Character Tag Categorization.

DoesNotExist
Even Worse Kobold -
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Founder Artist - Had at least 75 images under their tag before the site has hit its 50,000 uploads milestone.
Astra - Helped choose the name for our mascot - Astra.
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.
Artist -

YipYap!
Question for in here; character Katia Managan from the TES: Oblivion fan webcomic Prequel has two character tags, both of which are OC tags, oc:katia managan and oc:katia managan (kazerad). Obviously the two tags should be merged, but I’m not sure if the character ought to have an OC tag or just a plain character tag, since they aren’t a fursona or similar. If they should have a plain character tag, I imagine it ought to be “oc:katia managan (prequel)” going by the established convention?
Somedragonguy
The 1% - Hit 1% of Uploads Milestone for a year
Dedicated Lifter  - Uploaded over 5k art pieces
Even Worse Kobold -
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Seedling - Gave the site life with many uploads during its first months
Heavy Lifter - Uploaded over 1k art pieces
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.
Since the Beginning - Registered before the site was public

Dragonpone
@DoesNotExist  
If she’s treated as a “character” rather than an “OC”, it should probably be “Katia Managan (prequel)”. Though, that does bring up the question of when an OC becomes a character as far as tagging is concerned.

Are towergirls princesses characters or OCs?  
At what point do characters like this earn character rather than OC status?

E621 files everything under a blanket “character” but as far as I could find there isn’t really a criteria made clear to define it on the tag rules here.  
…sorry, kinda got lost in the point :p
Twifan

@Somedragonguy  
I believe it depends on the series the character belongs to. OCs are characters that are based on a series (such as sonic the hedgehog, or my little pony) but are not officially created to that series, or characters that don’t belong to any series.

For instances, loona is tagged belonging to a popular made series. She isn’t an OC because of her reference to that series.

But littlepip is a fan made character even those she belongs to a series fallout equestria, because fallout equestria is recognized as a fan series based on an existing series (MLP) and not its own series.
Somedragonguy
Even Worse Kobold -

Dragonpone
@Twifan  
I generally agree with that (imo, Katia should be labeled an OC and not a character) but it gets a lot messier when dealing with things that aren’t basing characters off already existing properties, like my two examples. It’d just be nice to get word on stuff like that before there are too many tags to manage.

For instances, loona is tagged belonging to a popular made series. She isn’t an OC because of her reference to that series.
And yet the helluva boss tags use the creator’s handle for her suffix like an OC, instead of the franchise like all the other character tags >:v
DoesNotExist
Even Worse Kobold -
Founder Artist - Had at least 75 images under their tag before the site has hit its 50,000 uploads milestone.
Artist -

YipYap!
@Somedragonguy  
Right, yes, not sure why I included oc in that last one. Silly me, wasn’t thinking!

@Twifan  
It makes sense that, following the precedent of Littlepip, Katia ought to be an OC too, I just want clarification from the rules-makers, since the first post on this thread calls out “famous community made” characters. Also, so people are aware that two separate character tags were made for the character, apparently independently.
furred_researcher
Tag Lover - Good and Proficient Tagger

Remainders of my recent post + one extra remainder :

kirby (series) :  
rick (kirby) Des: A male hamster sidekick.  
Implies : Nintendo

mega man (series) :  
proto man (mega man)  
roll (mega man) Des: Mega Man’s sister.  
Implies : Capcom

… Above are done … Do the below …

winnie-the-pooh :  
roo (winnie-the-pooh)  
Implies : Disney

aladdin (disney franchise) :  
rajah (aladdin) Des: Jasmine’s pet tiger.  
mirage (aladdin) Des: Animated Series’ exclusive character.  
Implies : Disney

rick and morty : (make this tag yellow first)  
rick sanchez (rick and morty)  
morty smith (rick and morty)

bookworm (game series) : (make this tag yellow and implies its creator first)  
lex (bookworm)  
Implies : Popcap Games

ben 10 : (make this tag yellow first)  
benjamin tennyson (ben 10)  
kevin levin (ben 10)  
Implies : Cartoon Network

toy story :  
rex (toy story)  
bo peep (toy story)  
jessica jane pride (toy story) alias : jessie (toy story)  
slinky (toy story)  
lots-o’-huggin’ bear (toy story) alias : lotso bear (toy story)  
Implies : Disney, Pixar

franchise tag error fix  
the buzz on maggie **THIS TAG NEEDS TO BE YELLOW HERE AND IMPLIES DISNEY **(oops, link failure)

MLP:FIM :  
dr fauna (mlp) aliases : dr. fauna (mlp), mane goodall (mlp), mane cureall (mlp)  
Implies: Hasbro  
(make the implications for Twi, Ponk, AJ, Luna and Celestia too, just these mares first)
CruFox
Even Worse Kobold -
Tag Master - Exceptionally Good and Proficient Tagger
Derpy Fur - Prevented Furbooru's terrible fate in April of 2021.
Heavy Lifter -

I like tags

Actually, the species name is just “deadly nadder” and that “hofferson’s” part is ther only for stormfly because it’s her dragon, as per wiki article:  
Stormfly is Astrid Hofferson’s Deadly Nadder
–  
@DoesNotExist  
I made oc:katia managan the main tag that implies pink prequel (webcomic)  
–  
@Somedragonguy  
Are towergirls princesses characters or OCs?
According to a wiki this game has it’s canon characters listed here: https://the-official-towergirls.fandom.com/wiki/Canon_made_by_Gats so those would be blue and others would be OC…?  
At what point do characters like this earn character rather than OC status?
In this case: when you get other people than the creator to dub a cartoon about them that gets a few million views

Rest is done.
Somedragonguy
Even Worse Kobold -

Dragonpone
I made oc:katia managan the main tag that implies pink prequel (webcomic)
Going by how the OC tags are to be formatted, shouldn’t the version including the creator be the main tag?  
According to a wiki this game has it’s canon characters listed here: https://the-official-towergirls.fandom.com/wiki/Canon_made_by_Gats so those would be blue and others would be OC…?
That’s a nice source to have. There are way too many of those sheets on the internet for me to pick out “official” from “fan-made” or even artist in most cases so I’ll probably reference this for future uploads.
DoesNotExist
Even Worse Kobold -
Artist -

YipYap!
@Somedragonguy  
From what I remember on the OC categorisation thread, adding the creator’s name is only really necessary if the OC has a common name, where you could expect multiple OCs to have the same name. The likelihood of two characters existing called “Katia Managan” are pretty tiny.
furred_researcher

My, I was hoping to rest, but…

blue sky studios should now be a yellow tag and be implied by rio and all of its currently registered characters (2 of them, jewel and blu)

ice age (series) : (make the tag yellow first and imply its creator)  
scrat (ice age)  
momma dino (ice age)  
Implies : Blue Sky Studios

(I might wanna check on Discord later to see how they speed up tag registration there, not MLP Discord, but a program)
furred_researcher

Franchise tags:  
the idolmasters  
transformice

With Implications:  
the lorax -> Dr. Seuss  
green eggs and ham -> Dr. Seuss  
craig of the creek -> Cartoon Network

6 mlp characters:  
Spike -> Hasbro  
Discord -> Hasbro  
Big Macintosh -> Hasbro  
Apple Bloom -> Hasbro  
Sweetie Belle -> Hasbro  
Scootaloo -> Hasbro

Or if that was wrong, I’ll try this format…  
Dr. Seuss implied by the lorax, green eggs and ham (both yellow)  
Cartoon Network implied by craig of the creek (also a yellow)  
Or  
Dr. Seuss implied by : the lorax, green eggs and ham (both yellow)  
Cartoon Network implied by : craig of the creek (also a yellow)

And  
Hasbro implied by : spike (mlp), discord (mlp), big macintosh (mlp), apple bloom (mlp), sweetie belle (mlp), scootaloo (mlp)  
or  
Hasbro implied by : spike (mlp), discord (mlp), big macintosh (mlp), apple bloom (mlp), sweetie belle (mlp), scootaloo (mlp)

Which format is the best? (My guess is the last one, only link of the target tag, and commas)
CruFox
Even Worse Kobold -
Tag Master - Exceptionally Good and Proficient Tagger
Derpy Fur - Prevented Furbooru's terrible fate in April of 2021.
Heavy Lifter -

I like tags
Which format is the best? (My guess is the last one, only link of the target tag, and commas)
This one:  
as it is easy to just open all those tags that should imply hasbro in new tabs and then paste “hasbro” in a proper place into all of them. Tags that will imply other tags need to be linked. Implications and aliases are added at source tags and not at targed tags.

As for commas they are important when one tag should imply many other tags, so for example if we assumed there were no implications at all on princess celestia (mlp) then all tags it should imply should be listed together separated by commas like this:  
to keep it consistent that part from the “ Hasbro implied by…” qoute could also be:  

–  
Also: everything done.
furred_researcher

@CruFox  
Got it, I have learned the new principle of posting for ease of use for mods. Woo hoo!

spike (mlp), discord (mlp), big macintosh (mlp), apple bloom (mlp), sweetie belle (mlp), scootaloo (mlp) → Hasbro  
(pretend the link is on)

Ok,  
There’s more! (Do it when you feel ready, I won’t be pushy, never ever, I just give it a try.)

Set 1. The magicals.  
starlight glimmer (mlp), trixie (mlp), sunburst (mlp), queen chrysalis (mlp), princess cadence (mlp), shining armor (mlp) -> Hasbro

Set 2. The ensemble dark horses.  
derpy hooves (mlp), time turner (mlp), lyra heartstrings (mlp), bon bon (mlp), octavia melody (mlp), vinyl scratch (mlp) -> Hasbro

Set 3. Non MLPs.  
russell ferguson (lps), zoe trent (lps), megatron (transformers), optimus prime (transformers) -> Hasbro

Set 4. Evil/Dark Alter Egos.  
pinkamena diane pie (mlp), nightmare moon (mlp), nightmare rarity (mlp), daybreaker (mlp), flutterbat (mlp) -> Hasbro

Set 5. Wonderbolts & Other High officials  
spitfire (mlp), fleetfoot (mlp), soarin’ (mlp), thorax (mlp), princess ember (mlp), prince rutherford (mlp), queen novo (mlp) -> Hasbro

Set 6. Student Six.  
gallus (mlp), sandbar (mlp), yona (mlp), smolder (mlp), silverstream (mlp), ocellus (mlp) -> Hasbro
Anonymous #BD28
Characters (and Series) Implications

Registered characters but missing implications:  
button mash (mlp), bow hothoof (mlp), ruby pinch (mlp), apple fritter (mlp), noi (mlp), piña colada (mlp) -> my little pony, hasbro, friendship is magic

(PS: bow hothoof (mlp) is Rainbow Dash’s father.)

dio brando alias into dio brando (jojo) for consistency please  
dio brando (jojo) -> jojo’s bizarre adventure

Yet to be registered characters:  
hathi junior (the jungle book) -> the jungle book  
hathi junior (the jungle book) -> disney

bambi’s mother (bambi) -> bambi (film)  
bambi’s mother (bambi) -> disney

pepe le pew (looney tunes) -> looney tunes  
pepe le pew (looney tunes) -> warner brothers

monokuma (danganronpa), shirokuma (danganronpa), nagito komaeda (danganronpa) -> danganronpa  
[ franchise: danganronpa ]

jack skellington (tnbc), sally (tnbc), lock (tnbc), shock (tnbc), barrel (tnbc), oogie boogie (tnbc) -> the nightmare before christmas  
jack skellington (tnbc), sally (tnbc), lock (tnbc), shock (tnbc), barrel (tnbc), oogie boogie (tnbc) -> disney  
[ franchise: the nightmare before christmas -> disney ]

grim (grim billy & mandy), billy (grim billy & mandy), mandy (grim billy & mandy) -> the grim adventures of billy & mandy  
grim (grim billy & mandy), billy (grim billy & mandy), mandy (grim billy & mandy) -> cartoon network  
[ franchise: the grim adventures of billy & mandy -> cartoon network ]

sour bill (wreck-it-ralph), turbo (wreck-it-ralph) -> wreck-it ralph (series)  
sour bill (wreck-it-ralph), turbo (wreck-it-ralph) -> disney

harry potter (character) -> harry potter (series)

glinda the good witch (the wizard of oz) -> the wizard of oz

cruella de vil (101 dalmatians) -> 101 dalmatians  
cruella de vil (101 dalmatians) -> disney

mikoto meika (vocaloid), hime meika (vocaloid), dex (vocaloid), fukase (vocaloid) -> vocaloid

sprinkles (blue’s clues) -> blue’s clues  
sprinkles (blue’s clues) -> nickelodeon

leonardo (tmnt), raphael (tmnt), donatello (tmnt), michelangelo (tmnt), master splinter (tmnt) -> teenage mutant ninja turtles

jack sparrow (pirate of the caribbean) -> the pirate of the caribbean  
jack sparrow (pirate of the caribbean) -> disney  
[ franchise : the pirate of the caribbean -> disney ]

attack on titan (just a franchise tag for this one)

fursearch ;) do this when you feel ready
Somedragonguy
Even Worse Kobold -

Dragonpone
So, this might be something only I care about, but the major comic companies should probably have their characters imply dc comics / marvel / image comics and use their respective suffix (i.e. “catwoman (dc comics)”). Keeping them separated into their own series makes things more complicated and difficult to search for, as well as kinda arbitrary given how many characters have their own series. Maybe add tv show or movie titles if the character is using the design from something specific (although I was under the impression the site was trying to move away from too many content official tags) but I think it’d be better to have stuff like raven (teen titans) -> raven (dc comics), even if most Raven images borrow from the shows design.
Interested in advertising on Furbooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Furbooru is not cheap to operate - help support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide