Viewing last 25 versions of post by CruFox in topic Character Tag Categorization.

CruFox
The 1% - Hit 1% of Uploads Milestone for a year
Even Worse Kobold -
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Tag Master - Exceptionally Good and Proficient Tagger
Derpy Fur - Prevented Furbooru's terrible fate in April of 2021.
Dedicated Lifter  - Uploaded over 5k art pieces
Seedling - Gave the site life with many uploads during its first months
Heavy Lifter -
Astra - Helped choose the name for our mascot - Astra.
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.

I like tags
"[@furred_researcher":](/forums/tagging/topics/character-tag-categorization?post_id=13811#post_13811
[bq]
)  

>
Which format is the best? (My guess is the last one, only link of the target tag, and commas) [/bq]
This one:

>
[bq="furred_researcher"]"Hasbro":](/tags/hasbro) implied by : "[spike (mlp)":](/tags/spike+%2528mlp%2529), "[discord (mlp)":](/tags/discord+%2528mlp%2529), "[big macintosh (mlp)":](/tags/big+macintosh+%2528mlp%2529), "[apple bloom (mlp)":](/tags/apple+bloom+%2528mlp%2529), "[sweetie belle (mlp)":](/tags/sweetie+belle+%2528mlp%2529), "[scootaloo (mlp)":](/tags/scootaloo+%2528mlp%2529[/bq])
as it is easy to just open all those tags that should imply @`hasbro@` in new tabs and then paste "hasbro" in a proper place into all of them. Tags that will imply other tags need to be linked. Implications and aliases are added at source tags and not at targed tags.

As for commas they are important when one tag should imply many other tags, so for example if we assumed there were no implications at all on "[princess celestia (mlp)":](/tags/princess+celestia+%2528mlp%2529) then all tags it should imply should be listed together separated by commas like this:

>
[bq]"princess celestia (mlp)":](/tags/princess+celestia+%2528mlp%2529) -> "[my little pony":](/tags/my%2Blittle%2Bpony), "[hasbro":](/tags/hasbro), "[friendship is magic":](/tags/friendship%2Bis%2Bmagic[/bq])
to keep it consistent that part from the " "[Hasbro":](/tags/hasbro) implied by..." qoute could also be:

>
[bq]"spike (mlp)":](/tags/spike+%2528mlp%2529), "[discord (mlp)":](/tags/discord+%2528mlp%2529), "[big macintosh (mlp)":](/tags/big+macintosh+%2528mlp%2529), "[apple bloom (mlp)":](/tags/apple+bloom+%2528mlp%2529), "[sweetie belle (mlp)":](/tags/sweetie+belle+%2528mlp%2529), "[scootaloo (mlp)":](/tags/scootaloo+%2528mlp%2529) -> "[Hasbro":](/tags/hasbro[/bq]

)

--

Also: everything done.
No reason given
Edited by CruFox
CruFox
Even Worse Kobold -
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Heavy Lifter -
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.

I like tags
"@furred_researcher":/forums/tagging/topics/character-tag-categorization?post_id=13811#post_13811
[bq]
Which format is the best? (My guess is the last one, only link of the target tag, and commas) [/bq]This one:
[bq="furred_researcher"]"Hasbro":/tags/hasbro implied by : "spike (mlp)":/tags/spike+%2528mlp%2529, "discord (mlp)":/tags/discord+%2528mlp%2529, "big macintosh (mlp)":/tags/big+macintosh+%2528mlp%2529, "apple bloom (mlp)":/tags/apple+bloom+%2528mlp%2529, "sweetie belle (mlp)":/tags/sweetie+belle+%2528mlp%2529, "scootaloo (mlp)":/tags/scootaloo+%2528mlp%2529[/bq]as it is easy to just open all those tags that should imply @hasbro@ in new tabs and then paste "hasbro" in a proper place into all of them. Tags that will imply other tags need to be linked. Implications and aliases are added at source tags and not at targed tags.

As for commas they are important when one tag should imply many other tags, so for example if we assumed there were no implications at all on "princess celestia (mlp)":/tags/princess+celestia+%2528mlp%2529 then all tags it should imply should be listed together separated by commas like this:
[bq]"princess celestia (mlp)":/tags/princess+celestia+%2528mlp%2529 -> "my little pony":/tags/my%2Blittle%2Bpony, "hasbro":/tags/hasbro, "friendship is magic":/tags/friendship%2Bis%2Bmagic[/bq]to keep it consistent that part from the " "Hasbro":/tags/hasbro implied by..." qoute could also be:
[bq]"spike (mlp)":/tags/spike+%2528mlp%2529, "discord (mlp)":/tags/discord+%2528mlp%2529, "big macintosh (mlp)":/tags/big+macintosh+%2528mlp%2529, "apple bloom (mlp)":/tags/apple+bloom+%2528mlp%2529, "sweetie belle (mlp)":/tags/sweetie+belle+%2528mlp%2529, "scootaloo (mlp)":/tags/scootaloo+%2528mlp%2529 -> "Hasbro":/tags/hasbro[/bq]

--

No reason given
Edited by CruFox
CruFox
Even Worse Kobold -
Heavy Lifter -

I like tags
"@furred_researcher":/forums/tagging/topics/character-tag-categorization?post_id=13811#post_13811
[bq]
Which format is the best? (My guess is the last one, only link of the target tag, and commas) [/bq]This one:
[bq="furred_researcher"]"Hasbro":/tags/hasbro implied by : "spike (mlp)":/tags/spike+%2528mlp%2529, "discord (mlp)":/tags/discord+%2528mlp%2529, "big macintosh (mlp)":/tags/big+macintosh+%2528mlp%2529, "apple bloom (mlp)":/tags/apple+bloom+%2528mlp%2529, "sweetie belle (mlp)":/tags/sweetie+belle+%2528mlp%2529, "scootaloo (mlp)":/tags/scootaloo+%2528mlp%2529[/bq]as it is easy to just open all those tags that should imply @hasbro@ in new tabs and then paste "hasbro" in a proper place into all of them. Tags that will imply other tags need to be linked. Implications and aliases are added at source tags and not at targed tags.

As for commas they are important when one tag should imply many other tags, so for example if we assumed there were no implications at all on "princess celestia (mlp)":/tags/princess+celestia+%2528mlp%2529 then all tags it should imply should be listed together separated by commas like this:
[bq]"princess celestia (mlp)":/tags/princess+celestia+%2528mlp%2529 -> "my little pony":/tags/my%2Blittle%2Bpony, "hasbro":/tags/hasbro, "friendship is magic":/tags/friendship%2Bis%2Bmagic[/bq]to keep it consistent that lpart frongm ther p"Hasbro":/tags/hasbro implied by qoute could also be:
[bq]"spike (mlp)":/tags/spike+%2528mlp%2529, "discord (mlp)":/tags/discord+%2528mlp%2529, "big macintosh (mlp)":/tags/big+macintosh+%2528mlp%2529, "apple bloom (mlp)":/tags/apple+bloom+%2528mlp%2529, "sweetie belle (mlp)":/tags/sweetie+belle+%2528mlp%2529, "scootaloo (mlp)":/tags/scootaloo+%2528mlp%2529 -> "Hasbro":/tags/hasbro[/bq]

--

No reason given
Edited by CruFox