Creating new artist tags

Tagging Discussion » Creating new artist tags Search Posts
Anonymous #405C
I’m looking to upload some art from artists that aren’t here yet. The tag editor doesn’t let me create new artists. Is there something I’m missing or do you have to request new artist tags on a case by case basis?
Hoffun Way
Even Worse Kobold -
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Derpy Fur - Prevented Furbooru's terrible fate in April of 2021.
Astra - Helped choose the name for our mascot - Astra.
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.

On Fire
Can you clarify how it doesn’t let you? Can you not key it in? Or does it not appear when you upload?  
You should be able to add a tag, existent or not, by typing it out and pressing enter.  
Or, if you use the plain editor, just type out the tags and separate them with commas.
Anonymous #405C
@Hoffun Way

I entered something like “artist:abcxyz” into the editor and it wouldn’t accept it. Clicking the save button didn’t add the tag either.
CruFox
The 1% - Hit 1% of Uploads Milestone for a year
Even Worse Kobold -
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Tag Master - Exceptionally Good and Proficient Tagger
Derpy Fur - Prevented Furbooru's terrible fate in April of 2021.
Dedicated Lifter  - Uploaded over 5k art pieces
Seedling - Gave the site life with many uploads during its first months
Heavy Lifter -
Astra - Helped choose the name for our mascot - Astra.
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.

I like tags
@Anonymous #405C  
What do you mean by “wouldn’t accept it”? You need to press enter to accept a tag.  
full

Save button is for saving all the tags that were inputted so that they can be then loaded when the upload page is opened again (useful when for example you are uploading multiple versions of the same image that share most of the tags).

You can also switch to plain editor (separate tags with commas there):  
full
Interested in advertising on Furbooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Furbooru is not cheap to operate - help support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide