[NSFW] Vore Related Tags

Gyro
The 1% - Hit 1% of Uploads Milestone for a year
Even Worse Kobold -
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Tag Master - Exceptionally Good and Proficient Tagger
Derpy Fur - Prevented Furbooru's terrible fate in April of 2021.
Founder Artist - Had at least 75 images under their tag before the site has hit its 50,000 uploads milestone.
Seedling - Gave the site life with many uploads during its first months
Dedicated Lifter  - Uploaded over 5k art pieces
Heavy Lifter -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote a fanfiction consisting of at least around 2.2k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

Piaow Birb!
So, because this is relevant to my interests…and most people who will show up following any links I drop, we probably need to figure out what we want for tags for vore stuffs.

vore  
The act of consuming another living being, either whole or in part.

Vore Tangential:  
object vore -> object swallowing  
Eating inanimate nonfood objects

mawplay (?)  
Playing in or with a mouth or tongue, usually with hands or micros. Often a precursor to vore  

Now this one is slightly problematic. Do we tag it vore? Usually vore comes at the swallowing on down. There are definitely a large number of furies that would quibble that mouth play is not vore. A number of artists will draw ‘mouth play’ but not vore. If we want to tag this vore, we should definitely imply vore. Is being in a mouth vore regardless of whether or not a creature gets swallowed?

imminent vore  
Vore is the clear intention, and is about to happen, but has not yet.  

Now this one can happen with or without mawplay. Should this imply vore though? Imminent death does not imply death on here for example. So imminent should probably be treated the same way across the board.

living insertion  
Where a living being is inserted into an orifice, usually anus or vagina, as one might a dildo.  
Depending on what we do for mawplay, that might inform how this tag is done as well.

predation  
The nonfetishised consuming a nonsapient feral creature, like an otter eating a fish. For the fetishised consumption, see vore

Vore subtags: (All of these should imply vore.)  
soft vore  
Vore in which the prey is consumed whole and alive. It may involve light physical trauma, but no dismemberment.

hard vore  
Vore in which the prey is chewed up or otherwise torn apart in the process of consuming them.

oral vore  
Vore where the prey is consumed through the mouth.

anal vore  
Vore where the prey is consumed through the anus.

sheath vore  
Vore where the prey is consumed through the sheath.

cock vore  
Vore where the prey is consumed through the penis.

unbirth  
Vore where the prey is consumed through the vagina.

cloacal vore  
Vore where the prey is consumed through the cloaca.

small pred  
Vore where the pred is much smaller than the prey.

digestion  
When the prey is digested in vore. This may be through the usual methods, cum transformation or other sorts.

disposal  
When the remains of a prey are excreted after digestion. Usually as scat, but sometimes as a pellet or bones

pellet  
A compress mass of fur, feathers, bones, and other indigestibles coughed up after digestion, usually produced by birds.

Now with that out of the way, lets discuss some edge cases:

This one is maybe tangentially imminent vore, but even that one seems to be a stretch in my opinion. Should a barest hint of a possibly predatory future earn an imminent vore tag? And based on what we decide above wrt imminent vore, should inform if we add vore to this.

These definitely earn the imminent vore tag, and so are dependent on the imminent vore decision as well.

Some of these may deserve the imminent vore tag, and they definitely deserve the mawplay tag. Does teh confluence of imminent vore + Mawplay instantly make it to requiring the vore tag?

Does ending in a comic that ends in vore earn it the imminent vore tag? Even if it doesnt actually depict any vore itself? The second one is certainly more questionable than teh first, though without the context of the final comic, I’m not sure you’d realize that vore is happening offscreen.

Edit: Removed Pica in favor of object swallowing  
Edit: Removed Same Sized vore, added Sheath Vore, and predation
Parashy
Red Gem - For donations to the site
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Astra - Helped choose the name for our mascot - Astra.
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.
Since the Beginning - Registered before the site was public

Also fan here.

I’m fine with all these but pica. Also I never thought to tag pellet though. Maybe I just never noticed because I’m not into that disposal aspect.

I’m neutral to how imminent vore is tagged. I’m not about to judge it against edge cases.
Gyro
Even Worse Kobold -
Founder Artist - Had at least 75 images under their tag before the site has hit its 50,000 uploads milestone.
Heavy Lifter -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote a fanfiction consisting of at least around 2.2k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

Piaow Birb!
@Raptorshy  
Pellets are hmmm pretty avian in nature generally as well…and at least within the pony community you can pretty much blame me with whatever popularity they have there :P
DoesNotExist
Even Worse Kobold -
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.
Artist -

YipYap!
I agree with most of these.

As far as imminent vore goes, personally speaking I’d say it should imply ‘vore’ since vore refers as a whole to the fetish, rather than say ‘imminent sex’ not implying ‘sex’. That being said, consistency is important, and I suspect there would be no clear consensus on how that should play out.

I think ‘object vore’ itself doesn’t really count as vore, though it is tangential. I’d suggest perhaps calling it ‘object swallowing’ and have ‘object vore’ alias to it.

One other question, should we start making distinctions between digestion types? There are a number of varieties; the gooey, melty, cartoonish sort that often gets referred to as soft digestion; more realistic, gory digestion, often referred to as hard or graphic digestion; and cases where an external shot of a stomach is depicted, along with digestion noises, without explicitly showing that digestion takes place? Do we want an ‘implied digestion’ tag?
Gyro
Even Worse Kobold -
Heavy Lifter -

Piaow Birb!
As far as digestion types, digestion, gore should cover hard digestion. I did tag one pic earlier today melting when it was gooey digestion, and melting can probably apply across multiple things which I think is a bonus. Implied digestion might be a good one though.
Parashy
Red Gem - For donations to the site
Since the Beginning - Registered before the site was public

You know I didn’t even process object vore once I saw pica. There’s really not much point in having that kind of tag. I don’t see much point in tagging the concept at all actually.
LightningBolt
Even Worse Kobold -
Heavy Lifter -
Tag Lover - Good and Proficient Tagger

Senior Moderator
Emo siren
I would not tag it pica as that’s more a medical condition and it makes me feel a bit uncomfortable to make it into a fetish tag.

But that’s just my take. I don’t know/care much about vore to say anything else.
Ralek
Even Worse Kobold -
Artist -

Smile
I also agree that it shouldn’t be tagged pica as it’s less self-explanatory than object vore for no real reason.
Nirvash

I agree with most of the suggestions in OP.

Although I don’t think that object vore needs to be aliased to pica. Just leave it at object vore.

Also will put my support to mawplay not implying vore.
Gyro
Even Worse Kobold -
Heavy Lifter -

Piaow Birb!
Updated post to remove pica in favor of “Object Swallowing.”

The most problematic part is “imminent vore” and “mawplay” which I dont think ought to imply vore still, for consistency.
CruFox
Even Worse Kobold -
Heavy Lifter -

I like tags
@Gyro

I added description to those:  
vore
object swallowing
mawplay - but I don’t know if this should imply vore, it now does but I didn’t set it up like this, it was already like that
imminent vore
predation
vore
hard vore
oral vore
small pred
digestion
disposal
pellet

I don’t like the use of the word “consumed” in regards to things that are not mouth in descriptions for those:  
anal vore
Vore where the prey is consumed through the anus.
sheath vore
Vore where the prey is consumed through the sheath.
cock vore
Vore where the prey is consumed through the penis.
unbirth
Vore where the prey is consumed through the vagina.
cloacal vore
Vore where the prey is consumed through the cloaca.

I can’t alias:  

Those do not exist:  
Anonymous #00E6
I strongly recommend not making “hard vore” a part of vore, as it creates too many utter semantic headaches like whether a lion tearing apart a gazelle like it does in nature is vore, or whether Thanksgiving Dinner is vore (sure, you can add an “if sapient” clause, but then is it vore if the turkey’s from a kids show where animals don’t talk but are implied to be sapient anyway?)

“Soft vore” is also a completely ambiguous mess on Derpi, I don’t recommend having it as a tag. Just make vore about gobbling creatures up alive to begin with.
Interested in advertising on Furbooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Furbooru is not cheap to operate - help support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide