I’m not sure if this is the appropriate forum for posting this, but what are art pack tags?

Satu Putra
Artist -

I am wolf therian 🐺
This is the example of an art pack tag: art pack:milf festival
What do they mean?
Do they have the exact meaning? Not really, because most images with an art pack tag aren’t free to use. Are they like a series but is meant to be a theme tag?
Ciaran
Even Worse Kobold -
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Derpy Fur - Prevented Furbooru's terrible fate in April of 2021.
Astra - Helped choose the name for our mascot - Astra.
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.
Gold Piece - Gold Supporter on Patreon
Artist -
Since the Beginning - Registered before the site was public

Draw or die
Art packs are collections of images. Sometimes they are sold, sometimes they are free.
But, you shouldn’t consider something ‘Free To Use’ unless the artist themselves say that they are.
And in the case of that art pack, my assumption is that artist:viejillox owns the copyright on them, and I don’t see anything indicating that they are ‘Free To Use’. So please don’t try to trace or recolor one of them without first asking artist:viejillox for permission.
Satu Putra
Artist -

I am wolf therian 🐺
So please don’t try to trace or recolor one of them without first asking artist:viejillox for permission.
But my mom and dad allows me to do something like this
Ciaran
Even Worse Kobold -
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.
Artist -

Draw or die
@satuputra796
… wow that is not a response I expected.
If you violate Rule #1 tracing someone else’s art we aren’t going to discuss it with your parents - please read, and follow, our rules. Your parents saying it’s ok to trace things doesn’t make it ok to upload here.
Ciaran
Even Worse Kobold -
Artist -

Draw or die
If you trace someone else’s work:
  1. make sure the person whose work you traced is ok with it. Do not upload it here if they are not. You can check their tag for any DNPs, or their other online galleries to see if they have any publicly facing statements about people using their art this way.
  2. credit the origin artist on the upload by adding their artist tag, and tag the upload as an ‘edit’.

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: Question answered