Welcome to Furbooru (Beta)! Information about the site as a work-in-progress

CruFox
The 1% - Hit 1% of Uploads Milestone for a year
Even Worse Kobold -
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Tag Master - Exceptionally Good and Proficient Tagger
Derpy Fur - Prevented Furbooru's terrible fate in April of 2021.
Dedicated Lifter  - Uploaded over 5k art pieces
Seedling - Gave the site life with many uploads during its first months
Heavy Lifter -
Astra - Helped choose the name for our mascot - Astra.
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.

I like tags
@CruFox
Oh yeah quick tags were done by me under like 4 beers (I get drunk easily). I’ll add your tags to the list today, thanks.

So what about those quick tags? It has been 16 days ;)
Zajice
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.
Since the Beginning - Registered before the site was public

Wow, even the pony websites themselves are turning furry, smh.

But really, I’m all for this site being a thing as long as this project doesn’t end up interfering with Derpi in any capacity down the line. Derpi is perfect for me, and the last thing I wanna see is Derpi being given less attention in favor of this. Or some wild gung-ho decision to merge the sites, or dropping Derpi support cause “lol pony is kill,” or something like that.

I’ve always found Derpi’s staff to be pretty cool though, so I have faith y’all will handle this right. e621 in my experience however, has proven itself to be ran by asshats, so anything’s a better alternative to them for me. Although you guys gotta realize you’re a mom and pop shop trying to compete with Walmart here.

PS: Pls give purple theme option to Derpi too. It’s pretty.
byte[]
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Founder Artist - Had at least 75 images under their tag before the site has hit its 50,000 uploads milestone.
Artist -

@Zajice  
I’m staff at derpi.

I have no intention of joining staff here, and I’ve nearly singlehandedly run all the code stuff for years. As long as I’m around, it should be in good hands.
Joey
Even Worse Kobold -
Heavy Lifter - Uploaded over 1k art pieces
Artist -

System Administrator
@Zajice  
Derpibooru is still (and will remain) our primary site under the metaphorical umbrella.

Remember that Derpibooru is a fairly old site (launching January 2012), and some of us have been staff members for over half a decade. After all this time, we’ve pretty much gotten this whole “booru” thing down pat enough that we’re comfortable managing two of them without loosing focus on either.
CruFox
Even Worse Kobold -
Tag Master - Exceptionally Good and Proficient Tagger
Dedicated Lifter  - Uploaded over 5k art pieces
Heavy Lifter -

I like tags
Was this site forgotten by the staff? What is happening right now and what are the plans for the near future?
Luna
Even Worse Kobold -
Platinum Piece - Platinum Supporter on Patreon
Always Codes Drunk - Apparently cats have non-existent alcohol tolerance
Artist -

Administrator
Devops
@CruFox  
Also I just realized I didn’t actually tell what’s going on. We are preparing things for an official launch, going over our rulesets, guidelines, every single page, low-key testing stuff, preparing back-end for a surge of users, and generally just doing work to ensure our launch isn’t a repeat of how Derpibooru launched.
Mikey
Even Worse Kobold -

Wolf of Astronomy
@Anonymous #EA30  
I mean, furry content is extremely broad, and furry centric sites like E621 and FA allow MLP art. It’s not like MLP will be the focus, either. You can ignore it here, even filter, and just watch it on Derpi.
Anonymous #EA30
@Mikey  
i know, it’s not that i don’t like MLP stuff, but i fear ppl will upload MLP content only here and not on Derpi, so i could miss them. Checking 2 sites is much work.
Anonymous #8AF7
Can there be more transparent way of showing which Feature suggestions are rejected and never gonna happen, which are doubtful, which are undecided, and which are in the plans to implement?
Twinny

Hi hallo, new user here from Derpi! Even tho the overall layout looks alike, I can tell there’s a much more welcoming atmosphere here. Plus, it’s about furry content!

Wanna say, I appreciate your take of the site rules, especially your Rule #5. I feel better being a person of color who isn’t keen on that kind of taboo content. So thank you. :D
Interested in advertising on Furbooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Furbooru is not cheap to operate - help support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: No longer on beta.