Monster Girl vs Furry

JesterKatz
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Astra - Helped choose the name for our mascot - Astra.
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.
Artist -

A broken fool
Monster girls, as best as I can figure out the definition, are typical JRPG monsters made anthropomorphic with traits typical of (sexy) human females. Mythological creatures notwithstanding.

Furries are pretty similar in this regard, being animals made with anthropomorphic traits. So I guess monster girls could count as furries in this context. Granted monster girls can seem more human compared to furries, but still, since they’re based on creatures quite different from humans, I still regard them as being completely non-human, no matter how human they can look. After all, any (physical) monster or animalistic feature possessed, no matter how minor, considerably makes the character non-human by default. Such semantics are getting into the Ship of Theseus kind of argument though, which is more complicating then I’m willing to touch on…

Then again, “furry” can be very vague, even working in reverse (humans made to look animalistic). To that end, since “furry” can be such a broad term, monster girls might as well be “furries,” if only because it can be harder to argue against such an ambiguous definition then for it. Still, maybe the simplest answer is to just regard “monster girls” as an “unintentional” sub-category of furries. Not unlike the ponies of My Little Pony.
Nicelucario
Even Worse Kobold -
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Derpy Fur - Failed to prevent the inevitable in April of 2021.
Seedling - Gave the site life with many uploads during its first months
Bronze Piece - Bronze Supporter on Patreon
Astra - Helped choose the name for our mascot - Astra.
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.
Since the Beginning - Registered before the site was public

Give me your knees
@JesterKatz  
Monster Musume (a very popular monster girl manga/anime) has characters like Polt, who are pratically furries (I’ll post an image of her at the end). There’s also some drama on the Monster Musume thread on Derpibooru about what is a monster girl and what is furry, and according to at least one person, nagas and Shepherd0821’s art are furry rather than monster, so it’s a person-by-person thing.  
full
Interested in advertising on Furbooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Furbooru is not cheap to operate - help support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide