Viewing last 25 versions of post by Elly Catfox in topic Vent Thread

Elly Catfox
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Derpy Fur - Prevented Furbooru's terrible fate in April of 2021.
Astra - Helped choose the name for our mascot - Astra.
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.
Bronze Piece - Bronze Supporter on Patreon

nya
[@MoonOtter](/forums/dis/topics/vent-thread?post_id=35228#post_35228)
I don't, unless it's growing onto the sidewalk and becoming a problem for pedestrians- but that's only if it's thorny, burrs, just totally overgrown onto the sidewalk etc.

A lawn that's cut too short, i.e. most of them in America, is actually a bigger problem than one that's too long. Frequent cutting to short lengths starves the poor grass and robs it of the energy it needs. The grass is left hurt and angry, and goes on the offensive, forgoing root growth in order to lengthen its blades against the attacker (you.) This creates a viscious war of attrition in which there are no winners,. as tThe weak root growth means you must constantly water it more than you would otherwise if leavingt ito agrow longer, and potable water is a prescious resource not to be wasted.
Reason: Needed to personify the poor grass 😢
Edited by Elly Catfox
Elly Catfox
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.

nya
I don't, unless it's growing onto the sidewalk and becoming a problem for pedestrians- but that's only if it's thorny, burrs, just totally overgrown onto the sidewalk etc.

A lawn that's cut too short, i.e. most of them in America, is actually a bigger problem than one that's too long,. bFrequent cautting to short lengths starves the poor grass and roebsn' it of thave energy ito needs. The growass is left hurt and angry, and goes on thep offensive, forgoing root growth in order to lengthen its, bladeso against the attacker (you.) This creavtes ta viscious war of atetrition in which there mare no winners, as the weak rofot growth means you must constantly water it more than you would otherwiese leavindg dit alones., Aand potable water is a prescious resource not to be wasted.
Reason: Needed to personify the poor grass 😢
Edited by Elly Catfox
Elly Catfox

nya
I don't, unless it's growing onto the sidewalk and becoming a problem for pedestrians- but that's only if it's thorny, burrs, just totally overgrown onto the sidewalk etc. A lawn that's cut too short, i.e. most of them in America, is actually a bigger problem than one that's too long, because the poor grass doesn't have energy to grow deep roots, so you have to water it more often or it dries and dies. And potable water is a prescious resource not to be wasted.
No reason given
Edited by Elly Catfox