Frontiers and Pioneers (sci-fi, NSFW(violence,possible teases), robots)

Cerebrate
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Astra - Helped choose the name for our mascot - Astra.
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.

Loves a Demon
@Coriolanus  
“my joking suggestion was solar radiation, but the adaptive systems of intelligent synths would have adapted to that by now. theory two, the stonekin, and it was their tech that drove Lumin crazy. theory three, outside sabotage.”
background furry #19375
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Derpy Fur - Prevented Furbooru's terrible fate in April of 2021.
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.

@Cerebrate  
“…Could we be reset back to how we once were, before we landed?”

“How far back does the ship’s mindbank preserve mindstates? Though, there’d be no recalling at all of events since landfall, leaving a large gap in memory; we’d all have to be lectured back to present, as best can be done with simpler playbacks…”

Particularly hesitant at speech with that last part.  
In almost all other cases, this would simply mean making a weekly routine of reverting every synths’ memory-loop back to a previous date, until the problem facing those with synthbrains is resolved: An effective, though somewhat “disparaging” move, but for sake of saving the vulnerable 1/3rd of all colonists.
Unless the shark can find a way far off-world and shield himself however, then in his particular circumstance;
either re-upload back to being a sad hermit, or take a chance to preserve his soul-searching, as well as his interest in Riggs, but risk his memory and self becoming increasingly obfuscated, till ultimately brain-dead, and in the end re-upload back to before landfall anyways.
background furry #19375

@Cerebrate  
“…besides rolling a third of the colony’s minds back to the moment before land-down, if it’s indeed stellar radiation, solar storms, or whatnot, then it’s all the more reason to establish a shipyard, so that a magnetic shield can be propped between the planet and sun; might even slowly terraform the planet into having a warmer climate too, what with buildup of greenhouse effects…”

“One issue to this however; I’d be concerned if there’s suborned defensive killsats made by the 1st Wave drifting coldly in wait further out there in the system, just waiting for us to make a move like that, but on a sidenote though, I know at least the average stock designs of colony and habitat defense weapons can’t pierce atmospheres, let alone harm anything surface-side.”

“In close orbits, it’s usually neutral particle beam cannons that disperse upon hitting an exosphere, while in deep space, they tend to rely on what are essentially clouds of diamond pellets fired into the pathways of ships. Just sayin’…”

“Those second and third theories though almost sound like they’d be connected.”

“If they are, then there’s only one thing I can think of doing really, and it’s not simply giving up and leaving…‘’
Cerebrate

Loves a Demon
@Coriolanus  
Amy: “well, for one, the first wave’s only technology capable of leaving the planet is the hyperspace beacon, no kill sats floating up there, but you’re right, we will focus on a cosmodrome as quickly as we safely can. if it is the other two theories, we have to investigate the matter closely… on that matter i’d like for you to acquaint yourself with the protein assemblers, biosynths and cyberchip AI seem to be able to fight down the problem, and that machine could provide you with a biosynth body as well, theoretically even an organic brain, we never tested that because we saw no need.”
background furry #19375

@Cerebrate  
“…You mean, I can be squishy again? I didn’t concern myself with it only because I figured it was something proprietary, that and, since your partner uses it, and well… she scares me. But I can be organic again, perhaps even something in more… hydroxy-processors, natural mechanosynthesis, even something new thrown in… miss, the possibilities, it’s so delicious…

‘’–I’ll be right back.’’ And just like that, he’s gone, headed straight for the bodyvat.

@Cerebrate @NyantaStarhunt  
(Imma take this as a break to let u guys take things here. >_> <-<)
Cerebrate

Loves a Demon
@Coriolanus  
Amy: “well the biosynth is a recent addition to the market, namely one made only now that we have truly understood the biological body. We deciphered mother nature’s recipe book.”

@Coriolanus  
it had been some time, and lots of placed radio stations, but Midnight informs Nyanta they are nearing the equator, it was pretty alright as far as climate was concerned, they had crossed a sizable steppe stretch and were now at the grandfather of all great forests, the leaf trees green and growing probably knew not what winter meant.

Midnight: “it seems Amy has sent you a little clip as motivation to return sometime, if you wish to view it. >>20860
Cerebrate

Loves a Demon
@NyantaStarhunt  
Midnight: “Actually, i think that would have been adequate for an exploration run, equator is a nice milestone. and provisions should last you the way back easily if we turn around now.”

@Coriolanus  
a few geneticists were currently running checks on the main assembler, looking a bit like a high tech sarcophagus, you could clone a wooly mammoth in there.
Cerebrate

Loves a Demon
@NyantaStarhunt  
Midnight: “that’s odd, i swear there had been activity on it… hmm no it’s gone now all values as usual.”

with the now more active midnight helping balance the suit’s systems you were running much faster, arriving at the large grass plains. and spotting what looks to be a procession of floating rocks moving north.
Cerebrate

Loves a Demon
@NyantaStarhunt  
“a bunch of rocks making a beeline for the colony? kind of hard to miss… must be the stone brains that took out the first wave… i sent a warning to the colony and we can expect to be picked up soonish.”
Cerebrate

Loves a Demon
@NyantaStarhunt  
Midnight: “they call it resonance weaponry, the concept is incredibly old but soundwave manipulation isn’t too hard. of course that’ll have to wait until we can install it in the first place back at home.”
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide