What's the Deal with Vore Anyway?

Elly Catfox
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Derpy Fur - Prevented Furbooru's terrible fate in April of 2021.
Astra - Helped choose the name for our mascot - Astra.
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.
Bronze Piece - Bronze Supporter on Patreon

nya
So like, yeah, I ain’t complaining. Hey, you do you! But uhh, I couldn’t help but scratch my head when I was blocking the tag that, while we have only roughly 10,000 images, almost 800 of them are vore. That’s almost 1 out of every baker’s dozen on the site.

I began to wonder, even as I cringed in horror at the sight before my eyes… Am I actually missing out on some elixir of life here? Like, ain’t that too many images to just be a weird fringe fetish plumbed from the depths of an asocial 40 year-old’s basement?

But at the same time, I’m wondering- is there some kind of red pill you have to take to get in on this? Or does the itch for vore just come to some people as an epiphany in the shower one day, and not for others?

And, if the acquisition of such a penchant for vore is indeed through perspective-altering proverbial narcotics, is there no going back? Should I take the blue pill anyway, lest I become trapped in Voreland for eternity?

Lol. Thanks.
Elly Catfox
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.

nya
Also, please disregard the awkward changes in my parlance and word choice. This is just how I talk sometimes, without meaning to, perhaps due to, among other things, my autism. I often switch between very formal and very informal speech and writing on a dime without even noticing, although I noticed after posting here.
GlitchedWolf
Even Worse Kobold -

Stop! I’m the FB-Vee
I noticed this while voting on every image. Something else I saw was that a lot of the vore pics had Gyro’s ocs so I checked and 90% of the vore pictures on the site were uploaded by gyro. Proof

Recently I’ve also noticed a lot of fat fetish pics appearing on the site. But less vore. Most of the fat fetish pics seem to be uploaded anonymously though so idk if it’s a few people or a lot of different people behind that.
Elly Catfox

nya
@TheGlitchedWolf

I see. So this is not a huge subfaction among us sending in a whole battalion. Rather, our comrades with unconventional interests are actually a spec ops unit led by one voracious, zealous, and highly trained solo operative, dedicated to leading the fight in our collective war on societal norms.

I’m okay with this. XD
Berry Punch

Best Waifu
Oh, yeah, that’s a lot.  
I had seen that he had posted a lot of vore (not that I didn’t like it) but I hadn’t seen that it was that much!
ChromChilled
Artist -

Pasta expert and lover
The thing with vore is… well, to its more base components, a thing about domination and submissiveness that spawned from MANY old cartoons and later turned into a kink that has sub categories such as hard vore, soft vore, fatal (digestion), non-fatal (ending with respawning or spits them out), etc.

Its pretty much a big can of worms of a subject to be honest xD
Jinx
Even Worse Kobold -

Loves a German
@OliverHancock  
Vore as a fetish is subjective to the KIND of vore you want. Soft, hard, fatal, non fatal, post vore regeneration, etc, etc. Narrow down what kind you enjoy, and what artist you like it from. Vore is also an artist to artist thing. I personally dislike gyrofeather in vore, but i adore artists like voregence and TSAP. Its all about finding the right kind.
CruFox
The 1% - Hit 1% of Uploads Milestone for a year
Even Worse Kobold -
Tag Master - Exceptionally Good and Proficient Tagger
Dedicated Lifter  - Uploaded over 5k art pieces
Seedling - Gave the site life with many uploads during its first months
Heavy Lifter -

I like tags
@OliverHancock  
Gyro just has alot of vore art with his characters and decided to upload every single one to Furbooru :P This is why there is so much vore here, but it shouldn’t be a huge problem because hiding the stuff is just a few clicks away for everyone and then they don’t need to see it ever again :P
Berry Punch

Best Waifu
Same thing, some are better than others, but nothing gets in the way. I just ignore the ones I like less.  
On the other hand, I collect the funny ones, or the ones that stand out.

But I’m jealous too, he has a splendid and numerous collection * - *
Interested in advertising on Furbooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Furbooru is not cheap to operate - help support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide