapons at close and long range. Too good against some foes but perhaps not enough for others. (Really good for feeling badass tho)
background furry #19375

@EclecticInspiration  
I can think of a way to get on even ground with a mech in one or two posts, using a handgun, a high perch to ambush down from, and something with plenty of force behind it, like a sledgehammer, or ideally this;  
full  
following an incapacitating hit from above with breaking the hydraulic muscles (if there’s panels protecting them tho, then a fite like this could draw on into an interesting game of cat & mouse for a few pages). It’s all about strategizing tho, then jotting it down into a legible post. (tho never constantly editing to add more, like I keep doing in this one. xl)

I’d only do something like this tho to get characters on same playing levels. What kinda elementalist stuff does Sticks do? <-<
EclecticInspiration

Skaven
@Coriolanus  
Elementalism serves more as a base for him knowing magic; as far as elements go, he doesn’t specialize. Jack of all(elements), master of none sort of thing, but that’s not to say he doesn’t have his favorites that he’s better in.  
He especially loves lightning magic, though fire tends to be a preferred backup. He works best with the big three(in this case, fire, ice, and lightning) although lesser ones aren’t out of the question. He’s not insane tho :P I don’t have him doing stuff like acid yet, or blood magic(though he’d jump at the opportunity to).

Might slowly transition him to a special sort of spellslinger but not yet. Waaayyyyy further down the line, if they survive. Not sure yet tho
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide