Sonic RP General (SWF, Official and Fan Characters Welcome!)

Greg Universe
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Astra - Helped choose the name for our mascot - Astra.
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.

Grandest of Dads
(Official characters are first-come, first served. Your own OCs are fine too. I call Eggman!)

(It’s fine for multiple concurrent plotlines to be going on in different locations too. So for example, some players might be Eggman and his robots in his fortress, and maybe someone else is playing some animals in Green Hill Zone just doin’ their thing.)

(Universe is mostly based on the games, but feel free to adapt characters from the cartoons and comics if you like; Just try to “Sega-fy” them so they make sense within the context of the games universe.)

(Also, if someone claims an official character and they go - say - two weeks without posting, that slot will open up to be claimed by someone else.)

Up within his mountaintop fortress, beneath a golden statue bearing his grinning mustachioed likeness, the nefarious Dr. Ivo “Eggman” Robotnik was working hard on his latest creation.

“Whew!” the doctor wiped his brow, setting his torque wrench aside and gesturing for a Motobug to approach. The Badnik wheeled over a snack cart bearing a tall glass of water and a plate of hard-boiled eggs. The doctor grinned and took a sip, “Ahh! All this building sure works up an appetite! Hoho, I’ve got to eat up to keep my big bad brain energized!”

He turned back to the machine he was laboring away on; It appeared to be a human-sized mechanical suit of some kind. On it were seven conspicuous power slots - each just the right size for the Chaos Emeralds.

“Heh heh…” Eggman chuckled, “That heinous hedgehog has thwarted my schemes by using those wretched rocks to power himself up one too many times! But with this… this… Hohoho, I’ll be the one to go super, and then I’ll ruin his day! Oh, I’m so brilliant it almost hurts!”

He took a blowtorch to the stainless steel hull of the suit, and then, stepping back, paused to admire his work.

“Mwa ha ha ha! It’s done!” Eggman grinned, looking over the super suit, “Now… I just have to go find the Emeralds to power this baby up!”

The doctor turned dramatically, and began to stride toward his Eggmobile, storing the power armor in the back, “To South Island! I’ll search for those mysterious portals to the special zone, and then - once I find them all - I’ll be as powerful as Super Sonic himself! Oooh hoo hoo hoo!”

The sinister scientist took off, heading to Sonic’s old stomping grounds to begin his latest scheme.
Greg Universe
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.

Grandest of Dads
(is roboticization a thing here?)

(For Eggman, roboticization works the way it does in the games; That is, he won’t literally transmute flesh into metal, but he’ll put animals inside Badniks to use them as power sources. If you still want to play a roboticized character in the vein of SatAM or Archie, that’s fine, but you’d need to come up with an alternate origin for how they got that way, since the version of Robotnik I’m playing does not have access to that sort of technology.)
Greg Universe

Grandest of Dads
@Anonymous #5882

(Mm, maybe!

In the game canon, Eggman’s real name is Ivo Robotnik, and his grandfather was Professor Gerald Robotnik, the scientist who created Shadow the Hedgehog. We don’t know who Ivo’s dad is, though. I guess if you wanted, we could squeeze Julian Robotnik (Julian being SatAM Robotnik’s first name) in as the in-between generation.

Like Ivo is more of an idealist who thinks he’d make the world a better place by ruling it, and expects his subjects to adore and praise him - with statues of him and stuff put up everywhere by the grateful populace. While Julian was much more of a pure-evil bastard who just wanted all organic life gone. So Ivo and Julian - despite both being mad scientists who use robots - don’t see eye to eye and have very different visions for the world.

Would that work okay for you?)
Greg Universe

Grandest of Dads
@Cerebrate  
(Cool! Feel free to join in any time with whatever characters you like. I’m just holding off on any in-character posts for now so other people can play in the meantime.)
Cerebrate

Loves a Demon
(well i asked because of one i designed, Radar, a bat, which i often envisioned as either partially or fully roboticized and since then living up to his name as a spotter, i once even envisioned him as a miniboss with sonic(the sound not the hedgehog) attacks.)

(that aside a few “good citizens of robotropolis” namely mobians of “evil” species, rats, ferrets, vultures etc. that all too happily bend the knee in order to enjoy modern life.)
Greg Universe

Grandest of Dads
@Cerebrate

(Gotcha. The grimy wasteland of Robotropolis would be ol’ Pop Julian’s domain then, while Ivo hopes to strike out on his own and establish Eggmanland, which would be more of a modern, sleek, and clean futuristic city - albeit with effigies of the doc’s face everywhere and patrolled by Badniks to keep the citizens in line.

Since he hasn’t conquered his own territory yet, he mainly hides out in bases and fortresses, his only “subjects” the robots he built from scratch himself. But he hopes to change that soon by thwarting Sonic and taking over the world, which - with this added element of Julian Robotnik and Robotropolis to the story - would also let Eggman show up his old man and prove that he’s the number-one mad scientist!)
Greg Universe

Grandest of Dads
@Greg Universe
(would he go returning robians to their senses in order to have a starting citizenry? lots of uses for a few grateful citizens.)

(I think so, yeah.

Considering Eggman’s own robots have personalities and the ability to betray him, like Gamma and Omega - or remain loyal but still sassy, like Orbot.

I think Eggman’s got too much of an ego to be satisfied ruling over a bunch of mindless drones, so he might try to leverage using his genius to restore roboticized peoples’ personalities if it could get them to support his ideals for conquest.)
Cerebrate

Loves a Demon
@Greg Universe  
before getting out of the city limits he’d detect a flying object closing in fast, getting in front of the egg o matic.

“Doctor Ivo Robotnik, Master has ordered that you are not to leave the city, turn back or application of force will become necessary.”
Posted
Link
Anonymous #E948
Deletion reason: Spambot
Posted
Link
kalyl
Deletion reason: Spambot
Interested in advertising on Furbooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Furbooru is not cheap to operate - help support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide