46.67% 7 votes
AK-47
40.00% 6 votes
AR-15
13.33% 2 votes

Poll ended with 15 votes.

Anonymous #AF58
@MagpulDynamicPie  
Noice! How did you find em that cheap in this market?

Also, Lucile is barbed wire, but it’s really about the same effect I was going for. It makes it far more difficult for an attacker to block or grab it.

Along with the stone, the club is humanity’s oldest weapon. We’ve used them for at least a million years. One could argue that the instinct of knowing how to use one is a fundamental part of our collective DNA. The combatants in World War I actually used clubs very similar to this for trench raids. Often though, soldiers made the spikes/nails too big, and/or used too many, and they would get stuck, making it impossible to quickly pull out and move on with. I made sure to just use 3 smaller nails on each side for that reason.

As usual, these are one of those things you hope you and your friends never have to use, but very much enjoy having. Might have to try one of ‘em on some melons. XD

P.S. If you ever want to make something like this and aren’t pressed for time or without electricity, predrill your holes and use epoxy to set your nails in well and avoid cracking the wood. Use a hacksaw with at least 24TPI (teeth per inch) to cut the head off the spear nail.

Last but not least, here’s a total of 6 different DIY variations shown and described in detail, from the “batchete” to the studded broken glass bat and more. Some are probably most useful as just fun props heh.
MagpulDynamicPie
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Seedling - Gave the site life with many uploads during its first months
Astra - Helped choose the name for our mascot - Astra.
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.
Artist -

DARPA Pone
That’s pretty cool honestly. It’s the kind of DIY project I’d definitely try just for the fun of it. As for the mags, you can get them for that price on Botach as well as MidwayUSA.
MagpulDynamicPie
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.
Artist -

DARPA Pone
@Anonymous #AF58  
No problem. I’m new to Botach, so can’t say how great they are as a website to buy from just yet, but I’ve done lots of business with MidwayUSA and they’re a very good site to buy from. Great service and fast shipping.
Anonymous #79B6
Our constitution says we have the right to a “well-regulated” militia, not one free of regulation.

That is absolutely false. The full text of the 2nd amendment reads:  
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed

It clearly states a right to keep and bear arms; never does it mention a right to have a militia, regulated or otherwise. And “well regulated” in this context means trained or disciplined as with a “regular” army. There is no provision for gun control just as there is no provision for speech control in the preceding amendment. And let’s be clear: all of the BoR is in fact limits on government, not on people.
MagpulDynamicPie
Artist -

DARPA Pone
@Anonymous #79B6  
True, in fact, the founding fathers actually expressed great interest in firearms much more similar to our modern weapons than to the muskets of the era people tend to think of, and they fully supported the right of the people to obtain them had they exited more than just the limited production stage. Cannons were also protected under the 2A.
Anonymous #79B6
Adding that we have already made many “compromises” unless you’ve been living under a rock and don’t know about the National Firearms Act, the Gun Control Act of 1968, FOPA (which barely protected gun owners at the cost of more prohibition) etc. Considering all of this you pretend to add more burdens? No thanks. The only acceptable compromise is a full abolition of all gun control.
Anonymous #AF58
I think I’ll just leave, since it’s really not enjoyable being in the presence of radical extremists. (Not talking about Magpul cause he actually listens and is willing to be rational, think about different angles on things, and hear people out even if he doesn’t agree with them.)
Anonymous #AF58
Compromise  
noun: an agreement or a settlement of a dispute that is reached by each side making concessions.

Accepting only a fathest extreme viewpoint position, one more than even the vast majority of conservatives, is not a compromise at all. You don’t sound very intelligent when you make statements like that.

Gun control is any measure that bans or restricts any use, possession, or location of guns in any way. It includes things like age minimums on gun purchases. A full abolition of all gun control would mean it would be legal to sell guns to any 8 year old who walks into a shop, and then for that child to go to school and fire their guns on school grounds. That’s just one of many examples of gun control almost anyone should easily be able to think of off the top of their head.

A full abolition of all gun control would be less gun control than was implemented in the wild west.

I can discuss with and respect people who have some semblance of a thought-out and respectable position on gun control. I can respect someone whose position is that of having no waiting periods and no bans or restrictions related to adult purchases of guns by non-felons. On the flip side, I can also respect someone who believes in banning all magazines over a certain capacity, and raising age minimums to 21 on all purchases and possession.

I don’t agree with either of those positions, but I can respect them because beliefs come from a place of critical thinking and rationale, and both leave some room for healthy, honest, discussion and deliberation.

It is futile to deal with and impossible to respect someone who has the simultaneous positions of, “my way or the highway” and also, “this is the most extreme position someone could possibly have” in one direction or the other. I’d be a little surprised if a person like that didn’t have to either pay, intimidate/abuse, or use alcohol to have sex.
Anonymous #AF58
So yeah, you don’t have to agree with a lot of things in the mainstream discourse from either “the right” or “the left.” But don’t pretend to be the good guy when you’re a radical extremist who won’t accept anything other than your ill-thought, uneductaed whackjob fantasy.
MagpulDynamicPie
Artist -

DARPA Pone
Look, I’m not a mod obviously, but as the person that started this thread, can everyone please try to keep things civil here? We’re all pro-gun. I’d personally love to see nationwide constitutional carry and legalization of automatic firearms. Will probably never happen, but all it is is discussion.
Anonymous #79B6
Believing in basic rights for everyone makes you an intolerant radical extremist. Take a look at that. Be aware that adopting centrist positions does not automatically grant you a moral high ground either.  
I heard many arguments for gun control already. After some thought I remain non-convinced.  
Also please refrain from insulting my intelligence and assuming nonsense about me because frankly you know nothing about me.
Anonymous #AF58
@  
MagpulDynamicPie

I’m the one who messed it up. I’m not saying you were, but don’t attribute it to the change of venue. It’s my fault we derailed, and it is not representative of Furbooru or its community at large. I know that sounds like a run-of-the-mill, serpentine lawyer’s generic non-statement, but it’s the truth. ~
Anonymous #AF58
Anywho, anyone watch Demolition Ranch on YouTube? I love that guy. Haven’t seen him lately, but along with Taofledermaus they’re probably my favorite gun-related channels.
Anonymous #79B6
Paul Harrell has very valuable insights and analyses on self defense with firearms. His insights and weapons tests are detailed and focused. For some reason people rag on him because of his drawn out explanations. Yet if he does not explain himself with as much detail as he uses, then they misquote him or/and get angry at him.
Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide