Welcome to Furbooru (Beta)! Information about the site as a work-in-progress

other Pony
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Astra - Helped choose the name for our mascot - Astra.
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.
Since the Beginning - Registered before the site was public

Eeveelutions Please
I love the purple,  
Has a very “after hours” type of look to it.  
Also light is invalid theme, 😂, Good.
Joey
The 1% - Hit 1% of Uploads Milestone for a year
Even Worse Kobold -
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Heavy Lifter - Uploaded over 1k art pieces
Derpy Fur - Prevented Furbooru's terrible fate in April of 2021.
Artist -
Seedling - Gave the site life with many uploads during its first months
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.

System Administrator
@Anonymous #2AEA  
The default filter will not show you any nudity. It’d show spoilered suggestive images, but you still have to take an action (clicking the spoiler) to see them.

But as stated previously - we are targeting this site towards a more mature audience. Plus on Derpibooru there was a lot of debate about ratings, since a lot of stuff ended up sitting on a borderline between safe/suggestive or suggestive/questionable. Re-hashing it should make it a lot easier to be consistent too.
Anonymous #E1D4
@Joey  
First, that’s just wrong. Right now you can search safe + nudity and get results. Even if those are just errors it shows people obviously aren’t going to to use the tags the exact way you want. As I also said, the difference is subjective between safe and suggestive. At least on derpibooru you could be sure that if there was nudity it wouldn’t be suggestive.

It’s been stated previously that you could just filter out the nudity, but what about when artists don’t include all the right tags to filter out. In case case you would still see nudity.

There is nothing wrong with targeting a more mature audience, but that doesn’t mean ratings change. To use an analogy, an R rated movie targeted at adults doesn’t mean that they can drop the rating down just because it’s just meant for adults. It’s still rated R.

I get that you don’t think that artistic nudity shouldn’t be considered questionable. But unless you draw a hard line that isn’t subjective (such as the presence of nipples, balls, etc) there will be images that slip through.

You could always introduce another rating in between questionable and suggestive for nudity. Or you can introduce a spoiler filter for images that show nudity.
LightningBolt
Even Worse Kobold -
Heavy Lifter -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote a fanfiction consisting of at least around 2.2k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Tag Lover - Good and Proficient Tagger

Senior Moderator
Emo siren
Please don’t keep middle alignment as default and remember to add an option to allow selecting of what is preferred.

Also ratings should really not change meanings just because “why the hell not”.

I do like the purple color scheme tho.
Anonymous #E1D4
@Joey  
Thank you for taking it into consideration. I’m not trying to be a butt here, I’m just trying to help with the tags while it is still easy to fix them. If you want, I’m willing to give you more feedback.
Luna
Even Worse Kobold -
Platinum Piece - Platinum Supporter on Patreon
Always Codes Drunk - Apparently cats have non-existent alcohol tolerance
Artist -

Administrator
Devops
@LightningBolt  
Centered layout is the default from now on, left-side layout is deprecated forever.  
Rating tags were changed based on our experience with the furry fandom in general.  
Thanks, I like purple too, it’s my fave color :3

If you want left-side layout back, use a userscript:  
// ==UserScript==
// @name Not center
// @version 0.1
// @author stsyn
// @include /http[s]:\/\/furbooru\.[org|net|com]/
// ==/UserScript==
(function() {
‘use strict’;
document.getElementById(‘container’).classList.remove(‘layout–center-aligned’);
})();
LightningBolt
Even Worse Kobold -
Heavy Lifter -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote a fanfiction consisting of at least around 2.2k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

Senior Moderator
Emo siren
@LightningBolt
Centered layout is the default from now on, left-side layout is deprecated forever.

That doesn’t even make any sense. I saw an option last night. At least there’s a script, but people should not need a script for a basic option.

@Luna  
@LightningBolt
Rating tags were changed based on our experience with the furry fandom in general.

Well in my own experience I don’t want it to lead to gender discrepancies or a DA situation where eveything with naked females is considered non-explicit while anything with naked males is rated higher just on principle.  
It’s hard as hell to make a definitive ‘artistic nudity’ stance and I hope you’re prepared for the struggles that can cause over just saying “genitals is explicit and nipples is questionable”. Artists will call anything artistic nudity if they can, even if it isn’t.

Edit: Also script doesn’t seem to work.
Aureai
Artist -

I'm not a furry, but
I really like the purple interface, it’s a bit more unique and pleasant to the eye. While I like the concept of an ear as logo, the combination of colors and gradients make it a little bit difficult to discern what is it with this theme applied, which is the default now.

I did a little coloring test here with the existing .svg file

full

Modified SVG File
Anonymous #1711
Neat~!  
I’m also a bit unsure about the changes on ratings, but I don’t think this is the proper thread for that discussion.
LightningBolt
Even Worse Kobold -
Heavy Lifter -

Senior Moderator
Emo siren
@Luna  
Still struggling with that script.

So if I’m correct, nudity without sex/masturbation/fluids is questionable? So a basic vulva or a sheathed dick is questionable, but add juices to either one or an erection or touching/manipulation is explicit?
LightningBolt
Even Worse Kobold -
Heavy Lifter -

Senior Moderator
Emo siren
@Aureai  
I like your edit. Tho IMO I’d pick a tail for an icon, an ear is fine too. I just think a tail is more general, easy to understand, and cleaner.
Aureai
Artist -

I'm not a furry, but
@LightningBolt

Thanks, though a tail sounds like it could be fun and dynamic, although they may tend to be a bit long so it would need to be clear as well as an icon. Otherwise I could think a fluffy chest but I’m not sure.
Interested in advertising on Furbooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Furbooru is not cheap to operate - help support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: No longer on beta.