My Little Pony (Gen 5 and all the other ones)

other Pony
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Astra - Helped choose the name for our mascot - Astra.
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.
Since the Beginning - Registered before the site was public

Eeveelutions Please
So what are your predictions/thoughts once it comes out about Gen 5 and have anything to say about the pervious generations?
other Pony
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.

Eeveelutions Please
Also since this is new Booru with a much bigger audience in mind from Derpibooru , are you new to the show? If so, welcome. If not, welcome back.
Pinto Bean

The Magical Fruit
@other Pony

Not bad. I hold close all the most wonderful and amazing things about MLP and nobody can take that away from me. I’ve seen fanart that is so inspiring that it’s hard to believe that G5 could be anything but a success.

Pony Life is pure slapstick. Certainly not what I was expecting but I can appreciate it in a way because slapstick is almost like a lost art.

In the long term I need pony that satisfies on an emotional level. I need more of that broad spectrum that FiM delivered. Whether the people who watch it are 6 or 96 there is no reason that future MLP content can’t be supremely sophisticated when it comes to emotional awareness.
SigmasonicX

About Pony Life, I’ll say the first two episodes (15 minutes) were kind of eh, but the episodes following were much better, once they got a handle on the pacing and tone. I find it to be a lot of fun now. A big worry I had before was that the characters would be jerk to each other like in Teen Titans Go, but they’re still very friendly. Heck, I’d say Rainbow has been less of a jerk here than in FiM proper.
Ciaran
Even Worse Kobold -
Derpy Fur - Prevented Furbooru's terrible fate in April of 2021.
Gold Piece - Gold Supporter on Patreon
Artist -

Draw or die
For me, the biggest difference between G4 and G5 is going to be infrastructure and expectations.

With G4, Hasbro saw a chance to maybe reboot a dead series that had been driven into the ground, so giving Lauren Faust the show seemed safe both from a “She can’t fuck it up worse than it already is” and a “We’re not going to really give her enough money or even any office space for this, so what’s the harm?”

With G5, there are Directors Of Global Marketing specifically for this show, with staffs of hundreds of people who need to make their next car payment, and ‘These are not forward looking statements’ in the investors’ brochures and filings explaining how this show is going to continue to be a global earnings juggernaut.

So where G4 was one woman’s attempt to recreate her love of a show from her childhood and a chance to take all of her personal stories about the ponies and bring them to the screen with nowhere near enough money, people, or time, G5 is almost certainly going to be the result of years worth of committee meetings and financial projections that embraces Hasbro’s core messages of inclusion and diversity.

So … “G5 will be Different”, I think is what I’m trying to say here.
Philosofur
Even Worse Kobold -

For me, the biggest difference between G4 and G5 is going to be infrastructure and expectations.
It strikes me as worth pointing out (despite the relative obviousness in doing so) that the “infrastructure and expectation” difference you excellently illustrated will also exist on the fan side as well. Lauren’s (fairly) well known pre-launch defense of the show aside, the audience waiting to receive G4 was substantially different from the one that will exist when G5 finally emerges, and the mechanisms of the “Brony” fandom that didn’t exist in any form when Friendship is Magic first started capturing people’s attention will have already spent a considerable amount of time dissecting everything about the next generation (songs, story, characters, art, voices, message, etc.) that could be gleaned from the first official announcements onward.

One thing’s for sure, it will definitely be interesting to see what the changes on both sides bring about as we get closer to finding out what they have in store.
Ciaran
Even Worse Kobold -
Gold Piece - Gold Supporter on Patreon
Artist -

Draw or die
@Philosofur  
Yeah, I think you are very right.

There’s also going to be some families sitting down to watch the first episode where the parents have a lot of expectations because they watched G4, and then their kids are going to be watching G5 with them …

I almost want to set up a family doing that for the first time in a room with cameras and scientists in lab coats watching … that sounds like a great opportunity for SCIENCE!
Philosofur
Even Worse Kobold -

I almost want to set up a family doing that for the first time in a room with cameras and scientists in lab coats watching … that sounds like a great opportunity for SCIENCE!
You know, it’s entirely likely we’ll end up with something like that anyway. Reaction videos are still a thing, after all. Probably not quite as scientific, but they can at least convey the basic emotional responses.

Well, possibly anyway.
TarkanDragon
Artist -

To be honest… G1 is the greatest time that we rarely remember.  
But G4 had some issues regarding how the writers did on the characters… Which is a little bit messed up in a way…  
Also Pony life is just G4 but more weird… And yeah… I highly doubt that Pony life wasn’t gonna last long.

And I was hoping for a G1 remake because that time when G1 started was awesome.

(P.S. About the movies the G1 movie is a whole lot better than the G4 one…)
Nightweaver20xx
Artist -

Ah sh*t here we go again
By the way I just want to get it out there that I respect all generations of fans of MLP and I think gatekeeping the fandom to try to keep it to only FiM fans is counterproductive and selfish. It’s not so much a problem anymore, but when Friendship is Magic fandom was first starting it sure as hell was a big issue, that and keeping out and marginalizing women and children (the intended audience). G4 fandom in the first few years was largely a boys club and I’m kind of ashamed of that even though I didn’t contribute to any of the gatekeeping.
Interested in advertising on Furbooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Furbooru is not cheap to operate - help support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide