[NSFW] Please make the tags consistent from the start!

CruFox
The 1% - Hit 1% of Uploads Milestone for a year
Even Worse Kobold -
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Tag Master - Exceptionally Good and Proficient Tagger
Derpy Fur - Prevented Furbooru's terrible fate in April of 2021.
Dedicated Lifter  - Uploaded over 5k art pieces
Seedling - Gave the site life with many uploads during its first months
Heavy Lifter -
Astra - Helped choose the name for our mascot - Astra.
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.

I like tags
There are tags that use different words with the same meaning, examples:

canine penis  
horsecock  
licking cock  
glazed dick

Why such inconsistency? Make them all penis (preferably), all cock or all dick. Why every tag should have a different word for the same thing? It’s harder to search for them and use the suggestions when tagging. You type in “*penis*” in the tag search option but you won’t get all the tags describing penises…

Also on the Derpibooru there is “anatomically correct” that actually means only “anatomically correct equine vulva” and can’t be applied to “anatomically correct equine penis” or “anatomically correct canine vulva”. I hope this tag will have it’s broader meaning on this site, like on e621, and would be implied by “anatomically correct penis”, “anatomically correct vulva” etc.
Fletch
Even Worse Kobold -
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Tag Lover - Good and Proficient Tagger
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote a fanfiction consisting of at least around 2.2k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Silver Piece - Silver Supporter on Patreon
Since the Beginning - Registered before the site was public

Administrator
Public Relations
Luna's Pet Woof
Hello there!

We dearly appreciate your thread and both subjects you have brought up. Staff has discussed it trying to achieve the best result being:

1. Since the main tag is penis that will be the standard to every related tag in order to keep the consistency, all your examples above and others we have come across were properly aliased making the main tag ‘penis’.

So now it is: canine penis, horse penis, licking penis, glazed penis, human penis and so on for every other following tag.

This understanding where related tags will follow the main tag standard for consistency is true not only for ‘penis’ but all other similar cases.

2. On Furbooru this will be handled in a far more simpler manner.

There is the anatomically correct genitals tag which should be added universally to all genders and all genitals that fit the criteria of anatomically correct/accurate.

This tag in addition to the other specific tag you’re after eg. canine penis will ensure searching can be done properly always while making tagging far more straight forwards.

We are always open and receptive of feedback.

Cheers!
CruFox
Even Worse Kobold -
Heavy Lifter -

I like tags
  1. I’m glad to hear that.

2. Regarding the only image that has this tag now: >>3 Are you sure that human penis on a shark is anatomically correct? Sharks male genitalia are called claspers and they are parts of their pelvic fins:

The posterior part of a male shark’s pelvic fins are modified into a pair of intromittent organs called claspers, analogous to a mammalian penis, of which one is used to deliver sperm into the female
Male cartilaginous fish have claspers formed from the posterior portion of their pelvic fin which serve as intromittent organs used to channel semen into the female’s cloaca during mating.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clasper

I wouldn’t call this anatomically correct for a shark. For a human, sure. But this is not a human ;)

If we are considering the genitals separately from the species they are attached to (correctly drawn equine penis on a rat or a cat would then also be eligible for having the “anatomically correct genitals” tag), then there is need for another tag for the pictures where the genitals are both anatomically correct correct and correct for the species of the character.
Fletch
Even Worse Kobold -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote a fanfiction consisting of at least around 2.2k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

Administrator
Public Relations
Luna's Pet Woof
@CruFox  
Oh no, please disregard it. It was simply the image I used to work on setting up the tag because I did it a bit in a hurry xD

Already “fixed” that.
Fletch
Even Worse Kobold -

Administrator
Public Relations
Luna's Pet Woof
@CruFox  
Hey!

Yes, it has been debated and decided to make everything just “Equine” for convenience sake. both mentioned tags have been properly updated.

Cheers!
LightningBolt
Even Worse Kobold -
Heavy Lifter -

Senior Moderator
Emo siren
There is the anatomically correct genitals tag which should be added universally to all genders and all genitals that fit the criteria of anatomically correct/accurate.
This tag in addition to the other specific tag you’re after eg. canine penis will ensure searching can be done properly always while making tagging far more straight forwards.

Then make all those tags imply it.
Fletch
Even Worse Kobold -

Administrator
Public Relations
Luna's Pet Woof
@CruFox  
Probably got skipped when adding all the new aliases from horse penis to equine penis, already fixed!
CruFox
Even Worse Kobold -
Heavy Lifter -

I like tags
Then make all those tags imply it.

Actually I’m not sure this is a good idea. Anatomically correct and how people draw penises of specific species can be two different things, here it is shown with examples:

The better solution would be for all the different “species penis” and “SPECIES vulva” tags to imply “animal genitalia”. And then anatomically correct would be added only where it really is correct and not just when a canine penis has any knot and any pointy tip with urethra anywhere.
LightningBolt
Even Worse Kobold -
Heavy Lifter -

Senior Moderator
Emo siren
@CruFox  
I think it might be a little too pedantic to nitpick what’s correct and proper and would require extensive knowledge of each type of animal’s junk to truly judge, which, yes I can do that, but, does anyone really care that much? Plus it could also lead to debates and arguments over “this artist can’t draw proper horse cunts and i hate it” and what not. And that’s probably something worth avoiding.

I do think the tag should be aliased into just ‘animal genitalia’ tho as it was my original idea, is easier to remember, and isn’t as stingy sounding.
CruFox
Even Worse Kobold -
Heavy Lifter -

I like tags
@CruFox
I think it might be a little too pedantic to nitpick what’s correct and proper and would require extensive knowledge of each type of animal’s junk to truly judge, which, yes I can do that, but, does anyone really care that much? Plus it could also lead to debates and arguments over “this artist can’t draw proper horse cunts and i hate it” and what not. And that’s probably something worth avoiding.

It’s not like only one variant of penis or vulva exists for each species and looking just at human ones is enough to prove it, but some general rules apply and drawing urethral opening in a different place is a significant error but drawing different knot shape not so much (also there are so many canine species that I’m sure no one knows how the genitals of every single one look like)

I do think the tag should be aliased into just ‘animal genitalia’ tho as it was my original idea, is easier to remember, and isn’t as stingy sounding.

It could be used alongside animal genitalia when appriopriate but added always manually. This is how it is on e621.

By the way it’s silly that “dragon penis” implies “anatomically correct genitals”. Like somebody ever saw a real dragon and knows what their dicks look like ;) For this reason the entire tag dragon penis doesn’t make sense. Any penis on a dragon is dragon penis because there isn’t any truly correct one. Only the animal genitals tag would apply here, unless the dragon has human cock.

And IMO there should be distinction between animal penis, animal vulva and animal anus in tags.
Parashy
Red Gem - For donations to the site

@CruFox  
I did that because tagging it based on “how accurate it was” was causing problems, so I turned it into something much more practical and less subjective.

It’s mostly a legacy tag though since animal_genitalia (which I set up to replace it) is a much more direct way to search for that kind of content.
DoesNotExist
Even Worse Kobold -
Founder Artist - Had at least 75 images under their tag before the site has hit its 50,000 uploads milestone.
Artist -

YipYap!
One issue I can see with making ‘[animal] penis’ imply ‘anatomically correct genitals’ revolves around whether or not correctly drawn but mismatched genitals get tagged as anatomically correct. There are a bunch of non-equine characters, for example, that have equine penises. Is that ‘anatomically correct genitals’ by the standards of furbooru?
CruFox
Even Worse Kobold -
Heavy Lifter -

I like tags
Is that ‘anatomically correct genitals’ by the standards of furbooru?

anatomically correct genitals” got aliased into “animal genitalia” anyway.
Interested in advertising on Furbooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Furbooru is not cheap to operate - help support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide