[NSFW] Hypnosis, Mind Control, and other similar theme tags.

Twifan
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Seedling - Gave the site life with many uploads during its first months

I wanted to bring up a discussion of these two tags due to how many sites have different opinion on it, as well as the impact it will have on other tags.

For some sites, Hypnosis and Mind Control are the same tag.

E621 has hypnosis as a sub tag of Mind Control.

Meanwhile Derpibooru has hypnosis as “Hypnosis is influencing/suggestion, but with the person under it still ultimately in control.” While Mind Control is “Mind control is what it says on the tin; meat-puppet.” They keep the two tag separate, no image can contain both tags at once.

So far, the two tags has been used on this site have been separated, following Derpibooru’s style. That is fine if that is how you want them to be tagged. But you have different meanings for other tags, so maybe you’d want something different for these too? And then there are other similar theme tags to consider:

“Love magic”/Charm spell/Love potion/Cupid’s Arrow: A group of tags that sometimes get put together with Hypnosis/Mind Control dealing with causing a person fall in love/lust with a person or object. More a emotional manipulation that altering minds, but I see why the two tags are shared as well as having their own tag. Sometimes shares with “aphrodisiac” tag for when its more about making a person horny over falling in love.

“Corruption”: A tag commonly dealing with altering a characters personality, typically in a dark or more sexual way. “Brainwashing”/“Reprogramming” tag seems to also serve the same purpose, splitting the two tags by if magic was used (for Corruption) or other. Sometimes shared with transformation to show they have a new body to go with their new personality. “Bimbofication” is a similar tag as well, but focused on a specific transformation. That of a “Airheaded” hypersexualized female who is perfectly happy to be used and degraded.

“Possession”/“Body Swap”: A tag commonly used with images of someone taking direct control over someones mind. Sometimes by swapping who is in what body. Sometimes by ghostly/magical forces. It typically stands out compared to other Mind Control tags, because of the person controlling their mind are inside the persons body.

All these tags would be effected based on how the tags Hypnosis and Mind Control are defined. Are they sub tags? Are they their own tags? Are they allowed to overlap with other tags?

One Suggestion is to have a super tag for mind/emotion manipulation and have sub tags defining the action being taken in the image for better clarification/tagging.

For example:

-A tag for having Character A be convinced to do an action by character/object B. This can be following them, taking off their clothes, having sex, or just remain there in a daze as if nothing is wrong.

-A tag for having Character A be directly controlled by character B. This can be by Possession, mind swap, or with a device that directly controls the body of Character A like a living puppet.

-A tag for having Character A fall in love/lust with someone thanks to some supernatural source (magic/science). This would be for an image showing a character acting/talking like themselves, taking their own actions than being forced/“Suggested” to do an action, but are clearly being manipulated by outside force. May have a sub tag (or make it a seprate tag) for making someone extra horny rather than falling in love.

-A tag for having Character A personality changed by character/object B. This can be something temperary, such as hypnotizing someone to make them think they are another animal (Common themes include pet dog, or a cow that needs to be milk), or becoming a dark/sexualized version of themselves. May be common with the tag transformation, implying a new personality alongside the new body.

This is just a suggestion. Mostly I just wanted someone to be aware of these tags and how they will effect other tags that have already appeared (and many that will appear) on this site. Any thoughts?
Wingbeat
Even Worse Kobold -
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Artist -
Astra - Helped choose the name for our mascot - Astra.
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.
Since the Beginning - Registered before the site was public

Fun is mandatory
The distinction between hypnosis and mind control is something that I’ve taken notice of as well. IRL, hypnotism/hypnosis isn’t mind control at all - merely consensual, increased suggestibility to the point of hallucination. I’ve wanted to see that intersect with the furry fandom for a while. After all, if you can make someone believe they look like an animal, and should act like an animal…that would be a fun concept to explore.

Unfortunately, in all the time I’ve spent looking, 99% of “hypnosis” fetish art in the fandom seems to play more like mind control/enthralling. I could see an argument for aliasing the two and letting stage magician-style hypnosis be treated as an exception if it ever comes up. I’m open to suggestions on what to call that. “consensual hypnosis?”

Either way, I see no problem with having other, more specific tags for things like body swap, corruption, possession, and magic.
Wingbeat
Even Worse Kobold -
Artist -
Astra - Helped choose the name for our mascot - Astra.
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.
Since the Beginning - Registered before the site was public

Fun is mandatory
@Twifan  
I do think that if we have separate tags for hypnosis and mind control that they ought to be able to co-exist, same with the other tags (most of which would imply one or the other.) The only thing I would keep separate is “mind control” and “consensual hypnosis.”
Interested in advertising on Furbooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Furbooru is not cheap to operate - help support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide