Anime Thread

Shows and Spoilers » Anime Thread Search Posts
Yuri
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Astra - Helped choose the name for our mascot - Astra.
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.
Since the Beginning - Registered before the site was public

Yuri is Best Girl
Talk about anime and anime-influenced animation (like Avatar TLA) here.

To start off, Madoka Magica is incredible and everyone should watch it.

~~Also, ima use this opportunity to plug my AniList ~~
other Pony
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.

Eeveelutions Please
But really, whenever I get into a series I leave halfway through and I have to rewatch it for it to make sense again.  
😩
Yuri

Yuri is Best Girl
I’m currently rewatching Love Live and K-ON (both are some of my favourites, btw, and everyone should watch them).

@FoxMcCloud97  
I have it on my PTW list and heard good things about it.
Yuri

Yuri is Best Girl
@ParallelLines  
I loved them both (though I play the Magia Record mobile game too so I might be biased), but MagiReco definitely had issues.

The first season only adapted half of the game’s story, which is a problem considering that there wasn’t much plot progression in the first half of the game’s story. The anime also had pacing issues because of the sheer volume of content they had to adapt.

Also, I’m not the biggest fan of some of the story changes (like removing Madoka and Homura).

I still loved it, though, and I hope the second season will be better.
ParallelLines

@Yuri  
I admit that part of my disapointment comes from having too high expectations (since Madoka Magica is my favorite mahou shoujo anime), but aside from the things you already mentioned like Iroha’s story not progressing, another thing that I wasn’t prepared for was that the season was inconclusive.

By the end onf Madoka Magica everything was resolved and only has one season, so I was expecting a similar situation for Magia Record, I wasn’t expecting a “see you next season”

I compare it to another two anime, “houseki no kuni (Land of the Lustrous)” and “beastars” both are entertaining, but the first one ends with Phos determined to get some answers, which leaves a feeling of “there is definitely gonna be a second season” but there are no hints at that season happening, while beastars literally says that there will be a second season, and even without that, the arc in the first season feels conclusive.

I’m not saying that stories that need more than one season to finish are bad, is just that I prefer the ones that doesn’t leave cliffhangers between seasons.
Yuri

Yuri is Best Girl
@ParallelLines  
All valid points. I was familiar with the source material, so when they announced the season will be only 13 episodes I knew it will end about halfway through the story, and even I got a little disappointed by the way they ended it.
Yuri

Yuri is Best Girl
I’m watching Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions right now and it’s soooooo good. It’s easily one of my all time favourites already.
Yuri

Yuri is Best Girl
Finished Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions.

This show was incredible from start to finish and is now very high up on my favourites list, with the movie being especially high up. It’s been a while since I’ve seen an anime romance that felt this natural.

Next up is Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet.
ParallelLines

Currently rewatching: Kaguya-sama  
Currently watching: Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts (not sure if this is anime-influenced enough)

Just finished Brand New Animal:  
I think that, overall, it was good but not excelent, the setting had potential, but I think that Nazuna is a weird charachter, since she appears to be antagonistic at first, but then she ends up being on “the good side” in an unnatural way, or maybe it’s just me failing at interpreting that
aradii

Finished 7 episode of Kanojo, Okarishimasu, When I first decided to watch this show, my expectations were very low but that first episode was so damn funny, I couldn’t stop laughing. I really like the artstyle and the story so far.
Interested in advertising on Furbooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Furbooru is not cheap to operate - help support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide