Is it possible to appeal a rejected merge request?

Garka la Garka
Tag Lover - Good and Proficient Tagger

Assistant
Garky la Tsuchinoko
@Bubbelvatten
Sometimes happens. When the image have the same resolution, the same format, and everything else is the same, I forgot the compression. Maybe will be useful in future have a value to compare the two compressions automatically, and help me in that. If you want, upload it again, and I merge it correctly, was my fault.
Normally, the others images you upload I merge them correctly, this was an exception for that reasons. Will take extra care for the next ones
Bubbelvatten

Feral aficionado
@Garka la Garka
Sorry, this is my fault! I should have written an explanation, but forgot to do it. Sadly, I could not upload it again, because I got the following error message:
“Image has already been uploaded: it’s image 312098”
Is there some other way to fix this?
GlitchedWolf
Even Worse Kobold -
Derpy Fur - Prevented Furbooru's terrible fate in April of 2021.

Stop! I’m the FB-Vee
I’ve restored your upload and merged the correct direction, thank you for finding better quality images!
@Garka la Garka
You could see in this case one had a bigger file size which is a good hint towards compression, to be sure you can then zoom in on both and compare to see which has less jpeg artifacts.
Bubbelvatten

Feral aficionado
@Garka la Garka
I just got notified that the images have been merged the right way around now. Thank you! I promise to take greater care in the future to write explanations for less obvious merge requests such as this one.
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide