Frontiers and Pioneers (sci-fi, NSFW(violence,possible teases), robots)

background furry #19375
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Derpy Fur - Prevented Furbooru's terrible fate in April of 2021.
Astra - Helped choose the name for our mascot - Astra.
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.

@Cerebrate  
“I have no idea how much a part of them it really is, hence the Pandora’s box analogy; just looking into what makes them them is what got me the last time. I mean… I could try something with a little gadget I’ve been keeping all these centuries in one of my box-bots…”

“That device, its function was to use closed time-like curves to perform computations impossible in any finite computer, to discover whether we’re all in base-reality, or some kind of detailed simulation. Took it as a war spoil after deactivating a dormant oracle AI just waiting for someone to ask a wrong Armageddon-causing question… I could use it to make a kind of… ‘matryoshka system’, so to speak; simulations superposed within simulations, then try inspecting inert instances of their minds.”

“In short, it’d be like glimpsing through a door keyhole, into another door keyhole, then another, just to carefully piece what I need to know together, with several more doors locked behind me. It’d take a while, and I’d need some help, but I bet I could make these robolds normal again.”
NyantaStarhunt
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.

I post Changeling stuff
@Cerebrate  
his ears flick up at that oh thats very good of you! We starhunts pride that! he smiles and sways his tail

What services do ya offer us? I know yo usaid cybernetics but care to explai nto a dumb cat
background furry #19375
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.

@Cerebrate  
“Ehm… notepads, mote-datadrives, a kilogramme of every stable element, duct tape, a nanofabber paired with a disassembler, glue, a telescope for scanning the higher bulk for brane resonance frequencies–good for spotting faster-than-light phenomenon, paperclips–big ones… pretty certain the buddybrick was supposed to be a container for lethal payloads, for exterminating survivors like ant-poison, but the one I’ve got’s empty; good desk ornament that’s pretty to look at, though.”
background furry #19375

@Cerebrate @EclecticInspiration  
“Lets…” As he says, looking briefly at a small real-time video screen presenting one of his prized possessions, something within one of his box-bots already aboard the Eriksson, looking more like an abstract artpiece than anything tech-related…

Pocketing the screen as he, Imos, and the robolds approach across the hangar to the Eriksson, he spots and heads to Riggs.

“Hemlo, Olive,” -,-

“ready to trailblaze another new world?”
background furry #19375

@EclecticInspiration  
“Now that I’ve got the peak-side facility renting out labs, raking cash and favors in for all of us, this time I might start dabbling into, well… extreme forms of exploration, so to speak. You ever seen converted imagery footage of the drones diving down to the rocky core of Jupiter? ‘cuz if the next place we visit’s got a local gas or ice giant, I might go down there.” <-<

“…‘r at least just generally prop muhself up into local space around our next colony… or dive into any ocean-bodies, or even dig deep down into somewhere with funny mineral deposits, string-net matters, liquid-solid lattices, n’whatnot… As I’ve said, feel in mood to play an ‘extremophile’, this next time around.”
EclecticInspiration

Skaven
@Coriolanus  
“I, too, hope to be more involved. I want to better myself. I’m…pretty sure spending so much time in the office hasn’t done me well. Exercise and gun play…with some new hires,” she says enthusiastically. “Guess we’ll both be more active, Rammy?” She smiles warmly to Shorg Sire™
background furry #19375

@EclecticInspiration  
Nearly melting right then and there, he barely keeps himself composed, tail and legs wobbling a bit.

“With you, Olive, yes, dear…” — ω—

“…-Ech, ahem! Ehm, sowwy.” The heuj shark recomposes. “Yes, that would be nice, indeed.” %._.%

”…Are we gonna share the same quarters onboard, though?” >~>’
EclecticInspiration

Skaven
@Coriolanus  
“I mean…I’m not opposed to it~ I doubt there’s enough space, though.” She gestures to her murder lizard doggo- it’d seem she hasn’t gotten rid of it. A murder lizard doggo juxtaposed next to Riggs in shirt and shorts is quite an odd sight considering how professional she’d been trying to be before, suggesting she might’ve gotten complacent while away from such a serious job.
background furry #19375

@EclecticInspiration  
“All of my belongings’ll do better stored away in the research deck, so I don’t need much room. I’ll bunk with you.”  
“It’ll certainly be alot better than the last trip aboard was, all cooped up by myself.” —~—

“Who is dis, tho?” Turning his attention to the reptilian beast, crouching toward it. “He or she got a name?”
Interested in advertising on Furbooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Furbooru is not cheap to operate - help support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide