Viewing last 25 versions of post by Elly Catfox in topic Vent Thread

Elly Catfox
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Derpy Fur - Prevented Furbooru's terrible fate in April of 2021.
Astra - Helped choose the name for our mascot - Astra.
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.
Bronze Piece - Bronze Supporter on Patreon

nya
"[@Gyro":](/forums/dis/topics/vent-thread?post_id=8699#post_8699
)  
Honestly, I've found that the best pasta sauce is either entirely homemade...

Or you can make a really good cheater sauce by using a can of either generic tomato sauce or your favorite pasta sauce combined with a little tomato paste, some tomatoes, and then add some of your own seasonings- garlic, basil, bayleaf, etc. I like a little holy trinity in there too- sauteed onion, carrot (and/or celery), and peppers. Just go real easy on the seasonings if you have a pre-seasoned pasta sauce in there.

Also, if you find a sauce is "tinny" or rather acidic for your liking, add a pinch of sugar. TI believe the sugar is a more southern tradition, whereas my family's from northern Italy, but we still put a good pinch or 2 in there growing up. I vary depending on how a taste test goes. Ragu is definitely rather sweet. It wouldn't need any added to it for sure, even with tomato paste and such added.
No reason given
Edited by Elly Catfox
Elly Catfox
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.

nya
"@Gyro":/forums/dis/topics/vent-thread?post_id=8699#post_8699

Or you can make a really good cheater sauce by using a can of either generic tomato sauce or your favorite pasta sauce combined with a little tomato paste, some tomatoes, and then add some of your own seasonings- garlic, basil, bayleaf, etc. I like a little holy trinity in there too- sauteed onion, carrot (and/or celery), and peppers. Just go real easy on the seasonings if you have a pre-seasoned pasta sauce in there.

Also, if you find a sauce is "tinny" or rather acidic for your liking, add a pinch of sugar. The sugar is a more southern tradition, whereas my family's from northern Italy, but we still put a good pinch or 2 in there growing up. I vary depending on how a taste test goes. Ragu is definitely rather sweet. It wouldn't need any added to it for sure, even with tomato paste and such added.
No reason given
Edited by Elly Catfox
Elly Catfox

nya

Or you can make a really good cheater sauce by using a can of either generic tomato sauce or your favorite pasta sauce, combined with a little tomato paste, some tomatoes, and then add some of your own seasonings- garlic, basil, bayleaf, etc. I like a little holy trinity in there too- sauteed onion, carrot (and/or celery), and peppers. Just go real easy on the seasonings if you have a pre-seasoned pasta sauce in there.

Also,
if you find a sauce is "tinny" or rather acidic for your liking, add a pinch of sugar.
No reason given
Edited by Elly Catfox
Elly Catfox

nya
Honestly, I've found that the best pasta sauce is either entirely homemade, o...

O
r you can make a really good cheater sauce by using a can of generic tomato sauce or your favorite pasta sauce, a little tomato paste, some tomatoes, and then add some of your own seasonings- garlic, basil, bayleaf, etc. I like a little holy trinity in there too- sauteed onion, carrot (and/or celery), and peppers. Just go real easy on the seasonings if you have a pre-seasoned pasta sauce in there.
No reason given
Edited by Elly Catfox
Elly Catfox

nya
Honestly, I've found that the best pasta sauce is either entirely homemade, or you can make a good cheater sauce by using a can of generic tomato sauce or your favorite pasta sauce, a little tomato paste, some tomatoes, and then add some of your own seasonings- garlic, basil, bayleaf, etc. I like a little holy trinity in there too- sauteed onion, carrot (and/or celery) and peppers. Just go real easy on the seasonings if you have a pre-seasoned pasta sauce in there.
No reason given
Edited by Elly Catfox
Elly Catfox

nya
Honestly, I've found that the best pasta sauce is either entirely homemade, or you can make a good cheater sanduce by useing a can of generic tomato sauce, a little tomato paste, and then add some of your own seasonings- garlic, basil, bayleaf, etc. I like a little holy trinity in there too- sauteed onion, carrot (and/or celery) and peppers.
No reason given
Edited by Elly Catfox