General Tag Discussion

taaffeite
Astra - Helped choose the name for our mascot - Astra.
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.
Artist -

@dream  
even so, a generic “my little pony” tag would suffice for cases like that because then it’s all my little pony characters/content

however i do like your idea as well, it would help unify the tags better
Jinx
Even Worse Kobold -
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.

Loves a German
There should be a tag to separate characters that have muscles and characters that have rediculous amounts of muscle. For example, if someone has abs, the muscle tag gets applied, but if theres a character that makes the hulk look like a punk bitch there should be a tag for excessive muscles. That being said, excessive muscles is a fetish that im not personally into, and id rather not have to go find all images with the tag muscle and weed them out on a regular basis.
dream
The 1% - Hit 1% of Uploads Milestone for a year
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Seedling - Gave the site life with many uploads during its first months
Heavy Lifter -
Tag Lover - Good and Proficient Tagger
Artist -

TAKING A BREAK
kemono description: “A furry art style inspired by anime art. Commonly seen in Japanese furry artwork. Most recognizable for its big, expressive eyes as well as other aspects taken from various anime art styles.”

And maybe add a note about not tagging this on images of kemonomimi or other anime-styled humanoids since it’s distinctly a furry art style?

And another style tag:

oekaki: “An art style popular in the early 2000s. Notable for it’s pixelated style, thick outlines, and somewhat basic rendering. Named after oekaki bulletin boards, where most artwork in this style was produced.”
Anonymous #C287
>>13835 (Explicit)  
Does it make sense to tag this as “Rape” even when it is solo female due to being forced? If not, anyone else have a suggestion?
Gyro
Even Worse Kobold -
Tag Master - Exceptionally Good and Proficient Tagger
Derpy Fur - Prevented Furbooru's terrible fate in April of 2021.
Founder Artist - Had at least 75 images under their tag before the site has hit its 50,000 uploads milestone.
Dedicated Lifter  - Uploaded over 5k art pieces
Heavy Lifter -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote a fanfiction consisting of at least around 2.2k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

Piaow Birb!
nano - One character being exceptionally smaller then normal, often outside the range of normal interaction with a ‘regular’ sized creature.
Extraterrestrial Fluff
Even Worse Kobold -
Heavy Lifter - Uploaded over 1k art pieces
Since the Beginning - Registered before the site was public

Senior Assistant
Genetic experiment
Alias:

e926 -> e621 - Unlikely as it is for people to search for the safe-for-work pseudo-mirror of that site over here, it should still be added. 🤷‍♂️

Short description:

e621 - The Other Furry Booru. The image board that most furries are familiar with. The one that ISN’T us.

(That’s supposed to be a light playful jab at them in the same vein as the first line on TV Tropes’ page on Wikipedia, a.k.a. “The Other Wiki” to that site. Not meant to be an attack on them in any way, shape or form.)

esix (e621) - A blue robotic feline who is one of the two mascots of e621.  
hexerade (e621) - A male blue feline who is one of the two mascots of e621.
CruFox
Even Worse Kobold -
Tag Master - Exceptionally Good and Proficient Tagger
Derpy Fur - Prevented Furbooru's terrible fate in April of 2021.
Dedicated Lifter  - Uploaded over 5k art pieces
Heavy Lifter -

I like tags
@Somedragonguy  
There is a tag called ambient wildlife that is for:

When there are animals that are not important to the overall scene, e.g. birds flying in the distance
Use this tag when the removal of background animals won’t change much in the entire picture.
So for example I didn’t use the tag “feral” here:  

because the birds in the background are just a mere black specks on the sky :P

But this tag should not be used for cases where the animals that are not the main characters are interacting in some way with the main characters, for example:  

And because in your example the character is looking at that butterfly this tag would not apply. So I think in cases like that the “feral” should be used, because why should we discriminate characters based on their species or size. I personally thing it’s only fair to omit it when they are not important to the point where removing them changes nothing like with “ambient wildlife”, but that’s just my opinion and maybe other staff members will disagree with me ;)

EDIT: But there might be cases of “ambient wildlife” where the background characters are fleshed out enough so that they would deserve their feral tag, for example birds on the right of the main character here:

full
dream
Heavy Lifter -
Artist -

TAKING A BREAK
is it possible to make other prefixes automatically pink for fan content like “comic:” does? bc i have a few i’ve been using

tumblr: - iirc this is also used on derpibooru, used to group askblog related images (edit: yes, it is)  
zine: - for fanzines  
amv: - i’ve been using this for images based on/frames from warriors amvs, but can be used for other fandom amvs  
map: - same as above but for multi-animator projects
dream
Heavy Lifter -
Artist -

TAKING A BREAK
sorry for doublepost.

glamfur description:

“A furry art style and subculture that peaked in popularity in the 2000s. It is seeing a slight resurgence alongside the rise of the scenecore aesthetic.

Glamfur art often includes overdesigned characters, anime/manga inspired styles, elements from alternative subcultures (including but not limited to goth, rave, cyberpunk, scene and visual kei), ridiculous amounts of accessories, gore and other dark subject matter, bright colors and overly sweet visuals and unusual or “weird” art styles.”

I was thinking of adding a link to this old Livejournal post about what elements make up glamfur, but I can’t figure out where to put it in that description. xP
Interested in advertising on Furbooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Furbooru is not cheap to operate - help support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: Retired