Viewing last 25 versions of post by Gyro in topic Banning politics from the site is on its face nonsensical.

Gyro
The 1% - Hit 1% of Uploads Milestone for a year
Even Worse Kobold -
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Tag Master - Exceptionally Good and Proficient Tagger
Derpy Fur - Prevented Furbooru's terrible fate in April of 2021.
Founder Artist - Had at least 75 images under their tag before the site has hit its 50,000 uploads milestone.
Seedling - Gave the site life with many uploads during its first months
Dedicated Lifter  - Uploaded over 5k art pieces
Heavy Lifter -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote a fanfiction consisting of at least around 2.2k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

Piaow Birb!
"[@Luna":](/forums/meta/topics/banning-politics-from-the-site-is-on-its-face-nonsensical?post_id=14408#post_14408
)  
Buying a beer is most certainly has political implications. Do you buy microbreweries or from large corporations? Is it an import? Are you supporting a local bar, or a chain restaurant or a grocery store? All of these have political implications to them in how they affect the sphere of who gets what, when, and how. Though you're probably not making conscious decisions about this, that doesn't mean that there wasn't politics that went into shaping your choice. Be it advertisement regulations, or food safety.

Bathrooms: Again, who gets what when and how. Mostly here it concerns the idea of how: Building codes and safety regulations, making sure the water that you wash your hands with is clean. All of these are the result of political decisions, based on science and such sure, but still political. Politics impacts literally every facet of life.

[bq]

>
US politics are not an issue to literally anyone living in europe, we here mostly just follow it out of morbid curiousity due to how hard it is advertised everywhere on the internet and how unavoidable they are because there are just so many americans on the internet.[/bq]

Ah I see, so the US involvement in say the united nations and their security council veto has no bearing on Europe what so ever. Greta Thumberg obviously wasnt European either, since she lobbied in our elections on behalf of fighting global warming nor any of your national leaders, who seek trade deals and other such treaties.

> My point was that it's pointless to say that even many mundane things are political.

I'll grant that I probably should have said that everything, even mundane things, are impacted by politics. Thats probably a better way to put it, though because of that, many acts are also a political statement because of that.
No reason given
Edited by Gyro