This user account may be a spambot, check your artwork uploads

Anonymous #E731
Recently some uploads have gone missing and upon inspecting on some I’ve recovered I noticed this account linked with a LOT of uploads which tags they removed in masse, replacing them with nonsense and also removing artist tags along. If your art tag gallery seems to have missing uploads then this is most likely the culprit. The only way so far is to create a reverse search to find which of your uploads have been affected. I already reported the account and would advise anyone here do the same just in case. However I am urged to display the damage currently done and the reason why some of your stuff may had gone missing.

Featured uploads on this site have been tag vandalized, this is one example:

https://furbooru.org/images/101725

Link to the account’s tag history and vandalism-

https://furbooru.org/profiles/dfgiojdfioga/tag_changes
Zodmod
Tag Lover - Good and Proficient Tagger
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Seedling - Gave the site life with many uploads during its first months

Computerer
The junk tags dfgiojdfioga added take up about 577 out of the 720 pages in the Tags tab. Is it possible/reasonable for a staff member to remove them?
Ciaran
Even Worse Kobold -
Birthday Fur - Joined within the first year of the site operation and has had significant amount of activity as of June 1, 2021.
Derpy Fur - Prevented Furbooru's terrible fate in April of 2021.
Astra - Helped choose the name for our mascot - Astra.
Passing of the Eclipse - Joined within the first month of public opening and has had at least some activity as of August 3, 2020.
Gold Piece - Gold Supporter on Patreon
Artist -
Since the Beginning - Registered before the site was public

Draw or die
@Zodmod  
I’m assuming you are referring to the tag changes themselves. Removing those from the history would mean that the revisions that happened would also have to be removed, which would literally leave holes in the database. I don’t know how Philomena handles that kind of information being fragmented or partial but I assume it wouldn’t be good.

As far as I can see the histories themselves are not any kind of hinderance. Is there a reason that you would like them gone, other than that they look bad?

@OliverHancock  
You are welcome to your opinion, but doing that would not prevent it from happening again, and would be incredibly unethical - not least of which because it could very well encourage vigilantism.
Zodmod
Tag Lover - Good and Proficient Tagger
Seedling - Gave the site life with many uploads during its first months

Computerer
@Ciaran  
The Last button in the tags tab is currently useless. In order to find tags associated with only one file (or any small number), you have to spend a minute or so to find the page where the actual tags stop and the gibberish starts. This makes it inconvenient to track down and fix tags that are typos.

I agree that leaving holes in the database is not worth the convenience. Would it be possible to instead hide those tags from the Tags tab without removing them from the database?
Posted
Link
Elly Catfox
Deletion reason: Rule #n - Dude, it's just a fan site not the end of Human society. Seriously, chill. Here, have some dip.
Posted
Link
Elly Catfox
Deletion reason: Rule #n - Maybe this isn't the right place for you to be exposing information like this.
Interested in advertising on Furbooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Furbooru is not cheap to operate - help support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide