Viewing last 25 versions of post by Elly Catfox in topic I draw dicks

Elly Catfox
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Derpy Fur - Prevented Furbooru's terrible fate in April of 2021.
Astra - Helped choose the name for our mascot - Astra.
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.
Bronze Piece - Bronze Supporter on Patreon

nya
"[@SerenePony":](/forums/art/topics/i-draw-dicks?post_id=3196#post_3196
)  
I see a therapist every week. After 13 years of searching, I found one this past year who both A. isn't completely ineffective, and B., actually gives a damn. So, that's nice.

No offensea, but the mental health industry sucks ass though. I hope you're one of the good ones. I've spent nearly 2 years of my life institutionalized and it was almost completely pointless. I came out of those looney bins (no offense, some of us just called em that in there to keep a sense of humor and survive) with more screws loose than when I went in.

Why is it, that unless you have money, when you see a med manager/PA/actual psychiatrist if you're lucky in the US, that you go in and see someone who gives you 3 different medications and 2 different diagnoses after talking to you for less than 5 minutes and then saying "See ya" so they can get onyo the next client? Why the fuck do so few people in this country care, that it takes 13 years of begging these people to let you slow down and try different options slowly to figure out if there's any medication that might not be too strong and might actually work, one at a time, to be able to find anything? Why do these godforsaken assholes make up their minds about what is right for their clients before they even listen to what their clients are telling them? I almost died once after my throat closed up when they forced me to take haldol at one point even after I kept telling them it was killing me and I couldn't take it. I have permanently never felt quite the same, quite as sharp as I used to since that incident and that was 6 years ago.

The next month is a completely hazy fog in my memory and I just remember being extremely confused and scared. They did that to me after I told them repeatedly it was killing me and I was sure I had some kind of allergy and they repeatedly gaslighted me. They even almost did it again even after the incident.

The mental health ind
ustry has a lot to answer for. The only reason I kept going back is because I desperately need help and have had so many times in my life where I've had nowhere else to turn. But why is it that it's always done more harm than good until the last year when I just got lucky and finally found some decent people? Decent people in this industry shouldn't be that rare. I might be crazy, but I'm not stupid. I know what I've been through and I know negligence and mishandling of care when I see it. It's everywhere in this industry and yet there's nothing most any of us can do about it. It's so normalized most people don't even see it. But it's true, and I'm so sick of it.
No reason given
Edited by Elly Catfox