Resurgance

background furry #19375
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Derpy Fur - Prevented Furbooru's terrible fate in April of 2021.
Astra - Helped choose the name for our mascot - Astra.
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.

@NyantaStarhunt @Cerebrate  
“So… what’s ‘Mandala’? And should we check it, just to ensure these anachronistic mooks haven’t tampered anything?”

Removing the knife from the dead man’s neck, the very end of the blade appears to’ve turned into an urchin-like tip, with no small degree of viscera still caught between the spikes: waving it once sharply toward the ground, blood and flesh fling off unto the floor as the hydrophobic blade changes back to normal, then folds into the handle like a roll of measuring tape.

“…Not one for the academic prefixes, just to point that out. You both can just call me ‘Indra’.”
background furry #19375
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.

@NyantaStarhunt @Cerebrate  
“Pardon, I meant that incorporeal voice, not you two standing before me. I won’t interfere nor investigate further, but one thing before I depart; that waystation AI that led me here was too forthcoming, even if it only divulged the project name. It may be the source of breach in confidentiality that lured the wutai here.”

The stranger then takes leave, heading to inspect any damage to the refinery where the raiders had fought the scorpion.
background furry #19375

Repairing wherever stoppages could occur with resupply, Indra scrounges together and sends all he needs into orbit, returning with it to the waystation, where the Cyhyraeth awaits nearly damageless now but with material-caches and fuel reservoirs emptied. Watching from a cupola as pallets drift in a column feeding into his vessel’s open side, he reclines into a zero-g chair, then enacts Nepenthe algorithms to delete all memory of his entire visit, up to just before he’d first set foot unto the station.

[ 🎶 ]  
Waking up to the view before him, he reembarks aboard his vessel–onboard ship’s AI formally announcing return of authority back to Indra–then plots a course headed for the nearest jump point, sending the Cyhyraeth coasting away into the black void.

While skeleton crew remain at stations, Indra’s personal tiny and adjutant “Clement” visits him in his helm and living quarters.

Clement: “So… how’d it go?”

Indra: “More ‘lack’. Only recall riding up to the impromptu spacewalk, but at least I got the ship replenished, along with this-” Unpockets a small blobject containing the waystation’s blueprints, along with undeleted parcels of info on the refinery’s layout.
Cerebrate

Loves a Demon
@Coriolanus

@Coriolanus  
Midnight: “confirmation of deletion process received, Mandala refinery, secured. rebuilding of defense force commencing, request for additional security units, including organic control staff, sent.”
Cerebrate

Loves a Demon
@NyantaStarhunt  
Ceri Nods and makes to leave, a few security monodrives confirming the death of the wutai attackers.

Shinra AI: “attack coordination at 60% efficiency, this raid was well prepared, insider involvement likely.”

Midnight: “already all filed in a report to Ursus. no doubt we’ll be offered more meaningful tasks in the future, even if this one turned out to mean a lot.”
background furry #19375

[ 🎶 ]  
Leaving civilized space, the Cyhyraeth sets course toward an unoccupied system bearing no earthlike habitable planets.

full

Arrived high above the system’s ecliptic plane, Indra leaves the helm, floating through tubular corridors to the AI core chamber, where a brain-like mass of computronium sits submerged within a rippling orb of liquid coolant, bundles of high-capacity data lines leading out of the fluid to branch out all across the Cyhyraeth…

Within this chamber, he pans across, inspecting which cables lead to which compartmentalized functions.

“…I’m about to set toward working on something grand, and ‘liberating’, so to speak.”

“I need to know for certain if you answer to Shinra, or to me, and if so’s the latter, then you’ll have to prove it.”
Cerebrate

Loves a Demon
@NyantaStarhunt  
Midnight: “good point… i looked through some research data of this being… it slaughetered the first contact team, toyed with their minds and bodies before finally just filling them with energy until they pop… it getting free could spell destruction to an entire quadrant before it is contained again.”
Interested in advertising on Furbooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Furbooru is not cheap to operate - help support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide