Viewing last 25 versions of post by Seraphiel in topic Banning politics from the site is on its face nonsensical.

Seraphiel
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Astra - Helped choose the name for our mascot - Astra.
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.

"[@Gyro":](/forums/meta/topics/banning-politics-from-the-site-is-on-its-face-nonsensical?post_id=14312#post_14312
)  
Yeah. Thats one of the gripes i have with online communities all over. It seems the rules apply to some but not the other. Even worse, this growing double standard has become even more blatant that they arent even trying to hide it anymore. Everything seems to be skewing to one side. And one side seems to be more "acceptable" than the other.

What even is "politics" anymore?

Whenever i tried calling out people for being "too political" with their posts on certain subject matter. I keep getting told that "It IsN't a PoLiTiCaL mattur!!! Hurr durr" "Its HOOMAN ROIGHTS ISSUE! But whenever some topic i try to talk about that doesnt seem to explicitly wander ibto politics, just a little bit. "OMFG! TAKE IT TO TEH POOLITICAL THREADS!!!"

So it's "politics" when they say it is but isnt when they say it isnt? Especially stuff they happen to suspiciously disagree and agree with respectively?

Those who conveniently try to twist definitions to fit their whims and narratives are the worst. They have no principles.
No reason given
Edited by Seraphiel
Seraphiel
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.

"@Gyro":/forums/meta/topics/banning-politics-from-the-site-is-on-its-face-nonsensical?post_id=14312#post_14312
Yeah. Thats one of the gripes i have with online communities all over. It seems the rules apply to some but not the other. Even worse, this growing double standard has become even more blatant that they arent even trying to hide it anymore. Everything seems to be skewing to one side. And one side seems to be more "acceptable" than the other.

Whenever i tried calling out people for being "too political" with their posts on certain subject matter. I keep getting told that "It IsN't a PoLiTiCaL mattur!!! Hurr durr" "Its HOOMAN ROIGHTS!" MatterISSUE! But whenever some topic i try to talk about that doesnt seem to explicitly wander ibto politics, just a little bit. "OMFG! TAKE IT TO TEH POOLITICAL THREADS!!!"
So it's "politics" when they say it is but isnt when they say it isnt? Especially stuff they happen to agree with?

Those who conveniently try to twist definitions to fit their whims and narratives are the worst. They have no principles.
No reason given
Edited by Seraphiel
Seraphiel

"@Gyro":/forums/meta/topics/banning-politics-from-the-site-is-on-its-face-nonsensical?post_id=14312#post_14312

Whenever i tried calling out people for being "too political" with their posts on certain subject matter. I keep getting told that "It IsN't a PoLiTiCaL mattur!!! Hurr durr" "Its HOOMAN ROIGHTS!" Matter! But whenever some topic i try to talk about that doesnt seem to explicitly wander ibto politics, just a little bit. "OMFG! TAKE IT TO TEH POOLITICAL THREADS!!!"
So it's "politics" when they say it is but isnt when they say it isnt? Especially stuff they happen to agree with?

No reason given
Edited by Seraphiel
Seraphiel

Whenever i tried calling out people for being "too political" with their posts on certain subject matter. I keep getting told that "It IsN't a PoLiTiCaL mattur!!! Hurr durr" "Its HOOMAN ROIGHTS!" Matter! But whenever some topic i try to talk about that doesnt seem to explicitly wander ibto politics, just a little bit. "OMFG! TAKE IT TO TEH POOLITICAL THREADS!!!"
No reason given
Edited by Seraphiel
Seraphiel

No reason given
Edited by Seraphiel