Report site bugs here

Joey
The 1% - Hit 1% of Uploads Milestone for a year
Even Worse Kobold -
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Heavy Lifter - Uploaded over 1k art pieces
Derpy Fur - Prevented Furbooru's terrible fate in April of 2021.
Artist -
Seedling - Gave the site life with many uploads during its first months
Astra - Helped choose the name for our mascot - Astra.
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.
Since the Beginning - Registered before the site was public

System Administrator
@soccy-draws  
There was a bug discovered with one of the staff tools (bulk-reverting tag changes on an image) that caused the site to delete nearly every tag off every image. The site went from having 236675 image_taggings to only 83, meaning that if you went through every image on the site, you’d find a grand total of 83 tags.

I’m currently the site’s backup sysadmin, basically around just to handle technical emergencies when the main tech person is offline. While Furbooru has automatic backups, the most recent one was several hours old, meaning that restoring from backup would’ve caused data loss on a few hundred images. Instead, after working with Philomena’s main developer, we were able to get the tag data from the search engine’s index (which was still intact), recovering tagging data for all but four images. >>8205 was one of the four that didn’t have any tag data, so I manually re-tagged that image (and the other three) from cache records.
Joey
Even Worse Kobold -
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Heavy Lifter - Uploaded over 1k art pieces
Artist -
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.

System Administrator
@soccy-draws  
I’m not sure what the deal with that image is. I believe someone copied all the original tags from Derpibooru, and then a lot of them got removed since they had no other images on the site. There’s other people better suited to answer that than I.
CruFox
Even Worse Kobold -
Tag Master - Exceptionally Good and Proficient Tagger
Dedicated Lifter  - Uploaded over 5k art pieces
Heavy Lifter -

I like tags
@soccy-draws

@Joey

The OC tags were removed for characters that had 0 other images on the site because the OC naming format from Derpibooru is not the same FurB uses. Every characer with a name that is not unique (like “butter”, “John”, “silver”) should preferably have the creator name in brackets in the tag name. So “oc:butter (creatorname)” and not just “oc:butter”. It would be impossible to find names of creators of all those OC so they were just deleted.
CruFox
Even Worse Kobold -
Tag Master - Exceptionally Good and Proficient Tagger
Dedicated Lifter  - Uploaded over 5k art pieces
Heavy Lifter -

I like tags
There are some problems with tag search

1. The text below results says that when searching for “wing” the results should be “winged humanization, wings, and spread wings” but this is not the case:

full

to get those result searching for “wing*” is needed, not “wing”:

full

2. Another problem arises when searching for queries with spaces and wildcards, for example if I searchd for “*l wings*” I would expect to get “small wings”, “artificial wings” and “mechanical wings” but instead there are no results.

full

This can be resolved by adding “name:” before the search query, but I think this should be always the default without the need to put that there.

full

3. When searching descriptions and using wildcards it doesn’t work properly.

full

vs

full

Another example: “one of the three” is a fragment of this tag’s description:

full

but it can’t be found:

full

and this is very strange behaviour with the same description, let’s try searching for the word “Caninae” (marked blue above):

full

it works, fine. But then the other word in italics from the same tag description, “Canidae” (marked green above):

full

It doesn’t work…
corposim
Even Worse Kobold -

Typos in rules:

Rule 2  
If an image is not properly or adequately tagged, please correct it yourself if possible, or report the image if your are not able to correct the tags.

-> you are

Rule 3  
An image is not necessary related to the furry fandom just because a reference to the fandom is in it. For example, pasting a furry character into an otherwise unrelated image does not make it furry-related.

-> necessarily

Rule 4  
If you see images that contain themes you do not like, or that you are unable to view in your jurridiction, you should add the appropriate tags to your filter. Do not post comments complaining about the theme of the image.

-> jurisdiction
Fletch
Even Worse Kobold -
Tag Lover - Good and Proficient Tagger
Magical Inkwell - Wrote a fanfiction consisting of at least around 2.2k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Silver Piece - Silver Supporter on Patreon

Administrator
Public Relations
Luna's Pet Woof
@corposim  
Aaw!

How embarrassing X) thank you kindly for bringing it to our attention, all typos have been fixed ^^

Cheers!
Anonymous #8957
I can’t login. I get and error on my user name saying “Please match the requested format.” full
Luna
Even Worse Kobold -
Platinum Piece - Platinum Supporter on Patreon
Always Codes Drunk - Apparently cats have non-existent alcohol tolerance
Artist -

Administrator
Devops
@Jinx  
Yes that’s what happens when we deploy code, 1-5 second downtimes. It’s a necessity (as of right now) and no cause for concern. Next time if you’re going to report a 404 make sure it’s occurring consistently either on the same page, or lasts for longer than 1-2 minutes.

@Jinx  
What are you trying to search for?
Jinx
Even Worse Kobold -

Loves a German
@Luna  
Ah. I see. I didnt know if the 404 stuff was just the site having a hard time or just regular stuff.

@Luna  
Artist tag and specific tags. For example if i wanted to search

Artist:Ralek, Anthro

It will come up with no images and tell me ive got junk attatched to the end of Artist:Ralek.

I dont know why, but it does it when i try to search more than one tag. Especially when trying to search characters from shows like loona from helluva boss.
Interested in advertising on Furbooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Furbooru is not cheap to operate - help support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide