Should Pokemon species be tagged with other animal species?

LightningBolt
The 1% - Hit 1% of Uploads Milestone for a year
Even Worse Kobold -
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Derpy Fur - Prevented Furbooru's terrible fate in April of 2021.
Seedling - Gave the site life with many uploads during its first months
Heavy Lifter -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote a fanfiction consisting of at least around 2.2k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Astra - Helped choose the name for our mascot - Astra.
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.
Tag Lover - Good and Proficient Tagger

Senior Moderator
Emo siren
If that isn’t clear, I mean I saw this image  

and the tags added to it.

Personally, no, a Torracat is a Torracat, a Dartrix is a Dartrix, etc. Plus people could argue over if Umbreon is feline or canine (it has traits of both) and I’d rather pokemon species just be tagged as their species and nothing more unless of course an animal is in the image with them. Same applies to Digimon and other fictional Mons.
Parashy
Red Gem - For donations to the site
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.
Since the Beginning - Registered before the site was public

I’m fine with tagging other species if it applies, a Rapidash is pretty much a horse after all. It’s annoying when they won’t show up in any searches because I don’t know crap about Pokemon, I just want to see some horses or whatever. Granted I know it’s not always straightforward. Like a Pikachu is a mouse… I guess. The resemblance is pretty poor though.

No to any implications however. Pokemon draw a thin line between character and species and implications don’t always correspond well because of it. You can definitely color a human like a Pokemon and have it identifiable enough to tag it.  
While they can be removed, it’s just not enough hassle to be worth the effort to fix things in the long run. Also the thing I said about pikachu applies.

Pokemon can be a huge mess when tagging, so i don’t have any straightforward recommendations for the middleground if it were applied, just some observations from prior debates and policies.
LightningBolt
Even Worse Kobold -
Heavy Lifter -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote a fanfiction consisting of at least around 2.2k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

Senior Moderator
Emo siren
@Raptorshy  
Good approach. While I’d personally rather them be removed entirely, I’ll just simply not add them myself, and only remove them if they are just laughably wrong or bad that others have added.
CruFox
Even Worse Kobold -
Tag Master - Exceptionally Good and Proficient Tagger
Dedicated Lifter  - Uploaded over 5k art pieces
Heavy Lifter -

I like tags
I’m fine with tagging other species if it applies, a Rapidash is pretty much a horse after all.

It’s like tagging a zebra as “horse” because it looks like a horse in a different color. The horse-shaped Pokemon should be tagged as equine, but not as horse. Same for every other Pokemon species.
Parashy
Red Gem - For donations to the site
Since the Beginning - Registered before the site was public

@CruFox  
The zebra is a real species, the pokemon is a fictional species modeled after a real horse. It’s like refusing to tag unicorn as horse because it’s not a horse (e6 does this and it causes an immense amount of extra work for everyone). It’s an uphill battle with a lot of extra maintenance and no real benefit to the site trying to keep people from tagging it. If it looks like a horse I’m fine with it being tagged as a horse.
CruFox
Even Worse Kobold -
Tag Master - Exceptionally Good and Proficient Tagger
Dedicated Lifter  - Uploaded over 5k art pieces
Heavy Lifter -

I like tags
@CruFox
The zebra is a real species, the pokemon is a fictional species modeled after a real horse. It’s like refusing to tag unicorn as horse because it’s not a horse.

Actually there are 3 different species called “zebra”, but I guess they are so similar visually that no one could tell a difference on a drawing. But everyone can see a horn. And if it’s not visible only then it would be a horse.

Species names in English are a mess sometimes. For example in genus Martes there are 7 species - with 6 named in the form “adjective marten” and one named “sable”. Why would somebody do that? They should all be martens with different adjectives, so that “marten” would be always their English name for genus and their individual adjective would be the name for individual species. I guess this is why Latin names are used in science, but we can’t expect people to use them for tags of course ;)

Zebras are also in the genus “Equus” but they are not called horses, because somebody come up with a different name for them. If they didn’t the would be just called “adjective horse”.

Same with unicorns, they have a name. And they are not from the species Equus ferus.

I think I wrote too much about this, but I like taxonomy and order and they go along nicely.
LightningBolt
Even Worse Kobold -
Heavy Lifter -

Senior Moderator
Emo siren
tl;dr we not e621 we’re not super picky.

I think we already got an answer, idc if people tag animal species tags on pokemon/digimon/neopets/whatever the fuck, I just don’t do it myself, but I won’t stop others doing it.

Also no implications but we’re all clear on that. :P

I’d like to see someone try to classify Vanillite and Koffing into animal species.
Interested in advertising on Furbooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Furbooru is not cheap to operate - help support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide