Viewing last 25 versions of post by StrangeKittenOfTheFabulousKilljoys in topic Vent Thread

StrangeKittenOfTheFabulousKilljoys

Meow
Okay, I'm gonna relay what I've learned. I have clear picture of the situation now.

Lesson 1: Zangi is sketchy af. I didn't understand why I was told to switch over to there when it's functionally the same as Facebook messenger. I think it's because data isn't encrypted on there, so it's much easier to commit crimes on. WhatsApp also seems popular for that kind of thing too. Additionally, images sent on these apps are often small-only, so sketchy photo manipulation can be much more difficult to notice. Be wary of anyone who begins talking to you in one place, then asks to switch to apps such as these.

Lesson 2: Let's learn a little about money laundering! I didn't mention this because I didn't think it was relevant, but I had told the scammer that I don't have very much money. I no longer think they were trying to scam money out of me, though it's probable they would have asked for money had this continued. They told me their daughter was in boarding school and they needed to use their Western Union app to pay school fees, but the app wouldn't work. What was going to happen, was I was going to open a Western Union account under my name and the scammer would have used it to transfer money. A romantic partner using your bank account to transfer money doesn't sound illegal, right? Well, that actually counts as money laundering and would have gotten me into pretty serious legal trouble! I think the reason the scammer didn't catfish me for very long before bringing this up, is they had a lot of money they wanted to launder sooner rather than later.

Lesson 3: I've been thinking about how shady it is when scammers say they can't access their bank accounts. An app not working is much more believable, but in a lot of these cases, they claim they just can't access their bank accounts. That's not really something that happens. Call the bank if your account is frozen and it should be able to be unfrozen. Keep in mind these scammers always claim to have jobs that pay well, so there's no bank issues due to poverty to factor in here.

Lesson 4: Do be wary even with people you’ve met with in person! A couple of these victims even met up with the person they were interested in, only to still get scammed.

Lesson 5: Don’t be afraid to speak up. Over 4,500 reported cases in 2018. And those are only the reported ones! You are not alone if something like this ever happens to you.

I've barely even gotten far in my playthrough of an Emerald romhack, not completely because of this, but partially. I'm into this documentary about scammers for now (it's a compilation of episodes so it's long lol), but after, I think it may be time to return to my true love:
![](https://toatalireviews.files.wordpress.com/2016/06/maxresdefault.jpg?w=640)
Reason: E
Edited by StrangeKittenOfTheFabulousKilljoys

Meow
Okay, I'm gonna relay what I've learned. I have clear picture of the situation now.

Lesson 1: Zangi is sketchy af. I didn't understand why I was told to switch over to there when it's functionally the same as Facebook messenger. I think it's because data isn't encrypted on there, so it's much easier to commit crimes on. WhatsApp also seems popular for that kind of thing too. Additionally, images sent on these apps are often small-only, so sketchy photo manipulation can be much more difficult to notice. Be wary of anyone who begins talking to you in one place, then asks to switch to apps such as these.

Lesson 2: Let's learn a little about money laundering! I didn't mention this because I didn't think it was relevant, but I had told the scammer that I don't have very much money. I no longer think they were trying to scam money out of me, though it's probable they would have asked for money had this continued. They told me their daughter was in boarding school and they needed to use their Western Union app to pay school fees, but the app wouldn't work. What was going to happen, was I was going to open a Western Union account under my name and the scammer would have used it to transfer money. A romantic partner using your bank account to transfer money doesn't sound illegal, right? Well, that actually counts as money laundering and would have gotten me into pretty serious legal trouble! I think the reason the scammer didn't catfish me for very long before bringing this up, is they had a lot of money they wanted to launder sooner rather than later.

Lesson 3: I've been thinking about how shady it is when scammers say they can't access their bank accounts. An app not working is much more believable, but in a lot of these cases, they claim they just can't access their bank accounts. That's not really something that happens. Call the bank if your account is frozen and it should be able to be unfrozen. Keep in mind these scammers always claim to have jobs that pay well, so there's no bank issues due to poverty to factor in here.

Lesson 4: Do be wary even with people you’ve met with in person! A couple of these victims even met up with the person they were interested in, only to still get scammed.

I've barely even gotten far in my playthrough of an Emerald romhack, not completely because of this, but partially. I'm into this documentary about scammers for now (it's a compilation of episodes so it's long lol), but after, I think it may be time to return to my true love:

Meow

Lesson 4: Do be wary even with people you’ve met with in person! A couple of these victims even met the person they were interested in, only to still get scammed.

Meow

Meow

Lesson 1: Zangi is sketchy af. I didn't understand why I was told to switch over to there when it's functionally the same as Facebook messenger. I think it's because data isn't encrypted on there, so it's much easier to commit crimes on. WhatsApp also seems popular for that kind of thing too. Be wary of anyone who begins talking to you in one place, then asks to switch to apps such as these.

Lesson 2: Let's learn a little about money laundering! I didn't mention this because I didn't think it was relevant, but I had told the scammer that I don't have very much money. I no longer think they were trying to scam money out of me, though it's probable they would have asked for money had this continued. They told me their daughter was in boarding school and they needed to use their Western Union app to pay school fees, but the app wouldn't work. What was going to happen, was I was going to open a Western Union account under my name and the scammer would have used it to transfer money. DA romantic partner using your bank account to transfer money doesn't sound illegal, right? Well, that actually counts as money laundering and would have gotten me into pretty serious legal trouble! I think the reason the scammer didn't catfish me for very long before bringing this up, is they had a lot of money they wanted to launder sooner rather than later.