Viewing last 25 versions of post by Litrojia in topic Banning politics from the site is on its face nonsensical.

Litrojia
The 1% - Hit 1% of Uploads Milestone for a year
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Derpy Fur - Prevented Furbooru's terrible fate in April of 2021.
Seedling - Gave the site life with many uploads during its first months
Heavy Lifter - Uploaded over 1k art pieces
Artist -

"[@Gyro":](/forums/meta/topics/banning-politics-from-the-site-is-on-its-face-nonsensical?post_id=14406#post_14406
[bq]
)  

>
The question shifts from 'is this political?' to 'what are the political implications of this?' in the same way you dont ask 'does this have a definition' but rather 'what is the definition?'[/bq]

If you want to look at it that way, that's fine. My point was that it's pointless to say that even many mundane things are political.

[bq]

>
Glad to see you taking this entirely out of context. :V That was pointing out that US politics definitely has an impact on the rest of the world. Probably in multiple spheres, but that was the first one that came to mind that was 100% undeniable.[/bq]

Though my point still stands, I admit I unintentionally took that point out of context.

In Luna's case, I can understand her frustration in being sick of seeing US politics everywhere on the internet despite not being American herself. Lots of websites kind of assume that their users are American (I recall recent messages from Discord encouraging everyone, even non-Americans, to vote). That being said, being sick of US-centric political discussion alone isn't great justification for disallowing political discussion.

[bq]

>
That said the accusations of mods unfairly enforcing the rules already exist.[/bq]

I know, and allowing political discussion would amplify that.

My main point here is that enforcing civil political discourse probably isn't worth the staff's time. If they think they could handle it, I wouldn't mind having a political containment thread to placate the people who feel obligated to talk about politics. Allowing political discussion anywhere on the site only really benefits those political few, while making the site less casual and more susceptible to controversy for everyone else (I am assuming here that most Furbooru users aren't too political).
No reason given
Edited by Litrojia