General Tag Discussion

CruFox
The 1% - Hit 1% of Uploads Milestone for a year
Even Worse Kobold -
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Tag Master - Exceptionally Good and Proficient Tagger
Derpy Fur - Prevented Furbooru's terrible fate in April of 2021.
Dedicated Lifter  - Uploaded over 5k art pieces
Seedling - Gave the site life with many uploads during its first months
Heavy Lifter -
Astra - Helped choose the name for our mascot - Astra.
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.

I like tags
@Nicelucario  
You just need to add comic: at the beginning. I retagged all of them to comic:the first night

@Somedragonguy  
I think when entire body of the character is transparent to show what’s on the opposite side then the transparent body tag is fine.

It just should not be used for cases like that one below, where it should be cutaway instead, it’s even in the description:  
If the transparency is introduced by the artist only locally to show what is going on inside use cutaway instead.

It mentions “only locally”.  

(Imagine the box would be a character, it’s the only safe example)

EDIT  
I changed the description to reflect this, now it is:

If the transparency is introduced by the artist only locally to show what is going on inside use cutaway instead, but if entire body or limbs are transparent to show what is on the opposite side of them, then use the “transparent body” tag instead of “cutaway” tag.

The reasoning being “cutaway” is for showing what is inside and not on the opposite side.
Somedragonguy
Even Worse Kobold -
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Heavy Lifter - Uploaded over 1k art pieces
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.
Since the Beginning - Registered before the site was public

Dragonpone
Description on stockings shoulde be changed to:  
Tightly fitting legwear made of very thin, often transparent, material (silk, nylon, lace).
Note that ‘stockings’ can include toeless styles (to accommodate for the species leg type) if the legwear follows the above.
See thigh highs for thigh high legwear using thicker material.
to fix misspelling.
CruFox
Even Worse Kobold -
Tag Master - Exceptionally Good and Proficient Tagger
Heavy Lifter -

I like tags
@Somedragonguy  
Fixed, but it’s easier to fix just that one word that is misspelled instead of pasting entire new description (I would have to check if it’s not any different in other places…) so I would be grateful for making those stand out, for example by adding underline or something.
Litrojia
Heavy Lifter - Uploaded over 1k art pieces
Artist -

I noticed that “sugar morning’s smiling ponies”, which was presumably carried over from Derpibooru, has been aliased into artist:sugar morning. Any reason for this? Not sure if there’s a convention for these kinds of tags that differs from what Derpibooru does since I’m new here.
Anonymous #401B
So the subject of comic tagging (specifically in regards to the possibility of adding a feature to allow easier navigation of comic pages) has already had some discussion in the ask the mods anything thread, but I had some additional questions on specific comic related situations that I’m not sure have been addressed yet. For instance, if we post something related to a specific comic publisher (like Radio Comix or MU Press), does that get a special tag like franchise related artwork does, or is there something else we should be doing with that? And in regards to the comics, should we be tagging individual stories within them? I mean, I can think of a few that contain artwork, standalone stories, and stories that advance with each new issue. Would we need to tag pages with both a “comic:[name of comic]” and “comic:[name of story within comic]”? And for that matter, what about issue number? Should that be a separate tag (“issue 1”), part of the comic name (“[name of comic] issue 1”), or two separate, similar tags (“[name of comic]”, “[name of comic] issue 1”)?

Oh, and not to complicate things further, but for page number tags, how do we handle pages that are alternate versions of the original? I’m not sure if adding an alternate to a page number tag (something like “Page # (alternate)”) would mess up the possibility to include it sequentially later on.
Anonymous #401B
Those tags were suggested in the Ask the mods anything thread in regards to the possibility of adding “sequences” as a site feature for the easy navigation of comic pages. To wit:  
@Philosofur
Make sure comics are tagged with their series name. Preferably also put the page number in the description with the format “Page %d” (where %d is a positive integer). Other than that, not much to say. It’s going to be a lot of manual work.
Anonymous #401B
@Anonymous #401B
Not really. This was supposed to go into description and not be used as a tag.
…put the page number in the description
Well, that was my mistake then.

I’ve removed all the page number tags and switched them to the description, so if you want to delete those it shouldn’t affect anything anymore.
Interested in advertising on Furbooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Furbooru is not cheap to operate - help support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: Retired