Rating Tags General

Fletch
Even Worse Kobold -
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Derpy Fur - Prevented Furbooru's terrible fate in April of 2021.
Seedling - Gave the site life with many uploads during its first months
Tag Lover - Good and Proficient Tagger
Astra - Helped choose the name for our mascot - Astra.
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote a fanfiction consisting of at least around 2.2k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Silver Piece - Silver Supporter on Patreon
Since the Beginning - Registered before the site was public

Administrator
Public Relations
Luna's Pet Woof
Hey there everyone!

This thread is for Rating Tags discussion specifically. If you as an user ever have any doubts on what would be the appropriate Rating Tag for an image you’re welcome to voice the matter here.

Please provide a link to the image using the >>1 format and state your doubt, a Staff Member will analyse the case and provide the image with it’s correct Rating Tag.

We kindly ask everyone not to engage in “Tag Wars” with other users regarding Rating Tag of an image, always defer to a Staff Member verdict.

Best regards,
CruFox
The 1% - Hit 1% of Uploads Milestone for a year
Even Worse Kobold -
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Tag Master - Exceptionally Good and Proficient Tagger
Dedicated Lifter  - Uploaded over 5k art pieces
Heavy Lifter -
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.

I like tags
How should this be tagged? >>565

Is it safe? The title (SNACKTIME) and tags on FA (vore) make me not sure ;) Does it work like this: vore -> fetish -> not safe? Or not? But is it really vore, the second character is not even in the mouth. In the meantime I used the tags “safe” and imminent vore, but maybe something like implied vore too? I don’t know, those tags need descriptions.

For example on Derpibooru there is an image 2260805 tagged as “implied vore” and “questionable” which is only micro swimming in front of an open maw, but then there is image 2194921 tagged with both “imminent vore” and “implied vore” but rated “safe”. By the vore tag description from Derpi:

A living being having their head/torso mostly in another or otherwise being eaten.

it should just be normal vore and not just implied or imminent, because the character is already in the mouth.
AlexMSD

:O
I’d say this one could probably stay safe, but is definitely walking that fine line. As for the implied vore, I’d say you’re safe as it’s not necessarily implying that the act of vore has taken place with evidence in the art piece. Just my two cents.  
How should this be tagged? >>565
Is it safe? The title (SNACKTIME) and tags on FA (vore) make me not sure ;) Does it work like this: vore -> fetish -> not safe? Or not? But is it really vore, the second character is not even in the mouth. In the meantime I used the tags “safe” and imminent vore, but maybe something like implied vore too? I don’t know, those tags need descriptions.
For example on Derpibooru there is an image 2260805 tagged as “implied vore” and “questionable” which is only micro swimming in front of an open maw, but then there is image 2194921 tagged with both “imminent vore” and “implied vore” but rated “safe”. By the vore tag description from Derpi:
A living being having their head/torso mostly in another or otherwise being eaten.
it should just be normal vore and not just implied or imminent, because the character is already in the mouth.

Defiantly suggestive. If I was a wee smol lad who stumbled across this site with mom behind the shoulder, I’d throw whatever device I’m holding if this came up.  
Should this be safe or suggestive?
AlexMSD

:O
@CruFox  
Also, for the second post you made. Here’s an image from Derpi that has some similar aspects of this image. It’s marked suggestive. Also, this one here is a tad more tame than the one the other, still marked suggestive. So yes, suggestive.
CruFox
Even Worse Kobold -
Heavy Lifter -

I like tags
@CruFox
Also, for the second post you made. Here’s an image from Derpi that has some similar aspects of this image. It’s marked suggestive.

This doesn’t count. it features a sexual accesory ;)

Also, this one here is a tad more tame than the one the other, still marked suggestive. So yes, suggestive.

The lionesses are not drooling, unlike that Fluttershy. And Fluttershy couldn’t eat you ;)
CruFox
Even Worse Kobold -
Heavy Lifter -

I like tags
Does semi-erect count as arousal?

Because:

questionable: Detailed genitals (anus, vulva, penis, etc), as long as there is no contact with it, and as long as it does not show arousal

and

explicit: Visible sexual arousal (erect penis, vaginal secretions)

Examples: >>1126 >>1070

I tagged those above as explicit for now. Though this one: >>873, it looks almost flaccid so I tagged this questionable, although because the foreskin is partially pulled down I tagged it as semi-erect.
Fletch
Even Worse Kobold -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote a fanfiction consisting of at least around 2.2k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

Administrator
Public Relations
Luna's Pet Woof
@CruFox  
I suppose all those can be questionable, given these images are solos and there’s really no sexual tension on the images aside the display of genitalia there’s no need to go explicit.

The idea of erection meaning explicit is more of an easy guideline about being sexually aroused but just exposure of the genital half way through it alone is no different than the display of a ‘dry’ vulva.
CruFox
Even Worse Kobold -
Heavy Lifter -

I like tags
@Fleetfoot  
Change the ratings then, they will have that
Stop! This user is a staff member.
Ask them before reverting their changes.
for future reference ;)
Nightweaver20xx
Artist -

Ah sh*t here we go again
OK so I’m already confused. I just finished changing two tags that had visible male genitalia but were tagged “questionable” when I think they should be tagged “explicit” like on Derpi. Is that different here? Are we more liberal with what we can show? Someone inform me, because I’ve looked around and I can really only go by what I’ve been doing for years on Derpi.

EDIT: Never mind I’m an idiot apparently and didn’t actually read the tagging guidelines. I understand now, it’s different than Derpi.
CruFox
Even Worse Kobold -
Heavy Lifter -

I like tags
@Nightweaver20xx  
The two highest ratings were slightly adjusted recently (but they were different than those on Derpibooru even before) and now it is like that:

-> visible penis that is not erect or visible vulva and as long as there is not contact with either of them = questionable

-> erect penis but as long as there is no sexual contact or sexual liquids on it and the picture is solo = questionable

-> erect penis when there is more than one character or if there is a sexual contact with genitals = explicit

Details:

→ Exposed genitals (vulva, penis, etc), as long as there is no sexual contact with them.
→ Images where the main focus are the character’s genitals, or images of butts and nothing else.
→ Whenever an image is warrant the specific tag of morbidly obese
→ No depictions of visible sexual arousal between 2 or more characters.
→ Sexual intercourse (sex)
→ Sexual liquids (precum, cum, vaginal secretions) or lubricants in contact with genitals
→ Masturbation or other sexual contact with genitals.
→ Genital insertions
→ Visible sexual arousal between 2 or more characters.
Fletch
Even Worse Kobold -

Administrator
Public Relations
Luna's Pet Woof
@Exedrus  
Hello there!

This standard was adopted from derpibooru’s concept but adapted to a more mature audience. The standard’s been worked for a really long time and we generally receive good feedback from it. The rating standard also gives a lot of flexibility to filters and galleries.

Just in case of doubt, doing a search query like eg: tag, (explicit OR questionable), tag - will give you both ratings search.

If you’d like to discuss more about the concept behind rating tags please start a new thread since this one should remain focused on clarifying doubts about an image rating. I appreciate the comprehension!
Anonymous #ECA9
>>10084  
Is this explicit, questionable, or suggestive? The tag guidelines says  
Outlines of genitals visible through clothing (cameltoes, detailed bulges, anus ‘cameltoes’)

But someone changed it to explicit.
Fletch
Even Worse Kobold -

Administrator
Public Relations
Luna's Pet Woof
@Anonymous #ECA9  
Hey there!

Applicable tag is Questionable her vulva is excessively visible through the transparent bikini to the point it can already be considered a full out “visible genital”. Nonetheless it doesn’t have anything in it to warrant all the way to Explicit.

We appreciate that you brought this up to our attention!
Hoffun Way
Even Worse Kobold -

On Fire
Hello!

Regarding this from the tag guidelines, under questionable:
Characters with visible nude features (such as exposed breasts, detailed bulges, sheaths, etc) presented in sexy poses
“Sexy poses” seems like a vague distinction for suggestive and questionable, especially regarding breasts. Can there be more examples or clarifications?  
What can suffice for a “sexy pose”?
Exedrus

No YoUwU
@Fleetfoot  
Alright, thanks for responding!

@LightningBolt  
Not quite what I was going for (I probably should’ve worded my second question better). I was more thinking arousal would have the same rating for male vs female. Though that’s something to discuss elsewhere, it seems.
Fletch
Even Worse Kobold -

Administrator
Public Relations
Luna's Pet Woof
@dream  
Hey there!

Funny enough the rating on the image is indeed wrong but not in the way you’d imagine. It’s hard to spot it’s got vaginal secretions in it which is part of the Explicit criteria:

→ Sexual liquids (precum, cum, vaginal secretions) or lubricants in contact with genitals

With that in mind I changed the rating, when you’re in doubt about something of the sort giving a look on tags is always a helpful way to figure out something unnoticed.

Thanks for bringing it up and cheers!
Interested in advertising on Furbooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Furbooru is not cheap to operate - help support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide