Viewing last 25 versions of post by Gyro in topic Species Listing

Gyro
The 1% - Hit 1% of Uploads Milestone for a year
Even Worse Kobold -
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Tag Master - Exceptionally Good and Proficient Tagger
Derpy Fur - Prevented Furbooru's terrible fate in April of 2021.
Founder Artist - Had at least 75 images under their tag before the site has hit its 50,000 uploads milestone.
Seedling - Gave the site life with many uploads during its first months
Dedicated Lifter  - Uploaded over 5k art pieces
Heavy Lifter -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote a fanfiction consisting of at least around 2.2k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

Piaow Birb!
Jackal was missed tbh, I removed all the specific canines, and pterodon was meant to be pterosaur.

As far as seal vs sea lion, sea lions are a type of seal (common name) for pinnipeds. It works for either. Sea lion -> seal if it doesnt already.

Sure, beedrill can probably be knocked back to just insect.

Rayquaza fits that type of dragon given that dragons are classified by looks.

Like Charizard does, like dragonite does

Dragini and flygon

garados

>
>1390t

Yveltal is close enough to fall under given that beak, two legs, wings, maybe feathers? ambiguous.

Nidoqueen is a little more ambiguous, but the prior evolution are pretyt clear. And I think that the whole evolutionary line can certainly be considered for maybe cases.

Grovyle is at least a theropod, and I suggested using that much.

magicarp is based on a koi, which is a type of carp.

Salazzle, nor salandit are definitley not salamander though, despite the name. They are shown to live in arid enviroments, which is not condusive at all to amphibians.

Pichu is the unevolved pikachu and raichu, both of which are rodents. Bulbapedia has it as a rodent, and has a body type like a squirrel

See my discussion on grovyle, or did you compeltely ingnore that for archeops? Theropod is probably better for both, so that we dont get 'too specific.'

Torchic is modeled after a chicken right? But we're avoiding specific tags on pokemon, thus pheasant, since chickens are pheasants. My choices here were quite deliberate, so please educate yourself.

Same with Songbird, we're not using the latin names where real ones are available. Songbird encompasses sparrows, swallows, corvids, and a fair few other small perching birds. Its probably the best bird bodytype we can use on the site for that class.
No reason given
Edited by Gyro