(nsfw) varying degrees of nonconsensual sexual activity

Anonymous #D5A6
One of the reasons I left Derpibooru is because people would yell at me and start tag wars when I would add rape, molestation, questionable consent tags etc. to images that were clearly not 100%, if at all consensual. I really do not want to see this kind of content and I don’t have to explain why. I ain’t knocking anyone’s kinks or fantasies at all, but I don’t think we should be weaseling around it and arguing when someone tags this stuff.

Therefore, I hope we can we get some clarification on this.

For example, what do I tag this as and why?

I feel it should be questionable consent at the very least (maybe some other type of tag, like or “noncomsensual sexual advances.” Again, I’m not knocking whatever it is you’re into, and yes I know the fox gets into it in literally the next page of the comic but this is still questionably or nonconsensual. Please for the love of God I want to avoid it as much as possible and I need a way to do that. That’s why we have filters in the first place. I just want some clarification before I go tagging all this stuff when I run into it.

Also, then how many pages of a comic like that would be tagged with something related to this. Just the first one? The first 2? All of them? Please don’t get mad at me, I’m just trying to find answers.
Ciaran
Even Worse Kobold -
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Derpy Fur - Prevented Furbooru's terrible fate in April of 2021.
Astra - Helped choose the name for our mascot - Astra.
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.
Gold Piece - Gold Supporter on Patreon
Artist -
Since the Beginning - Registered before the site was public

Draw or die
what do I tag this as and why

Sure seems like rape to me, because no means no.

I know there’s probably some ABO folks who will see this as “if you’re in heat, that’s an open invitation and it’s not rape when someone rapes you against your will even if you’re begging them to stop”, but … woof. She already said she didn’t want him, so how much ‘no’ do you need?

If the final caption from her were something more like “sure, if you think that will help” then sure, not rape. But as it is, no means no.

how many pages of a comic like that would be tagged with something related to this

Just those pages on which there is nonconsensual sex. If the next page she is begging him for more, that page is not rape.

We don’t tag based on themes in a sequential comic - like, we don’t tag an image “lesbian” because two of the female characters in the comic eventually have sex but aren’t even in this particular page - if there’s no rape on some other page, then there’s no rape on that page.

Maybe there might be ‘after rape’, like there’s ‘after care’, but that seems like more of a image-by-image question.

And while there are probably people who would enjoy other parts of that comic who have rape filtered and thus would miss this page, if they find they like the comic but some of the pages are spoilered then it’s their call if they like the comic enough that they want to see pages that include non-consensual sex.
Ciaran
Even Worse Kobold -
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.
Artist -

Draw or die
@Anonymous #D5A6 & @Ciaran

Hmmm … maybe a tag that might be suitable for images with this theme might be Forced Seduction

a theme found frequently in Western literature (mainly romance novels and soap operas) wherein man-on-woman rape eventually turns into a genuine love affair …

And then have “Forced Seduction” also imply “Rape”, because that’s central to the theme/trope.

That way people looking for rape that leads to seduction would be able to find that theme even if they don’t want to see rape in the absence of ‘forced seduction’, and people who want to avoid rape regardless of the outcome will still be able to avoid rape, including images that have this theme/trope.

Any tagging experts have an opinion about creating a new ‘Forced Seduction’ (implies Rape) tag?
Ciaran
Even Worse Kobold -
Artist -

Draw or die
@Anonymous #D5A6  
For what it’s worth, I was raped in high school and it took decades to be able to even be able to discuss the theme in novels or images without becoming so angry (always about something utterly unrelated from what I actually was angry about) that I couldn’t even speak.

So, I certainly understand wanting to be able to filter content like this when I just don’t feel like dealing with it.
Twifan
Seedling - Gave the site life with many uploads during its first months

Hmmm … maybe a tag that might be suitable for images with this theme might be Forced Seduction
a theme found frequently in Western literature (mainly romance novels and soap operas) wherein man-on-woman rape eventually turns into a genuine love affair …
And then have “Forced Seduction” also imply “Rape”, because that’s central to the theme/trope.
That way people looking for rape that leads to seduction would be able to find that theme even if they don’t want to see rape in the absence of ‘forced seduction’, and people who want to avoid rape regardless of the outcome will still be able to avoid rape, including images that have this theme/trope.
Any tagging experts have an opinion about creating a new ‘Forced Seduction’ (implies Rape) tag?

Based upon how the site is focused on tagging what is being shown in the picture (with a few exceptions such as offscreen character dialogue), a tag similar to “Forced Seduction” or a similar named tag, should not imply rape. Not because it isn’t consent, but because the rape tag is also implies sex. Rape on Furbooru implies forceful, non-consent, sex.

Thus “Forced Seduction”, or whatever the tag will become, should instead imply grimdark , making it its own special tag among the more darker tones tags the site has.
Ciaran
Even Worse Kobold -
Artist -

Draw or die
@Twifan  
“Forced Seduction” may be the trope or theme of a story, but for any individual image I now believe that “Dubious Consent” and “Rape” are the two tags that cover these on this site. So, I think we should continue using those tags rather than create new ones. The tags on the image linked by the OP have been updated by staff.
Interested in advertising on Furbooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Furbooru is not cheap to operate - help support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide